2017 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's official. This year's draft class just got a little more interesting:

Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey confirmed that he will enter the 2017 NFL draft.

McCaffrey announced the news Wednesday on Twitter. McCaffrey wrote in a follow-up news release that "there's nothing more I can put on film," and we tend to agree. He shattered Barry Sanders' NCAA single-season record for all-purpose yardage in 2015 with 3,864 yards, winning the AP National Player of the Year award and finishing second in the Heisman Trophy race behind Alabama's Derrick Henry. C-Mac battled through injuries in 2016 but still put up 2,327 all-purpose yards, leading the country with 211.55 all-purpose yards per game. Despite Stanford's offense regressing and his aforementioned health issues, McCaffrey's ypc average actually jumped from 6.0 in 2015 to 6.3 this season. McCaffrey is the No. 28 overall prospect, according to Todd McShay.

I would like to see T.J. Watt and Trubisky declare this year as well. All three should be first/second rounders. We could actually see a noticeable increase in white skill position players with the white WR wave for this draft class along with McCaffrey declaring.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I don't see how a single team, even in the Casteian NFL that could have this trashbag QB (Kizer) rated as a first round prospect. He's had 6 games where he's thrown for under 60% including 2 with a sub-50% completion percentage. What am I missing here? He F***ing sucks you asshat NFL Caste stooges!

I watched parts of a couple of Notre Dame games without knowing who Kizer was. I thought he was a bad quarterback.

It never even occurred to me that he might be a top prospect. He's another Taj Boyd. I can't see any team drafting him high.

I wouldn't even draft him low.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine and NFLPA rosters are all getting filled up this month. I will do a roster breakdown of each once the full rosters are released. From my time following the draft the Senior Bowl is the premiere event in the eyes of DWFs/Scouts/"Experts"/Personnel people followed by the Shrine game and than NFLPA game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just a few thoughts on McCaffrey - one has to wonder if his decision was partly based on the fact he received no recognition in terms of college football awards this year - he was snubbed last year because he was 1.) white 2.) played on the west coast so perhaps he realizes that he won't win the Heisman regardless of how dominant he is.

He was also a better player in college than Reggie Bush. I am old enough to remember Bush very well and he was hyped up non stop even though he played on the west coast. I would say that Bush is the best pro comparison for McCaffrey however that is doing McCaffrey a disservice as he is the more talented player of the two. My hope is that McCaffrey goes to a team that will use him correctly. I think he would be a great fit for the Eagles but they do not have a 1st round pick.

The downside to this is that we won't get to see McCaffrey play again after the bowl game at the college level. I thought that with Chryst finally getting some reps and playing time that Stanford could of been a much stronger team next year and that would of convinced McCaffrey to stay. Ryan Nall and Cade Carney are the only power 5 schools with white RBs who get a decent number of reps. Nall is a beast of a player and I am interested to see how Carney pans out (he had a promising year as a freshman for Wake). Nall has size but also a great burst and long speed - a rare combination of talents for an RB of his size If he has a healthy year next year he should be a draftable player for sure.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I'd rather McCaffrey stay at Stanford another year.
I know he has nothing left to prove. But still I'd like to see him accumulate more yards, dominant more games, set more records, win more awards (maybe even the Heisman), and become one of the greatest all purpose collegiate players ever!
Also I'd just enjoy to continue to see him tear it up - running, receiving, returning kicks and punts.
No matter how well he does in the NFL (assuming he gets a fair chance; which is unlikely) he'll never get all the opportunities to touch the ball like he does at Stanford.
Whatever his role in the NFL, it will be more limited than it is at Stanford.
So going to the NFL means that we'll just be seeing a lot less of McCaffrey, which is a shame.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If this were 1966 when the money was mediocre at best in the NFL/AFL(Joe Namath aside) I would agree, but he has a lottery ticket with a potential expiration date if he gets badly injured. Just look at what happened to Matt Barkley he plunged to the 4th round after being the consensus first qb off the board.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
When there are so few Whites allowed to play most positions, an injury quickly wipes out the rare interloper, Ryan Swope being a great recent example, and this year losing Danny Woodhead, Eric Decker and J. J. Watt made this season more depressing than usual. The best team by far to draft Christian would be New England; on just about any other team he will be greeted with hostility by his "teammates" (see Gerhart, Toby) and maybe even on New England, which has the mandatory mostly black defensive players. Christian will be a target, that's guaranteed thanks to what the NFL long ago became, and the anti-White forces that perpetuate it.

