2023-'24 NBA Season

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I like this quote after the game from the Mavs coach: Mavericks coach Jason Kidd, when asked if his game plan changed because Doncic was so hot, said with a laugh, "He is the game plan."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
To be only the third player ever to score that many points in a game is an awesome achievement. I'm surprised his teammates "allowed" him to take so many shots even though he was red hot from everywhere.

I vaguely remember Kevin McHale scoring a bunch of points in a game, thought it was in the neighborhood of 70 but just checked now and it was 56 in a game in 1985. I watched the Celtics a lot in the Larry Bird/"South Africa's Team" era.

El Gringo

Mentor
To be only the third player ever to score that many points in a game is an awesome achievement. I'm surprised his teammates "allowed" him to take so many shots even though he was redhot from everywhere.
I vaguely remember Kevin McHale scoring a bunch of points in a game, thought it was in the neighborhood of 70 but just checked now and it was 56 in a game in 1985. I watched the Celtics a lot in the Larry Bird/"South Africa's Team" era.
If I remember right it pissed Bird off and he scored 60+ the next game.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was a Celtics Fan and a Suns Fan in the mid to late 80's. The Celtics had Bird, McHale, Ainge, Walton and some other guys. The Suns
had Chambers, Majerle, Hornacek, etc. I watched both games on tv of Tom Chambers(My favorite player other than Bird), and
Chambers had a 56 point and a 60 point game in the same season. He ended up averaging 27.2 points back then. Wow and they used
to play defense in those days. Yes indeed what Doncic did was special and he just may challenge Kobe Bryants 80 point game for 2nd
on the list before his career is over.

Rocky B

Master
I watched Luka last night. Off night for him.....triple double with 28 points.
(Off night with a triple double?) Sounds crazy.

What I scratched my head about is watching Keegan Murray start for Sac while Luka Garza plays in the G league ....For those of you who didn’t watch Iowa hoops a few years ago, Garza was player of the year in the entire NCAA (Weiskamp was a good slasher/scorer) but Murray and his twin brother were bench pieces. They weren’t true freshman bench pieces either. Dallas has so many new faces on their team, some pretty good (Lively, for example). But there’s no way Garza, Weiskamp and McClung couldn’t be rotational guys for the Mavs.......No way

El Gringo

Mentor

What I scratched my head about is watching Keegan Murray start for Sac while Luka Garza plays in the G league ....For those of you who didn’t watch Iowa hoops a few years ago, Garza was player of the year in the entire NCAA (Weiskamp was a good slasher/scorer) but Murray and his twin brother were bench pieces. They weren’t true freshman bench pieces either. Dallas has so many new faces on their team, some pretty good (Lively, for example). But there’s no way Garza, Weiskamp and McClung couldn’t be rotational guys for the Mavs.......No way
Your very right about those white players and when they get significant minutes they excel.
I wonder what Murray thinks about a guy like Garza, who I’m sure he looked up to in college wallowing in the g-league? I’ve heard him interviewed a couple times and he seems like a intelligent guy. It would be interesting to get here his opinion.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Your very right about those white players and when they get significant minutes they excel.
I wonder what Murray thinks about a guy like Garza, who I’m sure he looked up to in college wallowing in the g-league? I’ve heard him interviewed a couple times and he seems like a intelligent guy. It would be interesting to get here his opinion.
He’s thinking damn I’m glad my pops is black.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So cool that Doncic was able to get 73!

Honestly it’s not out of question for him to get 100 in this era of 3 pointers and defense optional opponents. Seems for the season 16 3s attempted is his high. Imagine a game where he takes 20 and makes 12 or 13. Then throw in another 15-18 free throws and you are halfway there. It would still take a lot of field goal attempts so maybe an OT or double OT game would be required. Of course this would be highly unlikely, but with Luka it’s not out of question.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was shocked to see Gradey Dick finally get off the bench for a little while. He came off the bench for 15 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
and 1 steal. The guy has starter talent and even though he is a rookie they just haven't wanted to play him. For the number 13 pick of the
first round of the draft it makes no sense. Maybe they will finally play the kid more in the 2nd half of the season. I sure hope so!

Warhawk_46

Master

Yeah this is what sickens me… you have clearly inferior players and athletes but they are black so they make the team and play rotational minutes.

