2023 Oregon Ducks

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Since 2007, Oregon has started 6, 9, 10, 10, 9, 9, 5, 8, 8, 6, 7, 7, 9, 4, 4 and 7 white starters. They tie an all time low of 4 in 2023.

Players to look out for are WR Kyler Kasper, QB Auston Novosad, TE Casey Kelly, LB Connor Soelle, LB Jake Shipley

Offense
QB Bo Nix
TE Terrance Ferguson
C Jackson Powers-Johnson

Defense
DT Casey Rogers

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
With the direction that seemingly all the Pac-12 teams have taken (UCLA maybe not withstanding), its hard to feel any sympathy for the conference disbanding. These teams are turds that need flushing.....

Phall

Master
Seems like a conscientious shift was made after the George Floyd riots (just a theory - maybe it was a collective subconscious shift from white guilt). Using that timeline, Year 3 is when you'd start seeing these jet-black rosters take the field as underclassmen.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Seems like a conscientious shift was made after the George Floyd riots (just a theory - maybe it was a collective subconscious shift from white guilt). Using that timeline, Year 3 is when you'd start seeing these jet-black rosters take the field as underclassmen.

Not sure what it is. I feel it's the Urban Meyer effect dating back to 2011/2012 as the main culprit. I blame Meyer and Chip Kelly for the basketball on grass offenses that have now become installed at pretty much every program in the country. Along with the dependence on scouting services and their arbitrary rankings for much of what is going on today in college football. American blacks aren't a growing minority group in this country so the fact that their numbers keep maintaining the disproportionate representation at all schools does have something driving it.

The number of SEC coaches, assistant coaches spreading through the college ranks and other conferences probably has something to do with it as well.

Are White kids really losing interest or deciding to pursue other sports? Lacrosse, hockey and to some extent baseball seem to be the way of the White athlete.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Not sure what it is. I feel it's the Urban Meyer effect dating back to 2011/2012 as the main culprit. I blame Meyer and Chip Kelly for the basketball on grass offenses that have now become installed at pretty much every program in the country. Along with the dependence on scouting services and their arbitrary rankings for much of what is going on today in college football. American blacks aren't a growing minority group in this country so the fact that their numbers keep maintaining the disproportionate representation at all schools does have something driving it.

The number of SEC coaches, assistant coaches spreading through the college ranks and other conferences probably has something to do with it as well.

Are White kids really losing interest or deciding to pursue other sports? Lacrosse, hockey and to some extent baseball seem to be the way of the White athlete.

If these kids do you can't really blame them as their odds are very slim no matter how good they play in high school. They are not wanted
by alot of schools now. College is just pushing the cultural marxism just like Hollyweird!

TwentyTwo

Master
Casey Rogers is a starter on the D Line...285lb former Rugby player had a 18 yard run on a Fake Punt today vs Colorado!

LB Connor Soelle played a lot! Is he a Starter now too?? He LED the TEAM in TACKLES today with 9!

Yeah it's a combo of all the above...... and the wussification of society as a whole.

For me it began as a kid w Jimmy Johnson at Oklahoma State/ Miami of the 80's & 90's.... has been the blueprint for the slide!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Casey Rogers is a starter on the D Line...285lb former Rugby player had a 18 yard run on a Fake Punt today vs Colorado!

LB Connor Soelle played a lot! Is he a Starter now too?? He LED the TEAM in TACKLES today with 9!

Yeah it's a combo of all the above...... and the wussification of society as a whole.

For me it began as a kid w Jimmy Johnson at Oklahoma State/ Miami of the 80's & 90's.... has been the blueprint for the slide!

My bad regarding Casey Rogers. Totally missed him. I've updated the list.

Jimmy Johnson, Massa Bowden, Barry Switzer, Bear Bryant all have different levels of blame applied to them for sure. I'd agree with you that Jimmy Johnson, Switzer along with Bowden really set the template moving forward after Bryant caved in back in the late 60s/early 70s.

White flight is part of it, but I think the recruiting services as you mentioned are one of the biggest changes, in the last decade at least.

Almost every single white WR/RB/DB in the NFL was under recruited. Theilen played D2, Kupp FCS, Renfrow was a walk-on, Alec Pierce had no power 5 offers (Cincinatti wasn't P5 at the time), and Riley Moss was essentially a 0 star recruit and was originally committed to NDSU.

There are plenty more guys on D1 rosters who walked on as 0 star recruits and made a real impact, but for every one of them, there are several potential D1/pro players who never get seen because rivals didn't give them a ranking. It's a pipeline that starts from high school and feeds into the college and pros.

We have the same issue in basketball, where Europeans develop talent through soccer-style academies and club teams, while our AAU circuits are fixated on "upside" over talent and fundamentals. And now the Euros are taking over the league. It's a shame that American Football isn't international, because I believe we'd see a lot of talent coming out of Europe and even Asia if given the chance.

jphoss

Mentor
White flight is part of it, but I think the recruiting services as you mentioned are one of the biggest changes, in the last decade at least.

Almost every single white WR/RB/DB in the NFL was under recruited. Theilen played D2, Kupp FCS, Renfrow was a walk-on, Alec Pierce had no power 5 offers (Cincinatti wasn't P5 at the time), and Riley Moss was essentially a 0 star recruit and was originally committed to NDSU.

There are plenty more guys on D1 rosters who walked on as 0 star recruits and made a real impact, but for every one of them, there are several potential D1/pro players who never get seen because rivals didn't give them a ranking. It's a pipeline that starts from high school and feeds into the college and pros.

We have the same issue in basketball, where Europeans develop talent through soccer-style academies and club teams, while our AAU circuits are fixated on "upside" over talent and fundamentals. And now the Euros are taking over the league. It's a shame that American Football isn't international, because I believe we'd see a lot of talent coming out of Europe and even Asia if given the chance.
100% the “recruiting” and camps engage is blatant discrimination. Some 5* commits and the dwf throw a parade without ever watching him play. They just assume he is good bc these rankings say so. Most times they are dead wrong. A lot of our guys who are great football players usually get recruited to play more white acceptable sports like lacrosse or wrestling. If you look at the top lacrosse programs like Virginia, MD, hopkins, etc you will see at least 20% of the players have all-state, city, leagu, etc… in football. It’s just that they don’t get a shot to play big time football being passed over for a higher “upside” black kid. It sucks and I would love to see legal action taken against these services but I won’t hold my breath.