Last edited:

Shadowlight

Master
Cripes I still haven't gotten over Ryan Swope but Don's comments about how a white skill position player will be received in the locker room is disconcerting and something the media has never discussed. I would prefer a high profile team draft Mac since I live on the east coast. The two NY teams , Washington or Philly would give him more media coverage than say a Tampa, Houston, Tennessee, Atlanta or Arizona. He should be a first round pick and I predict he will be a productive player in the NFL for a solid ten to twelve years. As long as they don't pound him up the middle twenty plus times a game I see him as a versatile guy who will return punts ( and maybe kickoffs too), catch passes and run the ball mainly in space. I think the fans will love him and he will be exciting. He might not become a superstar but so what. He will likely be utilized the same way as say Danny Woodhead but expect to see more production from Christian because he is more talented and stronger. He is obviously smart (Stanford) and has a good attitude. His dad being an ex stellar pro will be a nice guiding force for Mac. A good comparison is Jason Sehorn another caste busting player who played CB at a very high level for an extended period. Expect the same from Christian. I would want him on my team and I'm not just saying that because he is white. But it sure is nice he is white.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It looks like the Senior Bowl is going to neglect Steelhammer, Musso, Dylan Haines, Dallas Lloyd and Zach Hoffpair judging by the number of DBs already invited to the game. Hopefully the East-West shrine and combine do not neglect these guys too.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It looks like the Senior Bowl is going to neglect Steelhammer, Musso, Dylan Haines, Dallas Lloyd and Zach Hoffpair judging by the number of DBs already invited to the game. Hopefully the East-West shrine and combine do not neglect these guys too.

Damn that's no good, caste systems way of burying our prospects...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It looks like this will be a negro QB heavy draft and the Browns are interested in one of the most overrated prospects I can recall. Kizer is Josh Freeman 2.0. This draft stuff is insanity and the same mistakes are made over and over again. It becomes annoying as **** following and trying to cover the draft because the experts and NFL personnel people are wrong on so many players every single year and rather than fix the problem they would rather continue repeating the same mistakes.

Browns scout Lake Dawson has spent an "inordinate amount of time" scouting Notre Dame redshirt sophomore QB DeShone Kizer, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Dawson once starred at Notre Dame. As for Kizer, he's expected to turn pro in the next couple of weeks. It's also been reported that Cleveland may make a move for New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Schefter's report includes the headline-worthy tidbit that the Browns have an "astronomical grade" on Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett. It's quite clear that Cleveland is keeping its options open at this point.

Notre Dame redshirt sophomore QB DeShone Kizer told reporters he will make his NFL decision "sooner rather than later" after receiving feedback from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

We expect Kizer to declare for the draft, but a decision either way would not surprise us. Notre Dame already lost Malik Zaire to transfer, and losing Kizer would be another obstacle to overcome heading into the 2017 season. There is an argument for Kizer's 2015 season, his first as a starter, being more impressive than 2016. Kizer started dropping his eyes too often this year, worrying about the pass rush and blocking. We would not be surprised to see Kizer rank as the top quarterback in the 2017 class.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
People this is why the Brown's are the armpit of the NFL and why they will continue to suck. I've never seen a more inept organization. Hue Jackson and their AA GM are idiots and clearly in over their heads. Common sense says this is not the "Moneyball" approach they tried to sell us when they were hired!

Tannehill17

Mentor
It looks like this will be a negro QB heavy draft and the Browns are interested in one of the most overrated prospects I can recall. Kizer is Josh Freeman 2.0.

I would say he's more EJ Manuel 2.0. Freeman at least produced in college, he just sucked at the pro level. Manuel, OTOH sucked in college and sucks even worse in the NFL. The only reason he was drafted at all was because of his perceived "upside". Like Manuel, Kizer also sucks in college and has the same sloooooooow eyes Manuel has in terms of reading defenses. IMHO, Manuel and Kizer are virtually the same player and are indistinguishable from one another.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Lbs Ben Gedeon(Michigan) and Calvin Munson(SDSU) invited to East/West Game! Along with DL Joey Ivie(Florida) and Karter Schult(UNI)!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Phil savage invites Tennessee black quarterback to the senior bowl. This draft class is a ******* black quarterback nightmare

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Phil savage invites Tennessee black quarterback to the senior bowl. This draft class is a ******* black quarterback nightmare

I've noticed they've been attempting to bring back the hype for him and the mulatto Mahomes. These guys are persistent in their pro black anti white attitudes. It's infected every level of football from owners and boosters to gms, to coaches,scouts, and even fans.

All this hype for black quarterbacks despite their best QB prospects fizzling out of the league. Lucky to make it 5 years. Only black QB I'd give a draftable grade is Watson, and he plays in ultimate gimmick one read or run offense.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yea they are trying to hype up Mahomes - if he were white though he would be seen as a system qb more than he is right now. Luke Falk is a white qb playing in a pass friendly system and I have heard that critique much more with him than with Mahomes. Off the top of my head the 2018 draft class is pretty bare in terms of black quarterbacks outside of eraser head who isn't a long term viable NFL qb.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Peterman invited to senior bowl along with some no name small school black quarterback - savage doing his part to continue the diluted NFL product by neglecting white players

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Colorado poly qb invited to senior bowl :mad:

Just noticed he invited a negro QB from D2 school Tiffin!! Screw Phil Savage he's had way too much influence for decades now. He's scum.

