2023 NFL Divisional Playoff Round

Kaptain

Master
They were outplayed and outcoached but they got away with one. We get at least another week of CMC and Kittle! The big play was the 4th and 1 QB sneak that they stuffed in the first half. Aaron Jones was running the ball well - I would have called a regular run. It seems in the playoffs teams have adjusted to the tush push and have been stopping it - even the eagles got stuffed.

Warhawk_46

Master
Well boys, they eked it out. Hopefully all the rust is now out of their system and they best the Bucs/Lions in the NFC championship next weekend.

icsept

Master
Shaky game from Purdy. But another home game next week vs Detroit or TB.. they’re in a great position to reach the SB

Hartline

Guru
Purdy game winning drive.

CMC almost 100 yards and 2 TDS

Kittle long TD

Very enjoyable game to watch

Warhawk_46

Master
Had me stressed out for a bit but getting through rusty game will be huge for the team.

If they can win next week and then the Super Bowl that will be huge for the legacy and HOF resumes of Kittle, McCaffrey and Juice.

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
No TV and I don't know how to stream. So I just google the games every few minutes. With the Niners down in the 4th quarter I gave up and left to watch a movie because I knew the Niners were done. They weren't going to win. It was all an illusion. So I spent several hours thinking they had lost and ruminating on the possibility of a Green Bay vs. Baltimore Superbowl.

Then I get home and see the Niners had pulled it out. I've done this before, bailed on a game and miss out on a comeback win.

But I'll take it and I'm happy.

backrow

Hall of Famer
I think CMC demonstrated why he is the MVP of both the team and the league. All that talk about how they have so many weapons etc and most good RBs would perform just as well and when the push came to shove he showed his worth.
I hope they go all the way and Christian gets SB MVP.

backrow

Hall of Famer
No TV and I don't know how to stream. So I just google the games every few minutes. With the Niners down in the 4th quarter I gave up and left to watch a movie because I knew the Niners were done. They weren't going to win. It was all an illusion. So I spent several hours thinking they had lost and ruminating on the possibility of a Green Bay vs. Baltimore Superbowl.

Then I get home and see the Niners had pulled it out. I've done this before, bailed on a game and miss out on a comeback win.

But I'll take it and I'm happy.

Do yoy have an ad block on your browser? If so, I can pm you with some links.

Gator Dad

Guru
Rough and sometimes ugly win for the Niners. McCaffrey and Kittle were the crucial factors in leading the team to victory. Purdy had his issues, but the fact that he was able to pull off a come-from-behind win in a tremendously high-pressure situation should give him a much-needed confidence boost for next week's game. He's already achieved great things for a Mr. Irrelevant.

The 49ers defensive backs were garbage. Just like the Cowboys, they left Packers receivers wide open again and again. If the Niners had lost they would have deserved the lion's share of the blame.

Gator Dad

Guru
Big victory for us guys.
Bills over KC matter just as much.

I’m rooting for Detroit over TB.
But there’s minimal heartbreak if that doesn’t happen.
Other than the Bills, the pickings in the AFC playoffs have been so slim this year that it should be called the African Football Conference.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The 49ers defensive backs were garbage. Just like the Cowboys, they left Packers receivers wide open again and again. If the Niners had lost they would have deserved the lion's share of the blame.
So are the Lions', perhaps the worst d-backfield of any of the playoff teams. Detroit's front 7 is going to have to be very good, to beat the Bucs or the 49ers, or the AFC team if they advance to the Big One.

jphoss

Mentor
A lot of talk about how terrible the sb’s are, and another example of that is on the last td run by CMC anyone else notice the attempted “tackle” by the packers safety? He just halfheartedly threw a shoulder into him which CMC bounced off and scored. I mean this is the game winning td and he couldn’t even try and wrap him up! What an awful football play by that upsider

Kaptain

Master
You know San Fran will likely lose in this playoffs to the Tom Iron rule. Greenlaw's attempt to get a pick six instead of staying on the ground, uneccessary personal fouls, and trash talking like behavior may well eventually do them in. We've seen it happen time and time again and it almost happened last night. I remember some of my favorite QBs being robbed of seasons because of the TI rule. Doug Flutie being robbed of a SB because Andre Reed shoved a ref who rightly called that he was inches short of a TD sticks in my mind. Every 49er game I fear this happening - it's like I can almost destined to happen.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
So are the Lions', perhaps the worst d-backfield of any of the playoff teams. Detroit's front 7 is going to have to be very good, to beat the Bucs or the 49ers, or the AFC team if they advance to the Big One.

I dislike their dirty safety Kirby Joseph who has gone at the knees of two very good White TEs in the past month. The secondary certainly stinks for Detroit. I don't think their DC Aaron Glenn is very good either but has been getting Rooney Rule treatment on the coaching vacancy circuit.

Glad to see the 49ers win though. I didn't catch the game but have been reading about it and apparently Purdy stated his accuracy issues were due to the glove and the rainy conditions. 49ers coming from behind was necessary as they have typically dominated teams in victories.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
A lot of talk about how terrible the sb’s are, and another example of that is on the last td run by CMC anyone else notice the attempted “tackle” by the packers safety? He just halfheartedly threw a shoulder into him which CMC bounced off and scored. I mean this is the game winning td and he couldn’t even try and wrap him up! What an awful football play by that upsider
I sure did jphoss. It happens every week and all the time. The lack of basic fundamentals of tackling, blocking and pass catching is awful. It apparently isn't going to get any better as coaches ignore it instead of either disciplining players or finding ones that can and know how to tackle/block, etc.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Glad to see the 49ers win though. I didn't catch the game but have been reading about it and apparently Purdy stated his accuracy issues were due to the glove and the rainy conditions. 49ers coming from behind was necessary as they have typically dominated teams in victories.
Right and one of the major criticisms the so-called pundits have against Purdy is his ability to come from behind and win. Hopefully, last night's game will silence his critics. However, unlike his black QB contemporaries, Purdy will have to win The Super Bowl to be considered elite.

Right and one of the major criticisms the so-called pundits have against Purdy is his ability to come from behind and win. Hopefully, last night's game will silence his critics. However, unlike his black QB contemporaries, Purdy will have to win The Super Bowl to be considered elite.
I admittedly had no faith in Purdy and even called for Darnold in this thread. It's been a fair criticism to this point but glad to see him prove me wrong and hopefully it's a turning point in his career. You're right though, anything short of a Super Bowl win will be blamed squarely on him.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Mike Evans continues to do his best to completely throw the game in Tampa's opponents' favor - clank off his hands goes for an interception to Detroit. Dropped a sure touchdown against Philadelphia last week as well.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Evans continues to do his best to completely throw the game in Tampa's opponents' favor - clank off his hands goes for an interception to Detroit. Dropped a sure touchdown against Philadelphia last week as well.
Dropped INT by the Bucs LB as well.
Collinsworth slobbering over the fastest RB in the NFL. Lions RB Gibbs. Moments later showing his stats last week 12 carries 25 yards. Impressive.

TwentyTwo

Master
Lions have been playing 4 White players of DEFENSE. So WHY did they ONLY show 2 when the "Individual Starting line-up's in the 3 - 2 - 5 Defense?

What gives??

Riggins44

Master
Baker Mayfield, the only walk-on to win the Heisman. Like JJ Watt and how many others of our elite players were walk-ons in college. Of course all those scholarships had to go to the real athlete upsiders.