2023 NFL Conference Championship Games

Rocky B

Master
Proud of the Lions season....
But hoping for a SF victory.
Hopefully CMC is ok after being dumped on his head.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
One of the ESPN black talking heads ranked Purdy as the 16th best QB. LOL. The Purdy hate is real.

It's pretty much every black talking head. And everyone thought I was bad with my fight against the black quarterbacks! LOL

NikoDuke

Mentor
I'm happy 49ers won. But have trepidation regarding their D being able to stop KC and specifically Kelce..

And the Lions have something to build on on both sides of the ball.

The onside kick slips through Reynolds' fingers to end the game. Dude single handedly lost this one for the Lions. Glad the 9ers won and glad it wasn't on Goff.

The 9ers defense really needs to tighten up though. If they play like the midseason version, Chiefs should be fairly easy work. If they play like they have recently it's going to be really tough.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Shockingly, two White friendly teams make the Super Bowl.
The two relatively Whitest teams in the NFC met for the conference championship, and I'd say the Chiefs are the third relatively white friendliest team in the AFC after the Bengals and Broncos. Of course as always every team is black dominated so the word relatively is an important qualifier but it does seem to hold true most seasons that the "whitest" teams are often the most successful and the blackest ones often are bottom feeders.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
It should be one of the most watchable SBs in who knows how long. i do feel bad for the Lions, some horrible drops by the receivers, plus two very questionable 4th down decisions by Campbell, the first of which completely turned the momentum. The game went from potentially 27-10 to 24-all in a couple of minutes.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Tbh this is the first game I’ve watched mostly of the way through all season. Aside from the annoying commentary and awful commercials it was entertaining. Hopefully the relative successes of white athletes on both teams will help break the caste stranglehold.

Watching strahan do interviews is a bridge too far for me though. Hahah I’m out!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great to see Joe Montana (my personal opinion the best QB of all time) up there along with Purdy, Kittle and CMC.

Kaptain

Master
Great showing all around by our guys. Especially Goff and Purdy. 2 years ago a White WR was SB MVP and was in the running for NFL MVP but won OPOY. Now we have CMC OPOY and possible SB MVP.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I've seen Mike Greenberg, Ryan Clark and Jemele Hill call Mahomes the greatest QB ever due to his supposed magical playoff run this year. Totally negating Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Drew Brees, John Elway etc. A fine example of an attempt to flush White athletes down the memory hole. The whole notion is absurd.
So a jew and two blacks are hyping a mulatto over White men? Why am I not surprised. However, we shouldn’t care about their opinions.

Warhawk_46

Master
Anyone hear any news about McCaffrey’s head? Assuming he is ok and all is well? I know he has two weeks before the Super Bowl but I am also always thinking about his career legacy. He likely needs 2-3 more 1,000 yard seasons to make the HOF.

I've seen Mike Greenberg, Ryan Clark and Jemele Hill call Mahomes the greatest QB ever due to his supposed magical playoff run this year. Totally negating Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Drew Brees, John Elway etc. A fine example of an attempt to flush White athletes down the memory hole. The whole notion is absurd.
The "GOAT" debate ended for Mahomes when a 41-year-old Tom Brady beat him in the AFC Championship followed by a 43-year-old Brady beating him in the Super Bowl. Even if Mahomes somehow matches Brady's 7 rings there's no real argument for him over Tom. This might turn into the NFL's version of the Jordan vs Lebron debate, but we actually have 2 head-to-head playoff wins for Brady so it's a settled cased as far as I'm concerned.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Dan Campbell proved to the world that you can build a white friendly team and almost get to the Super Bowl. He also proved to be incapable of making logical decisions in crunch time. What can you do?

We have a bunch of white starters and contributors in 2 weeks , so let’s hope that the Niners can win with a limited number of perp shots.

jacque

Guru
I honestly wanted the Lions over the 9ers. But, I think the 9ers match up against the chiefs better, and are more likely to beat them.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The "GOAT" debate ended for Mahomes when a 41-year-old Tom Brady beat him in the AFC Championship followed by a 43-year-old Brady beating him in the Super Bowl. Even if Mahomes somehow matches Brady's 7 rings there's no real argument for him over Tom. This might turn into the NFL's version of the Jordan vs Lebron debate, but we actually have 2 head-to-head playoff wins for Brady so it's a settled cased as far as I'm concerned.
So a jew and two blacks are hyping a mulatto over White men? Why am I not surprised. However, we shouldn’t care about their opinions.

