2023 Fresno State Bulldogs

Since 2005, the Bulldogs have started 7, 9, 7, 8, 10, 12, 12, 6, 7, 5, 7, 7, 4, 3, 2, 5, 2 and 2.

A jump to four this year. A starting WR and safety make the box score worth checking.

Back up DE Charles Remlinger is a two sport athlete as a thrower on the track team. His brother Augustus has been mentioned on our track forum as a he ran 10.3 as a high schooler. He joins the team this year as a walk on DB.

Offense -
QB - Mikey Keene
WR - Mac Dalena
C - Jacob Spomer

Defense -
FS - Steven Comstock

Notable back ups include QB Logan Fife, TR Jake Boust, OT Hayden Pullis, DE Charles Remlinger, DT Dupre Mendoza, LB Tyler Mello, and SS Camryn Bacha.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I guess this team represents California demographics now..

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I guess this team represents California demographics now..
But does it? California has become less White due to massive amounts of “Hispanic” (mestizo) and East Asian immigration. I haven’t checked the other starters for Fresno but I’d assume it’s just more pandering to blacks, maybe with a sprinkling of Samoans? Fresno goes out of their way to find blacks and could do the same for Whites, as they are still a larger demographics group than the former in California.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
But does it? California has become less White due to massive amounts of “Hispanic” (mestizo) and East Asian immigration. I haven’t checked the other starters for Fresno but I’d assume it’s just more pandering to blacks, maybe with a sprinkling of Samoans? Fresno goes out of their way to find blacks and could do the same for Whites, as they are still a larger demographics group than the former in California.
You’re right it’s black and poly dominated. I think just the sheer numbers of people in CA we underestimate the number of black players in the state. Yeah they’re being replaced but Asians and Mexicans usually aren’t very good at football or don’t even participate.

For a Northern California city I’d expect more honkeys at Fresno State. Compared to Cal Berkeley another NorCal team , who usually overachieves when it comes to Whites on their roster. I believe @Don Wassall Said the university is only 30 percent White and usually about 50 for their team. A rarity.

Sorry if my response sounds jumbled, I’ll edit it when I get a chance.