Kupp earned Big Sky Offensive Player of the Year honors in 2015 with 114 receptions for 1,642 yards and 19 touchdowns. He doesn't consistently face top-tier talent each week at the FCS level, but his performance in the 2015 season opener at Oregon (15 catches, 246 yards, three touchdowns) showed Kupp's production isn't just him picking on lesser competition.

"First time I watched his tape, I saw Brian Hartline," an AFC North scout told NFLDraftScout.com. "Then I watched some more and thought, no, this kid is a stronger, more aggressive version. Good size. Athletic. Savvy. Hell of a kid too. I'll be surprised if he doesn't carve out a solid 10-year career as a pro."

Kupp comes from an athletic family, as his father, Craig, was a fifth-round pick by the New York Giants in 1990 and player for the Phoenix Cardinals and Dallas Cowboys in 1991. His grandfather also was drafted and played in the NFL for 11 seasons, being named to the New Orleans Saints' 25-year All-Time Team.

However, Cooper Kupp said he finished his high school career without having any firm scholarship offers, even from in-state schools Washington and Washington State. He received offers from Eastern Washington and Idaho State, and picked Eastern because of his familiarity with some of the coaches.

Kupp calls football "an art," and is constantly working to hone his craft.

"I take a certain mentality to the field that I think all receivers should have - I can't be covered; I can't be stopped," he told NDS. "That's the first part of winning the battle. I work hard so I'm technically sound. I look to create separation in different ways. I'm big on studying the greats and using that in my utility belt. But I'd say creating separation is my best area."

Kupp is married, which contributed to his decision to return for his senior season. He asked the NFL advisory board for feedback before the 2016 NFL Draft, but their projection of a second- to fourth-round selection didn't come back until after Kupp had made his decision. Kupp is strong in his belief that his time in the NFL will come soon enough.

"Yeah, it has been something I dreamed about since I came to the field," he told NDS. "God gave me the passion and it's something I want to do as long as I can. So it's been a dream and hopefully in God's plan for me. And if not, I'm fine with that too. It's something I strive to do and be great. And compete vs the be".

Interesting article on Cooper Kupp. The writer questions why Cooper didn't have any firm scholarship offers out of highschool. We all know why, because of a lack of melanin.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/WR
This List has Cooper Kupp projected to go in rounds 2-3, and Ryan Switzer to go in round 4. Hopefully Trent Taylor goes in round 5-6. Gehrig Dieter hopefully goes in round 7. Not too bad if 4 of our guys get drafted.

This is my list I posted a few pages back. Pretty deep WR draft on paper. Cracraft tore his ACL so he is probably done. All of the other WRs listed are very draftable.

Cooper Kupp
Ryan Switzer
Trent Taylor
Jordan Westerkamp
Drew Morgan
Thomas Sperbeck
Brandon Reily
River Cracraft
Gehrig Dieter
Tanner Gentry
Jake Mauldhart

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
This is my list I posted a few pages back. Pretty deep WR draft on paper. Cracraft tore his ACL so he is probably done. All of the other WRs listed are very draftable.

Cooper Kupp
Ryan Switzer
Trent Taylor
Jordan Westerkamp
Drew Morgan
Thomas Sperbeck
Brandon Reily
River Cracraft
Gehrig Dieter
Tanner Gentry
Jake Mauldhart
I wouldn't sleep on New Hampshire's Dalton Crossan. He's listed as a RB, but could be a bigger version of Julian Edelman. I'm not sure if he'll get drafted, but I think he'll get a look. His size is more suited for receiver. He's listed at both 5'10 and 5'11 depending on the source and around 200 lbs. He was a great RB and good receiver at NHU.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Saw this on weenie world:

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are "all over" North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky, who is expected to declare for the 2017 NFL draft.

A fourth-year junior who started only one year for the Tar Heels, Trubisky threw for 28 touchdowns and only four interceptions in the 2016 regular season, leading UNC to a December 30 Sun Bowl date with Stanford. "The Jets are all over this kid," said a rival scout. "All over him. They'll probably deny it if you ask, but they love that kid. That's their guy. They're not going to get him though, because I think that kid is going to get over-drafted." The Jets are expected to have a top-six pick, but not in the top three, where Trubisky may ultimately go if he shines in the Sun Bowl and when NFL coaches begin grinding college tape.

My take is that I hope Trubisky declares - Switzer is gone as well. This is a weak QB class and he could be the first QB selected. Although only a one year starter he did play and see snaps in his previous two seasons as well. I really don't think the Jets should be looking at him. They would be wise to see how Petty ends the season (he is getting a 4 game audition). The Jets have one of the most talentless rosters in the league and need to rebuild. They would be wise to sign Cutler or Romo as a bridge QB if they decide not to go with Petty (and let Hackenberg develop). It seems that anytime I read about the Jets qbs they all write Hack off as an unquestioned bust (the kid is 21 years old - he can afford to sit for another season to get acclimated to the pro game).