Both of you are correct. It's just the predictable anti-White script that was going to be pushed anyways. No use getting too upset over it.

NEP01

Guru
Disappointed but not surprised by Campbell's bad game management. The 2 point attempt from the 7 yard line in the Dallas game proved Campbell is excessively committed to aggression.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Disappointed but not surprised by Campbell's bad game management. The 2 point attempt from the 7 yard line in the Dallas game proved Campbell is excessively committed to aggression.
Yes, that was the epitome of awful decisions. It’s tough because he plays a lot of white players, but makes terrible in-game decisions.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Reynolds with a 2nd crucial drop.
It's a mystery(pun intended) on why Reynolds is on the active roster. Unless he is core special teamer then this should be his last game as a Lion.

As others stated Campbell while maybe not giving away the game allowed for momentum to be built up on the first 4th down attempt and the second IMO was to stave off the inevitable 49er last second field goal win.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This game really was a best case scenario imo. Both QBs played well, leading their teams to over 30 points each. LaPorta was the Lions’ leading receiver. The top 3 tacklers for the Lions were White men (Anzalone, Campbell and Rodriguez). A White athlete (Rodriguez) had the games only interception. The 49ers top two rushers were White, with McCaffrey finishing with 132 total yards and 2 TDs. Bosa provided all the pressure for SF with 2 sacks and 4 QB hits.

Pretty great showing, especially for casual fans who only watch deep into the playoffs.

Regarding the Lions, I think they should be good for years to come. Goff still in his prime. Solid O-line. Good RBs. A top receiver and an elite TE. The White defenders all young still. If they have another good draft, they could be even better. They need to upgrade WR 2-5. Maybe McConkey or Pearsall would be excellent fits…

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This game really was a best case scenario imo. Both QBs played well, leading their teams to over 30 points each. LaPorta was the Lions’ leading receiver. The top 3 tacklers for the Lions were White men (Anzalone, Campbell and Rodriguez). A White athlete (Rodriguez) had the games only interception. The 49ers top two rushers were White, with McCaffrey finishing with 132 total yards and 2 TDs. Bosa provided all the pressure for SF with 2 sacks and 4 QB hits.

Pretty great showing, especially for casual fans who only watch deep into the playoffs.

Regarding the Lions, I think they should be good for years to come. Goff still in his prime. Solid O-line. Good RBs. A top receiver and an elite TE. The White defenders all young still. If they have another good draft, they could be even better. They need to upgrade WR 2-5. Maybe McConkey or Pearsall would be excellent fits…

Hard to believe Goff is only 29. He seems to have been in the league a long time. The main concern is how they replace their OC Ben Johnson who is heavily rumored to be in the running as the next head coach of the Redskins. Hopefully someone makes a Rooney Rule hire of Aaron Glenn as I haven't been too impressed with him as a defensive coordinator. The Lions gave up the 4th most passing yards in the league, 6th most passing TDs so their secondary stinks. Conversely their rush defense was second in the league with in total rush yards allowed.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m seeing some good tweets from Richard Sherman and especially this one from RGIII (right??):

He calls out the asinine term sneaky athletic.

Attachments

• IMG_7292.jpeg
    IMG_7292.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 26

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hard to believe Goff is only 29. He seems to have been in the league a long time. The main concern is how they replace their OC Ben Johnson who is heavily rumored to be in the running as the next head coach of the Redskins. Hopefully someone makes a Rooney Rule hire of Aaron Glenn as I haven't been too impressed with him as a defensive coordinator. The Lions gave up the 4th most passing yards in the league, 6th most passing TDs so their secondary stinks. Conversely their rush defense was second in the league with in total rush yards allowed.
Good point! I should have mentioned their secondary needs a big upgrade too.

Again, if they have a good off-season / draft, they could have a championship roster as the bones are there.