2023 NFL Season Super Bowl LVIII

NikoDuke

Mentor
I knew it would end like this when they missed the XP..

They were out coached. And Kelce is the best TE I have ever seen. He is clutch

Sean89

Mentor
The drive in the 4th Q they had to read pressure and throw a screen.

Couldn't punch it in OT.

And after mahomes int and subsequent stops they had 3 or 4 three and outs.

Then last drive the DC joins the club and craps the bed.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wilkes should take a lot of the blame down the stretch. Some bad play calls especially when they ran that same running play in overtime with Mahomes. Zero adjustments or preparation.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
We can blame Shanahan but the blocked extra point and the black punt returner handing over a short field were the reasons they lost.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great Game. Chiefs are very white friendly but I can't lie, I'm bummed out. Cmac would have had the MVP with 160 total yards with his
big second half. :confused:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
some befuddling strategy by the 49ers, but it was an entertaining game. ultimately, that’s all that it should count for. just a fun game. sadly, it will impact much more than that.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
So the 49ers finally start running and put together a good five that stalls due to the offensive line allowing pressure up the middle. Frustrating.
It happened all game, the 49ers never adjusted to it whereas the Chiefs did easily when blitzed in crucial situations.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
some befuddling strategy by the 49ers, but it was an entertaining game. ultimately, that’s all that it should count for. just a fun game. sadly, it will impact much more than that.
yep. Mainly more broccoli headed mulattoes at the qb position. I for one will never stand for it!

white is right

Hall of Famer
And there it is.

Shanahan thoroughly out coached down the stretch by Reid.
Saw this one coming the 49ers probably should have gone for it on 4th down as a Chiefs field goal was lock in my opinion and more pressure on the Chiefs could have forced errors.

The Monday morning qb'ing of the game will be the usual Mahomes worship by the usual sources...

Snow Plow

Guru
This isn’t far off. I took my daughter to a volleyball tournament this weekend and had to listen to the first half on the radio. They repeated the same commercial at least 5 times about getting an additional booster. We are being controlled.

Warhawk_46

Master
We can blame Shanahan but the blocked extra point and the black punt returner handing over a short field were the reasons they lost.
They certainly contributed to it, but it is on the head coach and offensive play collar, which is Shanahan, to not abandon the run game.

The KC defense was exhausted and in its heels and he goes away from running the ball up their gut and gives them a break when they don’t convert a 3rd and 4. They needed to score that touchdown near the end of regulation.

Last edited:

jacque

Guru
Ending pissed me off. Whatever. At least the Chiefs have a great white friendly roster with a lot of awesome performers today, just lead by crybaby Mahomes, one of the NFLs sacred cows.

Let’s celebrate Justin Watson, George Karlaftis, Leo Chenal, Drew Tranquill, Noah Gray, and, I guess… Travis Kelce.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Boomer had a good point that the 9ers won the toss and should have considered giving the Chiefs the ball first. With the “new” OT playoff rules, it is advantageous to see what your opponent has done and what you need to match with 4 downs at your discretion.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
This is gay. Sports were fun while it lasted.

Viva Las Vegas! RIP America but fight for your right to party!

Kaptain

Master
Not to highjack, but speaking of booster shoots. I got a neighbor I met today that has a non-verbal autistic kid. The kid was talking normally at about age 4 until they gave him the Covid vax. The first couple of possessions in the second half when they didn't run CMC is where they lost the game. Also, my option pitch then pass would have worked. Andy Reed knew when to use Mahomes legs whereas Purdy - who is a better runner never got a call like that. Fat Bastard does know how to call up plays.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This is gay. Sports were fun while it lasted.

Viva Las Vegas! RIP America but fight for your right to party!
LOL. Don’t forget to drink your Bud Light before you get your 15th vaxxx and vote for the corpse of Biden. Sponsored by Pfizer.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
First game I’ve watched all year in its entirety and frankly the niners could have won it with some better play calling but alas, they didn’t.

It also struck me how few long pass attempts there were. I don’t recall seeing balls travel more than twenty yards in the air at all, though I assume there were a few plays here and there.

Was nice seeing whites play so well at a variety of different positions though.

Halftime was garbage but that’s nothing new.

Thanks again to this site for keeping me informed on this horror show of a league without having to watch mostly any of it .