2023 MLB Playoffs

white lightning

Hall of Famer
TBS has an all Hispanic crew in their pregame to celebrate Hispanic heritage month. Whatever. The Phillies are a White dominated team, and I don’t mind the “Hispanics” talking about them.

I read a short article about Bryce Harper wanting to play for the US on an Olympic Team if it's allowed. That would be cool.

I like alot of players on both teams but I'm rooting for the Phillies. I feel it's their time to shine!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Of course good old crappy Geico with the interacial couple in the first commerical. They keep pushing this crap. Whites need to
wake up and separate for the most part as they want us either gone or to interbreed and destroy us that way.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Of course good old crappy Geico with the interacial couple in the first commerical. They keep pushing this crap. Whites need to
wake up and separate for the most part as they want us either gone or to interbreed and destroy us that way.
Back to Back Homers for Our Guys. Let's go Phillies. Bryce Harper is just incredible. :thumbup:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There's not much for us to root for on the D'backs.

Phillies all the way

The MLB Rookie of the Year Corbin Carroll for one. Christian Walker, Evan Longoria. They have some other really good players but it's no question that the Phillies are who WE WANT HERE on this message board!

Kyle Schwarber is a monster with 47 homers this season 2nd only to Matt Olson. Trea Turner and the list goes on and on.

Last edited:

jphoss

Mentor
I see the three teams with the best regular season record in the NL have been eliminated, as have the two teams with the best record in the AL. I'm sure many will disagree, but this is just one more reason why I don't follow baseball anymore. What's the point of the 162 game regular season when teams in the middle of the pack can still win the World Series? All four major sports leagues have diluted themselves by allowing so many teams in the playoffs, but at least baseball held off the longest.

I know it's not gonna change but that doesn't mean I have to follow it when it comes to baseball. I came to love baseball as a youngster and while I go along with the mass playoffs in hockey and football, I'll never go for it in baseball. Besides I lost interest in baseball for other reasons besides the continual expansion of the number of playoff teams.
I agree what’s the point of the regular season anymore? Especially in baseball where anything can happen in a 5-7 game series. If they are going to continue to have this many teams in why not have the wild car teams start down 0-1 in the series. It many seem ridiculous at first but there needs to be more of a reward for being the best team over a 162 game season. Of course I am not complaining too much this year as the Phillies have taken full advantage of it

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Harper, Realmuto, and Schwarber hit HR's as Philadelphia beats Arizona 6-1 to go up 3 games to 2.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Wheeler also had 8ks. This Phillies squad is going to win it all.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Phillies lose game 6 as Harper, Turner, and Schwarber go for a combined 0-9. Going to have to pick it up in game 7.
Rangers up early on Houston 3-0 in game 7. Seager with the early HR and Garver an RBI.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Phillies lose game 6 as Harper, Turner, and Schwarber go for a combined 0-9. Going to have to pick it up in game 7.
Rangers up early on Houston 3-0 in game 7. Seager with the early HR and Garver an RBI.
I'm rooting for the Phillies but you have to give AZ alot of credit for fighting back to force a Game 7!

Hope the Phillies Bats come back to life as it's win or the season is over now!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I have zero interest in a Houston/Arizona WS.

Arizona is just too dark for me.

If Phillies lose tomorrow, i'm done watching.

Maybe Houston with Bregman, Tucker and McCormick, and Verlander,
Anyway, Rangers way up 8-2. 5th inning.
Seager now 3-3, Hr D, 2 runs scored
Sensational rookie Evan Carter, a double 2 RBI and 2 runs scored.
Rookie 3b Jung playing well also.
Go Rangers/Phillies.

MLB execs can't be happy with this. Two smaller market teams, no real star power on either side. One of the least interesting WS matchups in recent memory.

Rangers are probably league average in terms of whiteness so they're the side to root for, but without the Phillies or Astros (to root against) I kind of stopped caring. Most of America is probably in the same boat.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It’s likely due to dopey Sabermetrics. Schwarber is a walk machine, so high OBP. He’s also slow and hits too many solo homers. As you gents have said, a stupid “modern” decision with an obvious lead off hitter like Turner batting elsewhere.