2018 World Cup

ENDSIEG

Guru
There's only one sub-Saharan team left in the World Cup (unless you count France)...

Commiserations to the Vikings of Iceland, that second-half against Nigeria was their undoing.

They should be proud of their efforts, they never give up.

A shame we won't see their fans and their thunderclap chant again in this tournament...

I'm sad too like everyone else,but its really tough to argue that Iceland was better than either of Argentina or Croatia.This group was always going to have bad news in it.

Let's take solace in the fact that the two teams progressing from the group are incredibly white too.Croatia's stunning form is a real bonus!

Here are the match highlights:
https://streamja.com/3zm7
Argentina - Nigeria (2-1)https://streamja.com/3zm7

Messi (15')

Moses (52')

Rojo (86')

Croatia - Iceland (2-1)

Iceland 0 - 1 Croatia - Milan Badelj (53')

Iceland 1 - 1 Croatia - Gylfi Sigurdsson (76' pen.)

Iceland 1 - 2 Croatia - Ivan Perisic (90')

Another great bit of news is that Kaka has finally said something which desperately needs to be said:

Kaka: Philippe Coutinho, not Neymar, is Brazil’s most decisive player at the World Cup

Its ridiculous how Neymar is still widely considered to be the third best player in the world after Messi,Ronaldo,despite having not having played a major role in any trophy win.He's really good and even World Class too,but at 26 he should have been leading his team to European finals like Messi and Ronaldo were.

In regards to The Philospher's (good to see you posting!)

Great to see you all my friends!Now let's all grab the popcorn and wait for Rebajlo's verbal demolition of Australia and Poland:icon_popcorn:

I'll definitely be rooting for Argentina over "La France Noire."

ENDSIEG

Guru
I want Sweden to destroy the beaners! I bet the Americans will be cheering on Sweden?!:D

Matra2

Master
That should've been a penalty! It was a blatant handball!!!

Disagree. He was trying to avoid the handball and there was no danger.

Forsberg is having a terrible World Cup. He can't hit any ball cleanly or near the target. (Of course, now that I've said that he'll end up the scoring the next goal:rolleyes:)

Matra2

Master
Every time I put the Germany-Korea match on it looks like the Koreans are on the attack.

ENDSIEG

Guru
Disagree. He was trying to avoid the handball and there was no danger.

Forsberg is having a terrible World Cup. He can't hit any ball cleanly or near the target. (Of course, now that I've said that he'll end up the scoring the next goal:rolleyes:)[/Q
Forsberg has been very disappointing, I hope he can turn his fortunes around if Sweden go through.

Matra2

Master
The Koreans with another chance but failed to pull the trigger. They just can't seemed to finish.

ENDSIEG

Guru
Fantastic penalty from Granqvist! He's got ice running through his veins!!! The sheer physicality of the Swedes is giving them a huge advantage over the diminutive Mexicans...

Matra2

Master
Fantastic penalty from Granqvist! He's got ice running through his veins!!! The sheer physicality of the Swedes is giving them a huge advantage over the diminutive Mexicans...

Sweden have a big height advantage too giving them the edge in crosses both defensively and offensively.

ENDSIEG

Guru
If Germany can get a goal then it 'll be them and Sweden through, a win-win as Mexico will be out!!!

Matra2

Master
Hummels with the only German chance I've seen since switching to their match. It was on a platter for him. Horrible miss.

ENDSIEG

Guru
There is something up with the Germany squad, could it be a racial schism within the team? I'm sure we'll found out after the tournament...