2023 NFL Draft

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
On pick after pick, Mel Kiper mentions how their supposed athleticism hasn't resulted in consistent production, yet they keep getting drafted anyway. And of course when they're small and/or slow we get the spiel about how that doesn't affect their ability to play in the NFL. It's just an endless rehashing and recycling of the same soundbites and double standards year after year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yay Steelers lol, drafting Darnell Washington. Another clown wearing sunglasses indoors, one of many this year, it must be the latest idiotic "thang." All it tells me is that there's a very good chance he'll be a bust.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Yay Steelers lol, drafting Darnell Washington. Another clown wearing sunglasses indoors, one of many this year, it must be the latest idiotic "thang." All it tells me is that there's a very good chance he'll be a bust.
All while Charlie Jones waits and waits…

jphoss

Mentor
On pick after pick, Mel Kiper mentions how their supposed athleticism hasn't resulted in consistent production, yet they keep getting drafted anyway. And of course when they're small and/or slow we get the spiel about how that doesn't affect their ability to play in the NFL. It's just an endless rehashing and recycling of the same soundbites and double standards year after year.
It really is absurd once you think about it- a guy who’s not a good football player in college is somehow going to become a good football player in the nfl. Nearly every black prospect review says something like “elite athleticism but needs to turn it into production” lmao. But DWF keep consuming without questioning

Are you telling me Demarion Overshowm isn’t one of our guys? White sounding name to me!
Now "Bergstrom", that's clearly one of our guys!

Fun draft prop for future years, which will there be more of: whites in the first round, or unique spellings of "Jalen" across all 7 rounds?

Tannehill17

Mentor
It really is absurd once you think about it- a guy who’s not a good football player in college is somehow going to become a good football player in the nfl. Nearly every black prospect review says something like “elite athleticism but needs to turn it into production” lmao. But DWF keep consuming without questioning
I've been saying the exact same thing for about 15 years now. The idea that poor college players with elite athleticism will somehow make good NFL players is beyond absurd. I remember about 10 years ago when the Dolphins drafted Dion Jordan 3rd overall. Everyone I knew at the time was sure Lane Johnson was going to be the pick but it wasn't to be. I watched Jordan in college and saw that he couldn't play a f*cking lick! How was his game supposed to translate to the NFL? The answer was, it couldn't and it didn't.

northwinds

Mentor
Really impressed that the Broncos gave up to picks to move up and grab Riley Moss! Went to a Bronco fan forum to monitor the response…….mixed reviews. They want to name him the ‘crackerjack’……..some saying ‘no way a White guy is playing corner’…..others amazed that he was taken ahead of UGA’s Kelee Ringo. Amusing discussion to say the least…….

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Best available going into day 3.

Quarterback
QB Tanner McKee Stanford
QB Stetson Bennett Georgia
QB Max Duggan TCU
QB Tyson Bagent Shepherd
QB Clayton Tune Houston
QB Jake Haener Fresno St
QB Aidan O'Connell Purdue
QB Sean Clifford PSU
QB Tommy Devito Illinois
QB Tanner Morgan Minnesota
QB Tim Demorat Fordham
QB Holton Ahlers ECU

Runningback/Fullback
FB Hunter Luepke
RB Brad Roberts Air Force
FB Jack Colletto Oregon St

Wide Receiver
WR Charlie Jones Purdue
WR Jake Bobo UCLA
WR Chase Cota Oregon
WR David Duren West Florida
WR Taylor Grimes Incarnate Word
WR Ryan Miller Furman
WR Kade Warner Kansas St
WR Danny Kittner University of Mary
WR Garett Maag North Dakota
WR Thayer Thomas NC State
WR Cody Chrest Sam Houston State
WR Oliver Martin Nebraska

Tight End
TE Will Mallory Miami
TE Zack Kuntz Old Dominion
TE Davis Allen Clemson
TE Josh Whyle Cincinatti
TE Griffin Herbert La Tech
TE Luke Ford Illinois
TE Joel Wilson C. Michigan
TE Thomas Greaney Albany
TE Brady Russell Colorado
TE Ben Sims Baylor

Offensive Tackle
OT Ryan Hayes Michigan
OT Blake Freeland BYU
OT Alex Forsyth Oregon
OT Harris LaChance BYU
OT Alex Palczewski Illinois
OT Luke Haggard Indiana
OT Dalton Wagner Arkansas
OT Mason Brooks Ole Miss
OT Kilian Zierer Auburn
OT Connor Galvin Baylor
OT Jaxon Kirkland Washington
OT Joey Fisher Shepherd
OT Jake Witt Northern Michigan
OT Henry Byrd Princeton

Center
OC Jarrett Patterson Notre Dame
OC Luke Wypler Ohio St
OC Alex Forsyth Oregon
OC Alan Ali TCU