Dominant, skilled and talented white players like McClung and Garza rot away in the G League. It HAS to bother them to no end.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yeah this is what sickens me… you have clearly inferior players and athletes but they are black so they make the team and play rotational minutes.

Dominant, skilled and talented white players like McClung and Garza rot away in the G League. It HAS to bother them to no end.
Don't forget Joe Wieskamp. Ths list is endless. Jimmer Fredette was yet another big name screwed for being a white Steph Curry.
The league is not looking for our guys to do what their chosen guys do. I think they look the other way with some europeans as
a way to continue to grow they game and make more money overseas.

Warhawk_46

Master
Doncic with another monster game of 45 points, 15 assists and 9 rebound. His January is historic!

NikoDuke

Mentor
Was recently reminded of a Greek player, named Vasilis Spanoulis ( he was Doncic's idol) who is now retired.
Spanoulis is one the all time best players in European basketball and was one of the early examples of discrimination that made me aware of the caste system. ( There were many)

He signed with the Rockets after having success in Europe but, was immediately benched and never given a chance by Caste stooge Van Gundy. It was to be Spanoulis' racial apprenticeship but, Spanoulis took issue with it and went back to Europe where he went on to an illustrious career.

Many of these earlier European players, pre 2010 would've had success in the NBa if they were given a fair opportunity..

Warhawk_46

Master
Was recently reminded of a Greek player, named Vasilis Spanoulis ( he was Doncic's idol) who is now retired.
Spanoulis is one the all time best players in European basketball and was one of the early examples of discrimination that made me aware of the caste system. ( There were many)

He signed with the Rockets after having success in Europe but, was immediately benched and never given a chance by Caste stooge Van Gundy. It was to be Spanoulis' racial apprenticeship but, Spanoulis took issue with it and went back to Europe where he went on to an illustrious career.

Many of these earlier European players, pre 2010 would've had success in the NBa if they were given a fair opportunity..
No doubt about it, countless whites have been shunned because of this.

While white Europeans are making some headway in the league, white Americans are still largely ignored (McClung, Fredette, Garza, etc.). I’m hoping as guys like Chet Holmgren find success it can maybe open the door to more.

One American player that should have been a star - had the style and ability - was Sam Dekker. He never got a fair shake.

jacque

Guru
Joel Embiid tore his meniscus today. Almost guarantees a white mvp this year. Luka or Jokic

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Joel Embiid tore his meniscus today. Almost guarantees a white mvp this year. Luka or Jokic

It's Luka's Time but even if he wins it the media will say he only won because Embiid got hurt. You know that will happen!

Warhawk_46

Master
As long as the Mavericks remain in the playoffs, this could be Luka’s year.

Unfortunately the Mavericks are a bad team and Luka is just that good that he keeps them in the playoff race.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Austin Reeves led the Lakers to win over the Celtics in Boston with 32 points.
Lebron and Anthony Davis did not play.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Austin Reeves led the Lakers to win over the Celtics in Boston with 32 points.
Lebron and Anthony Davis did not play.

Austin Reeves has been amazing. If he didn't play with those two he could easily be the leading scorer every night. He is still usually the
3rd leading scorer and it's only because he doesn't get as many shots. The guy can beat you inside or outside!

I want to comment on Utah Jazz Center Walker Kessler. He is 3rd in the NBA in Shot Blocks but he went from a starter last year to barely
playing 15 to 20 minutes a night this year. It's very unfair as the guys has double, double potential every night as a starter. Tonight he
had 4 blocks in 12 minutes. Why the Jazz are keeping his minutes limited makes no sense to me. He could be even better with 30 to 35 minutes a night.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Chet Holmgren is still in the lead for ROY but, the French African Wemby had an improved January and has tightened the race. The talking heads are already using similar language as they did last year in support of Embid against Joker. Chet will need to stay ahead in the stats to take it away..

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I forgot to mention that Donte Divencenzo scored 33 points the other night. So happy to see him finally starting for a team that supports
him. The Knicks are doing good this year.

The Mavs lost tonight to the Bucks but our guys played great. Luka Doncic had 40 points, 11 assists and 9 rebounds. Maxi Kleber got
a rare start and responded with 21 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals.