2023 NFL Week 18

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mac Jones demoted to 3rd team today by the "genius" - my bet is he lands up on the 49ers

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Missed the games last night. It's too bad the Colts couldn't win against the Texans.

Sounds like Zach Wilson is done as a Jet. My guess is they draft a black savior QB.

Redskins sound like they are going to fire Rivera. Rumors are connecting Harbaugh and Belichek to the Chargers job - I hope not in the case of Belichek as he will continue to ruin Herbert's career.

Once the coaches start getting canned tomorrow we will get to hear the predictable "Not enough black coaches/rooney rule nonsense" as it has become a programmed into the media to push over the past 15+ years the week after the regular season ends up to all vacancies being filled.

I believe the Jaguars have to win today to get in the playoffs/clinch the division. Also rooting for the Bucs to clinch the NFC South.

Fat caste clown Daboll keeping the over the hill Taylor in over DeVito for the final game of the season? Probably.

Bills need to win tonight. Dolphins have been overmatched all year, really only winning over the bad teams. Tua is an overrated noddle armed QB with decent accuracy - I feel any of the White backup QBs that came in this year could be similarly successful in that system.
There was a lot of talk this week from certain sports radio hosts in NY that DeVito was benched because he was becoming too popular with the fans. The theory goes that the Giants don’t want a QB controversy next year when they either go back to Daniel Jones or a new 1st round pick. That’s why they are just going to burry him on the bench. Unfair but I can somewhat understand the reasoning. I think DeVito will have to go elsewhere to further his career as they apparently don’t think he can ever be the hometown hero and he’s a distraction otherwise as a backup.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
There was a lot of talk this week from certain sports radio hosts in NY that DeVito was benched because he was becoming too popular with the fans. The theory goes that the Giants don’t want a QB controversy next year when they either go back to Daniel Jones or a new 1st round pick. That’s why they are just going to burry him on the bench. Unfair but I can somewhat understand the reasoning. I think DeVito will have to go elsewhere to further his career as they apparently don’t think he can ever be the hometown hero and he’s a distraction otherwise as a backup.

I think Daboll is just that stupid to play a 35 year old journeyman QB rather than develop DeVito and let him play out the season. I believe Pittsburgh talk radio were floating the idea that Pickett refused to be the number 2 QB and yet that is what he was last night. Sports talk radio to me is akin to a bunch of yentas gossiping in a sewing circle.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Hill averaging 7 yards every time he touches the ball. 6 touches 42 first quarter yards. Moving in and out of the game.
It's clear he's the best athlete on offense yet the Saints just won't let him play every down.
So frustrating.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Hill averaging 7 yards every time he touches the ball. 6 touches 42 first quarter yards. Moving in and out of the game.
It's clear he's the best athlete on offense yet the Saints just won't let him play every down.
So frustrating.
Hill again on a third and 8 for 7 more yards!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Taysom Hill ...1st Qtr

3 carries 20 yards Rushing
3 catches 22 yards Recieving
Jamal Williams 6 for 10 yards

Hill gets them inside the 20 only to let the black RB get the TD.
The Saints absolutely refuse to let Hill have a big day and become a STAR!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I think Daboll is just that stupid to play a 35 year old journeyman QB rather than develop DeVito and let him play out the season. I believe Pittsburgh talk radio were floating the idea that Pickett refused to be the number 2 QB and yet that is what he was last night. Sports talk radio to me is akin to a bunch of yentas gossiping in a sewing circle.
Oh trust me, I want DeVito to start and the radio hosts wanted that too. This is their theory why a journeyman, who’s set to be a free agent, is starting over a rookie who’s done pretty well. They thought nothing else makes sense and I agree with them on that.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

CS, is Hill lining up as a RB or is he running from the QB position?

Snow Plow

Mentor
Hutch with sack 10.5, so joins the club. It was a trick play and Jefferson was going to throw it, but Hutch made the play and is credited for the sack.

Campbell has 5 total tackles, including the sack that Don mentioned.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hubbard with a sack and Hendrickson with a half sack. Browning playing well again. Will he be a FA? I think he clearly should be pursued as a starter by the many teams that need one.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hutch, Campbell and Anzalone each very noticeable in this game. Cominsky was scratched, assume he's injured.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Taysom Hill has had a nice career but he could have been so much better stats wise if the Saints had ever let him shine. At least he
is healthy and still playing the game he loves in his 30's. I just would have loved to see him at either as a starting quarterback or a
starting running back for a whole season. His skin is the only reason in my mind that he never got the opportunity. Glad to see him
still shining though as they have sat him & ignorred Hill way too much this season.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Taysom Hill has had a nice career but he could have been so much better stats wise if the Saints had ever let him shine. At least he
is healthy and still playing the game he loves in his 30's. I just would have loved to see him at either as a starting quarterback or a
starting running back for a whole season. His skin is the only reason in my mind that he never got the opportunity. Glad to see him
still shining though as they have sat him & ignorred Hill way too much this season.
I know it's easy from the living room to say this, but I promise you if I were Hill I would be letting coach Allen have it. Play me or trade me.
I would want to be a starting RB if I had his skills and I would let every team know. He's made $42 million. He doesn't need the money!

Rocky B

Master

Williams has around 90 carries for 270 yards for the season....
Brad Roberts couldn’t do better.....no way...
These talent evaluators suck bad.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I know it's easy from the living room to say this, but I promise you if I were Hill I would be letting coach Allen have it. Play me or trade me.
I would want to be a starting RB if I had his skills and I would let every team know. He's made $42 million. He doesn't need the money!
I don't disagree with you but he's 33 now and has never been allowed to start at QB other than a few games. At that age and with that track record of being grossly underused it's extremely unlikely that he'll ever be a starter for a team at RB or QB.

wile

Master
I’ll take Montana vs South Dakota St over NFL games they think I want to view on my local tv stations

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I don't disagree with you but he's 33 now and has never been allowed to start at QB other than a few games. At that age and with that track record of being grossly underused it's extremely unlikely that he'll ever be a starter for a team at RB or QB.
True Don, but I'm hoping he could pull a John Riggins. Riggins had 2- 1,000 yard seasons at 34 and 35 years old. Hill has not been beat up nearly as bad as Riggins had.
I miss the Diesel. He was one of a kind!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
LaPorta down and grabbing his left knee. . . gets up and gingerly walks to the sideline