2023 UCLA Bruins

Phall

Master
Chip Kelly will return for a seventh season after his Bruins team finished the regular season 7-5. There are a few remarkable dynamics at play here.

The biggest elephant in the room is the stink-bomb QB position: departing supastar Dante Moore leaves with a 3-2 "starting" record, but two of those were freebies and the last game of the season was a punctuation of his ineptitude. The competent QB tandem of Ethan Garbers and Colin Schlee *may* have won 2-3 more games in the alternative universe where Dante picked any other of his big-pocketed suitors: who knows?

Going forward, UCLA will be facing a different class of programs at the top of the Big Ten. Do their administrators expect the team to finish ahead of several of these schools: Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Oregon, Washington, and USC - in order to make the 12-team playoff? Tough task.

I think that Chip will be closer to the upset in Year 10 than any P5 coordinator counterpart would be in Year 3. He should make better QB decisions!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Chip Kelly will return for a seventh season after his Bruins team finished the regular season 7-5. There are a few remarkable dynamics at play here.

The biggest elephant in the room is the stink-bomb QB position: departing supastar Dante Moore leaves with a 3-2 "starting" record, but two of those were freebies and the last game of the season was a punctuation of his ineptitude. The competent QB tandem of Ethan Garbers and Colin Schlee *may* have won 2-3 more games in the alternative universe where Dante picked any other of his big-pocketed suitors: who knows?

Going forward, UCLA will be facing a different class of programs at the top of the Big Ten. Do their administrators expect the team to finish ahead of several of these schools: Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Oregon, Washington, and USC - in order to make the 12-team playoff? Tough task.

I think that Chip will be closer to the upset in Year 10 than any P5 coordinator counterpart would be in Year 3. He should make better QB decisions!

https://www.on3.com/news/why-former...sting-name-to-enter-the-ncaa-transfer-portal/

An article trying to polish a turd. Providing excuses for Moore's struggles while failing to mention Garbers performed much more efficiently running the same offense.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I’d say good move by Steele if he was aware this was in the makings.

Warhawk_46

Master
Unfortunately, Steele won’t get a fair shot in the NFL he will likely end up in the UFL or CFL if he doesn’t give up on football altogether.

I hope I am wrong, but I fear I won’t be.