2017 NFL Week 10

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mitch Trubisky played pretty well today. He had a 97.0 passer rating.

ILB Nick Kwiatkoski had 10 tackles and a sack in the game.

Amazing performance by Kwiatkowski considering this was his first game back since Week 2 after a severe injury that initially was thought to have ended his season

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, what is Clueless Hue’s record as a head coach now?

One thing you can be sure of is that he won't be mocked nationally the way Marty Mornhingway was when the Lions went winless in '08, even though Clueless Hue is now in his second season of historic ineptitude

NEP01

Guru
One thing you can be sure of is that he won't be mocked nationally the way Marty Mornhingway was when the Lions went winless in '08, even though Clueless Hue is now in his second season of historic ineptitude

Rod Marinelli was the Lions coach in 2008. I don't recall him getting mocked much, as he is a war veteran and Matt Millen got most of the blame.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rod Marinelli was the Lions coach in 2008. I don't recall him getting mocked much, as he is a war veteran and Matt Millen got most of the blame.

My mistake on the head coach, but I remember both Marinelli and Millen being widely mocked and reviled. Millen may have been the most hated GM ever.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My mistake on the head coach, but I remember both Marinelli and Millen being widely mocked and reviled. Millen may have been the most widely hated GM ever.

Millen deserved to be ridiculed to be fair. He drafted WRs in the first round in back to back to back years.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Millen deserved to be ridiculed to be fair. He drafted WRs in the first round in back to back to back years.

I agree, he was terrible. I can also name some current black GMs, and one recently fired in Buffalo, who deserve just as much criticism but were/are pretty much immune from it.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I agree, he was terrible. I can also name some current black GMs, and one recently fired in Buffalo, who deserve just as much criticism but were/are pretty much immune from it.

Sashi Brown of the Browns is one of the worst GMs of all time. Even bad GMs are not stupid enough to pass on two postential franchise quarterbacks the way Brown did (Wentz and Trubisky).

Brown is so incompetent that he and the Bengals agreed on a trade but he was incapable of turning it in to the league on time. He's awful.

Yet the mainstream media gives him a free pass due to black privilege.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Jordy Nelson, one of the five best receivers in the league, with 68 total receiving yards in three games with Hundley as the starter

I don't know if this is the case but it makes you wonder if the black Hundley is intentionally ignoring the white Nelson for racist reasons. Why else wouldn't you throw to one of the best receivers in the league?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I don't know if this is the case but it makes you wonder if the black Hundley is intentionally ignoring the white Nelson for racist reasons. Why else wouldn't you throw to one of the best receivers in the league?

I don't think it is anything racist. It's due to Hundley's ability as a qb (or lack thereof).

The Packers lucked into a win. Looking at their stats, Trubisky outplayed Hundley. The Bears' pass-dropping woes by affletic receivers continue.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

He doesn't have the ability to spot an open receiver, much less discern among them based on race. If he was even semi-competent he would be looking to Jordy because it would improve his chances of eventually becoming a starter somewhere, slim as the chances likely are.

NEP01

Guru

A big reason Millen was the most hated GM ever was because of his inexplicable longevity. He should have been fired in 2005 at the latest, but held on until 2008 and an 0-16 team. Still, a black GM would never be hated to that degree, as the media wants blacks in the GM/HC/QB jobs.

Interesting note is that Millen ended the head coaching careers of three coaches, Mornhinweg, Mariucci, and Marinelli. Mornhinweg is an especially unfortunate case he was a young coach with a lot of potential.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Now with 793 yards, Thielen could be in the top 3 in receiving yards through 9 games. Barring injury or a QB change, he could easily challenge for the NFL receiving title. The last time a white WR came close was Welker in 2011-2012, but he was overtaken by Calvin Johnson in the final game and finished 2nd with 1,569 yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Now with 793 yards, Thielen could be in the top 3 in receiving yards through 9 games. Barring injury or a QB change, he could easily challenge for the NFL receiving title. The last time a white WR came close was Welker in 2011-2012, but he was overtaken by Calvin Johnson in the final game and finished 2nd with 1,569 yards.

If the Vikings are foolish enough to switch to Bridgewater, Thielen's production will immediately drop just like Jordy's has

TwentyTwo

Master
I don't believe Hundley would do that...seems like a good dude. I think it's just total ineptitude. You could see those flaws at UCLA & it's just being exposed . Hundley has been in that system for how many years now? Joe Callahan could get his opportunity sooner than later.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Garret Celek with a career long catch and run for a TD against the Giants' DBs, who once again have no interest in tackling