2023 NFL Divisional Playoff Round

Rocky B

Master
Baker Mayfield, the only walk-on to win the Heisman. Like JJ Watt and how many others of our elite players were walk-ons in college. Of course all those scholarships had to go to the real athlete upsiders.
Reparations started a long time ago.

The Hock

Master
Baker Mayfield, the only walk-on to win the Heisman. Like JJ Watt and how many others of our elite players were walk-ons in college. Of course all those scholarships had to go to the real athlete upsiders.
Yup. That goes with so many of our players in the NFL being UFDa's. "Weird" huh?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lions have been playing 4 White players of DEFENSE. So WHY did they ONLY show 2 when the "Individual Starting line-up's in the 3 - 2 - 5 Defense?

What gives??
I was just gonna mention that, same thing last week against the Rams. It's a long-time practice we call "ceremonial starters," listing blacks as starters when they aren't, or they'll start a game and then give way to the real, White starter(s).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Both the Lions and the Bucs quarterbacks make for a great story. I'm happy whomever wins today. Maybe slightly lean towards
the Detroit Liions as it's been forever since they have been good.

Tonight it's DESTINY. The Bills WILL WIN! I feel very confident!

woody39

Mentor
Come on the Lions! Love Goff and La Porta but the quality whites on D make it a must win for them I think from a caste perspective! Jack Campbell another great linebacker for the future for many years to come.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
LaPorta is destroying the black LBs and DBs of the Bucs in this game. Great to see.

Riggins44

Master
LaPorta is having a game. Even though they said he isn't 100%, he has several catches.

One of the Lions WRs gets alligator arms on third down on a pass over the middle. Time to punt.

jphoss

Mentor
Lions last drive started off so promising with multiple catches by Laporta. Then they decide to throw on consecutive plays of bust williams and another black wr drops wide open 3rd down pass smh

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lions last drive started off so promising with multiple catches by Laporta. Then they decide to throw on consecutive plays of bust williams and another black wr drops wide open 3rd down pass smh
They can't throw only to LaPorta, and St. Brown, who dropped the pass, is one of the best WRs in the league. I've seen Kelce, Justin Watson and plenty of other Whites drop passes this year, including LaPorta last week if memory serves.

Snow Plow

Mentor
They can't throw only to LaPorta, and St. Brown, who dropped the pass, is one of the best WRs in the league. I've seen Kelce, Justin Watson and plenty of other Whites drop passes this year, including LaPorta last week if memory serves.
Yes, St Brown and Gibbs are both very good players, can’t deny that.

jphoss

Mentor
Agree but make them stop it first. Poor play calling killed that drive
On another note anyone else notice collinsworth say mayfields pass on that 3-5 was “too high” the pass was an inch or two above the guys head making it a very catchable ball

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Right Don. Kittle dropped an easy pass last night, but the purpose of mentioning all the dropped passes for me is to show that all blacks are not the best at WR, RB, etc, Speed doesn't account for everything. It seems the great black WR's drop more than their fair share of passes. I've seen several in this game already and I've seen Laporta catch every pass. Even across the middle. LaPorta has exceptional hands. I guess I'll stop pointing out the obvious. It is tiresome.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Right Don. Kittle dropped an easy pass last night, but the purpose of mentioning all the dropped passes for me is to show that all blacks are not the best at WR, RB, etc, Speed doesn't account for everything. It seems the great black WR's drop more than their fair share of passes. I've seen several in this game already and I've seen Laporta catch every pass. Even across the middle. LaPorta has exceptional hands. I guess I'll stop pointing out the obvious. It is tiresome.
Just like "ceremonial starter," "hands of stone" is another favorite expression here over the years. I agree Whites have better hands and also better hand-eye coordination on average, one of the reasons among many I started CF.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Just like "ceremonial starter," "hands of stone" is another favorite expression here over the years. I agree Whites have better hands and also better hand-eye coordination on average, one of the reasons among many I started CF.
Then Evans makes a pretty good catch, however not as difficult as the bullet coming across the middle.