2023 MLB Playoffs

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We had the American League and National League Wild Card Games today.

AZ Dbacks won 6-3 and Corbin Carrol had a homerun, 2 hits overall, 2 walks and 2 rbi's. Good to see AZ finally back in the playoffs.

The Texas Rangers won easily in a 4-0 Shutout over Tampa Bay.

Minn. Twins beat the Toronto Bluejays by a score of 3-1.

FInally Phil. beat Mia by the score of 4-1.

Does anyone here have any predictions for the World Series? It's very early in the playoffs but we have some good teams to root for!

jphoss

Mentor
I’m hoping the Phillies can finish what they started last year and win it all!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
We had the American League and National League Wild Card Games today.

AZ Dbacks won 6-3 and Corbin Carrol had a homerun, 2 hits overall, 2 walks and 2 rbi's. Good to see AZ finally back in the playoffs.

The Texas Rangers won easily in a 4-0 Shutout over Tampa Bay.

Minn. Twins beat the Toronto Bluejays by a score of 3-1.

FInally Phil. beat Mia by the score of 4-1.

Does anyone here have any predictions for the World Series? It's very early in the playoffs but we have some good teams to root for!
Mostly happy with those results.

From a demographics perspective, the Phillies are clearly better than the Marlins and an easy rooting choice. The Phillies only started 7, though most nights it’s 8 with Marsh. They also had Wheeler starting. The Marlins only started 3 Whites and no SP.

The Brewers started 5, or 6 Whites if you count Yelich, plus the SP. The Diamondbacks only started 4, and that’s counting Carroll (part Asian) and Thomas (part mestizo?). They also had a White SP. I do like Arizona a bit more than I should as Carroll and Christian Walker are the clear stars.

Minnesota only started 4 Whites. Toronto started 7 plus the SP. I guess that game didn’t go as I’d have hoped.

The Rangers are the clear choice over the most anti-White team, Tampa Bay. The Rangers started 6 Whites plus the SP. The Rays only 2 plus the SP. Maybe that is one reason their attendance was so low. Why would White people want to support Team Latino?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
First round ends with 2-0 sweeps for the Phillies, Diamondbacks, Rangers and Twins.

Now the Phillies have the tough task of knocking out the top seeded Braves again. Rangers v Orioles should be compelling as well. The Dodgers, while not what they were a few years ago, are still a decent square to watch. Should be good baseball.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Brewers bats silent in the Playoffs, yet again.

I like Phillies squad but hate their retarded fans.

jphoss

Mentor
LOL being from Philly I can see what you mean but very happy I can root for this Phillies team. The whites throughout this lineup and pitching are easy to root and have resisted the attempt to be more negro in their mannerisms and behavior. Maybe because most of this team is white there is a white clubhouse culture so it’s easy for these guys to not try and modify their behavior to seem “cool” or “hip”. The Braves are a great team but I think the Phillies take them down for a second year in a row

white lightning

Hall of Famer

It's a shame about the Brewers as we already know the Bucks and Packers are becoming just about unwatchable. On the flip side I'm happy
for Arizona as they have struggled for quite a while. For those that haven't seen him play, Corbin Carroll is worth a watch! They also have some other guys to root for on the Dbacks.

PhillyBirds

Mentor

Aw, man :(

But seriously, as mentioned above, this Phillies team has all the right vibes and cameraderie between players that goes a long way in the playoffs. The fact that the clubhouse is mostly ethnically homogeneous is the reason for this, though obviously that can't be spoken aloud.

As jphoss said, it's just a relief to be able to root for a Philadelphia sports team without guilt. I doubt it was by design, as Dombrowski was the architect of some dismal Detroit teams. Even if they ended up with this many white players by pure statistical variance, I'll take it.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Texas takes game one over the young Baltimore Orioles. Rookie Josh Jung hits a HR and the other rookie Evan Carter goes 1-2 and an RBI.

Bryce Harper goes deep as the Phillies lead the Braves 2-0 though 8 innings.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Texas takes game one over the young Baltimore Orioles. Rookie Josh Jung hits a HR and the other rookie Evan Carter goes 1-2 and an RBI.

Bryce Harper goes deep as the Phillies lead the Braves 2-0 though 8 innings.

Yes I think the Phillies winning the World Series would be the best case scenario. If we can't have Mike Trout in the playoffs then having
Bryce Harper is almost as good. The Phillies are as white as can be and probably the best team to root for.

I'm rooting hard for AZ too as they have some exciting young players. What other teams should we root for guys?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Texas up in game 2, 10-5. 6th inning. Rangers catcher Mitch Garver a HR and 5 RBI. MVP candidate Corey Seager has been walked 4 times, but has scored 2 runs.
Baltimore's 3B young star Gunnar Henderson is 2-3 and a HR. He's going to be very good!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Braves take game 2 over the Phillies as 3B Austin Riley was the hero with an 8th inning HR.

JT Realmuto did his part for the Phillies going 2-5, a HR and 2 RBI.
Series tied 1-1

Diamondbacks take game 2 from the Dodgers. Diamonds back 2 games to 0

Rangers lead Orioles 3-0, 2nd inning. Corey Seager with the HR. Rangers lead series 2 games to 0

Houston beats Minnesota 9-1 today as Alex Bregman homered and had 2 RBI. Houston leads 2 games to 1

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Bryce Harper has homered twice and has 5 RBI. Nick Castellanos has also homered twice as the Phillies are up 10-2 on the Braves in the top of the 9th.

jphoss

Mentor
Orlando Arcia was apparently talking trash about harper after game 2 so please keep talking orlando! Tied postseason record with 6 home runs! Nola pitched great too with 9 k’s. Great to see our guys playing well in the playoffs. Now if some team can take out the astros, it isn’t looking great for the twins right now

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bryce Harper has homered twice and has 5 RBI. Nick Castellanos has also homered twice as the Phillies are up 10-2 on the Braves in the top of the 9th.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well it's gonna be exciting. We have the Battle of Texas between the Rangers and the Astros in the American League Championship Series.

Then out west it's one of our favorite teams the Philadelphia Phillies against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

My prediciton is the Rangers and Phillies both advance to the World Series!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I see the three teams with the best regular season record in the NL have been eliminated, as have the two teams with the best record in the AL. I'm sure many will disagree, but this is just one more reason why I don't follow baseball anymore. What's the point of the 162 game regular season when teams in the middle of the pack can still win the World Series? All four major sports leagues have diluted themselves by allowing so many teams in the playoffs, but at least baseball held off the longest.

I know it's not gonna change but that doesn't mean I have to follow it when it comes to baseball. I came to love baseball as a youngster and while I go along with the mass playoffs in hockey and football, I'll never go for it in baseball. Besides I lost interest in baseball for other reasons besides the continual expansion of the number of playoff teams.

icsept

Master
TBS has an all Hispanic crew in their pregame to celebrate Hispanic heritage month. Whatever. The Phillies are a White dominated team, and I don’t mind the “Hispanics” talking about them.