Guard
OG Andrew Vorhees USC
OG Nick Broeker Ole Miss
OG Jake Andrews Troy
OG Nick Saldiveri Old Dominion
OG Cooper Hodges App St
OG Trevor Downing Iowa St
OG Nash Jensen NDSU
OG Dylan Deatherage Western Michigan
OG Vincent Picozzi Northwestern
OG TJ Bass Oregon

Defensive Tackle
DT Scott Matlock Boise State
DT Jacob Slade Michigan St
DT Levi Bell Texas St

Defensive End/Edge
DE Derek Parish Houston
DE Spencer Waege NDSU
DE Brock Martin Oklahoma St
DE George Tarlas Boise St
DE John Waggoner Iowa
DE Zeke Vandenburgh Illinois State

Linebacker
LB Drake Thomas NC State
LB Kyle Soelle Arizona St
LB Garrett Nelson Nebraska
LB Thomas Rush Minnesota
LB Ben VanSumeren Michigan St
LB Dillon Doyle Baylor
LB Ryan Greenhagen Fordham
LB Caden McDonald San Diego St
LB Johnny Buchanan Delaware
LB Trevor Nowaske Saginaw Valley St
LB Bumper Pool Arkansas

Defensive Back
CB Ethan Bonner Stanford

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So 5 White athletes in the 1st and 8 in the 2nd. Pretty good 2nd so it’s likely the 3rd is going to be coal heavy. The selection of Hooker already leaves a sour taste.
So that went as I expected. Only 5 in round 3, but that includes a place kicker so it’s even worse.

NEP01

Guru
I haven't watched much of the draft, but what I have seen has a been cringe inducing clown show. The change from the modest, professional draft broadcasts of the Tagliabue era is stark, a good metaphor for the rapid descent of this country.

jphoss

Mentor
I haven't watched much of the draft, but what I have seen has a been cringe inducing clown show. The change from the modest, professional draft broadcasts of the Tagliabue era is stark, a good metaphor for the rapid descent of this country.
It’s gross but yes it shows the culture change from white to negro. It really is appalling and there can be nothing but contempt for the dwf that embrace it

LMFAO Genius idea!
Haha thanks! It should be a close one this year.

5 whites were taken in the first round: Skoronski, Van Ness, Campbell, Kincaid, Bresee.

So far we have Jalen Carter and Jalin Hyatt. Jaelyn Duncan and Jaylon Jones are very likely to be picked on day 3, but the whites are probably still favored to win. Even if a team reaches for Jaylin Williams near the end, it'll be a tie. I don't see any more on the Drafttek top 600.

Gator Dad

Guru
So that went as I expected. Only 5 in round 3, but that includes a place kicker so it’s even worse.
I'm the first to say that kickers, punters, and long snappers are real football players too, but there's a time and place to draft them, and the third round ain't it. There are so many better White choices they could have made with that pick.

woody39

Mentor
Rubbish draft for the Patriots so far. Had the chance to draft Drew Sanders and took keion white.....can see the merit of taking Gonzalez he looks pretty good but the other two eurgh. As for marty matu whoever he is typical bill over reach there

Good to see our tight ends all going inside the top three rounds so should all be solid starters and valued by their teams....looking for positives lol.

jphoss

Mentor
I'm the first to say that kickers, punters, and long snappers are real football players too, but there's a time and place to draft them, and the third round ain't it. There are so many better White choices they could have made with that pick.
Yeah poor strategic thinking there. Honestly it seems most of these front office guys are either dumb meatheads or nerdy dorks. Neither possess the high level executive functions to make strategic intelligent decisions, especially under pressure

jphoss

Mentor
Rubbish draft for the Patriots so far. Had the chance to draft Drew Sanders and took keion white.....can see the merit of taking Gonzalez he looks pretty good but the other two eurgh. As for marty matu whoever he is typical bill over reach there

Good to see our tight ends all going inside the top three rounds so should all be solid starters and valued by their teams....looking for positives lol.
He knows he can scoop up the better white players on the cheap as UDFA. What a genius!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Riley Moss to Denver
From CBSsports:

83. Broncos: Riley Moss, CB, Iowa​

Grade: A

Adore this player. Hyper-twitchy. Instinctive. Ball skills are awesome. Fast too. Super experienced. Overachiever. Some misses on film. Older prospect.

Snow Plow

Mentor
From CBSsports:

83. Broncos: Riley Moss, CB, Iowa​

Grade: A

Adore this player. Hyper-twitchy. Instinctive. Ball skills are awesome. Fast too. Super experienced. Overachiever. Some misses on film. Older prospect.
Was ranked 2,742 out of high school. Van Ness was ranked over 1,000. Without Iowa, these guys go to North Dakota State or Air Force, which isn’t bad, but we probably don’t see them drafted one day 1 or 2.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Currently an all black crew of four on NFL Network. Ah, the diversity! But I'd still watch them over the insufferable Rich Eisen.

ESPN currently with four White men out of five. Just 20% Black, only about double the percentage of Blacks in the U.S. population, clearly anti-Black systemic racism is rearing its ugly head.