2016 NFL Draft

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Unable to find any numbers on Beau Blackshear for the Baylor pro day.

Overlooked Baylor LB Grant Campbell had a good day:
Vertical: 37 inches
Broad Jump: 9-8
40-yard dash: 4.60
10-5-10: 4.37
3-Cone: 7.21
60-yard: 11.64
Bench: 25

Nice Longino from ASU had similar numbers! With those numbers Campbell will be in an NFL camp!

*Good for Henry should be a lock for 1st round.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
From Walterfootball:

Quarterback Kevin Hogan threw the ball well and was on point and accurate with his passes throughout the workout. I'm told while he still has a slight wind-up, Hogan's delivery is significantly more compact than it was last season or during the Senior Bowl and much better than the Combine. I mentioned a while ago the Buffalo Bills like Hogan, and it should come as no surprise that general manager Doug Whaley and director of college scouting were on hand.

Tight end Austin Hooper ran 40 times of 4.65/4.68, then caught the ball well during drills. Teams are concerned about Hooper's blocking and it may take him some time to develop in that area. Several mentioned he's the type of player you may take off the field on third and short. Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter closely inspected the tight ends most of the day.

Devon Cajuste ran times in the 40 that ranged between 4.44 to 4.54. The college receiver did a bit of work at tight end today.

Linebacker Blake Martinez was exceptional. He measured 6013, 242 pounds, touched 34 inches in the vertical jump, then looked great in position drills.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#FV7BXKoouXlEjagS.99

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports...Devon-Cajuste-impress-at-Stanford-6916673.php

More on the PSU proday: http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article66737402.html

Really glad to see Hackenberg had a great pro day showing. I think his stock is on the rise. It would be great to see Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Cook and Hackenberg all taken in the first 2 rounds.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Unheralded but intriguing OT prospect Arturo Uzdavinis from Tulane had a solid pro day:

Offensive lineman Arturo Uzdavinis was another standout on the day. Uzdavinis measured in at 6-foot-6, 316 pounds and had a 35-inch vertical jump and an outstanding 9-foot-9-inch broad jump. Both marks would have been tops among all offensive lineman at the 2016 NFL Combine.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
From Walterfootball:

Quarterback Kevin Hogan threw the ball well and was on point and accurate with his passes throughout the workout. I'm told while he still has a slight wind-up, Hogan's delivery is significantly more compact than it was last season or during the Senior Bowl and much better than the Combine. I mentioned a while ago the Buffalo Bills like Hogan, and it should come as no surprise that general manager Doug Whaley and director of college scouting were on hand.

Tight end Austin Hooper ran 40 times of 4.65/4.68, then caught the ball well during drills. Teams are concerned about Hooper's blocking and it may take him some time to develop in that area. Several mentioned he's the type of player you may take off the field on third and short. Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter closely inspected the tight ends most of the day.

Devon Cajuste ran times in the 40 that ranged between 4.44 to 4.54. The college receiver did a bit of work at tight end today.

Linebacker Blake Martinez was exceptional. He measured 6013, 242 pounds, touched 34 inches in the vertical jump, then looked great in position drills.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#FV7BXKoouXlEjagS.99

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports...Devon-Cajuste-impress-at-Stanford-6916673.php

There is no way that Devon Cajuste should be a tightend. Look at his size and speed. Almost like a Matt Jones Type but a little slower. He reminds me of Dwew Bennett. Hope whatever team picks him will keep him on the outside in his natural receiver position. We need more receivers. Too many of our guys are forced to gain weight and play tightend or fullback.

More on the PSU proday: http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article66737402.html

Really glad to see Hackenberg had a great pro day showing. I think his stock is on the rise. It would be great to see Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Cook and Hackenberg all taken in the first 2 rounds.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Combine and senior bowl snub LB Luke Rhodes had a great pro day:

Linebacker Luke Rhodes tested well during pro day. Measuring 6014 and 236 pounds, Rhodes completed 29 reps on the bench, touched 35 inches in the vertical jump, 9-10 in the broad jump and timed 4.64 seconds in the 40. He spent time with the Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#TaKGd0lhaTVmwApB.99

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Combine and senior bowl snub LB Luke Rhodes had a great pro day:

Linebacker Luke Rhodes tested well during pro day. Measuring 6014 and 236 pounds, Rhodes completed 29 reps on the bench, touched 35 inches in the vertical jump, 9-10 in the broad jump and timed 4.64 seconds in the 40. He spent time with the Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#TaKGd0lhaTVmwApB.99

So many snubs for our guys at LB and WR. Good pro day for Rhodes!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
One of the more interesting side stories of this year's draft is going to be the Cleveland Browns approach. They hired the "moneyball" expert from the MLB to basically right the ship. Moving away from the Johnny Manziel thing and looking forward it should be interesting how the Browns draft this year. If they actually put more value into college production rather than minimal production with the ability to run fast in a straight line for 40 yards. We all know the large number of white players who have the great college production but are always bypassed come the draft. The Browns have 10 picks this year so they can make a decent dent in their roster demographics if they choose to do so. I am not sure how moneyball is going to be applied to the draft (will they ignore the cliches - all upside which makes up for minimal production, once in a generation talent (that comes along every year), hip swivel and appreciate cliches like football players, tackling machine, brings his lunch pail to work ie. guys that produced at the college level and will continue to do so at the pro level etc. but it may be something that will help our guys get into the NFL rather than wasting picks on "upside".

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Justin Zimmer had a stellar performance at michigans pro day

he measured out at 6’2½” and 302 lbs.He completed 44 reps on bench, vertical of 32 inches and a 9’9” broad jump.He ran the 40 in the high 4.8 to low 4.9 range and his 3 cone time was 7.10.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jake Rudock had a very good pro day. He is another QB in this deep class that should get drafted.

Quarterback Jake Rudock -- 6-foot-3, 207 pounds -- turned a lot of heads today with his pro-day workout. Rudock ran the 40-yard dash in 4.85 and 4.91 seconds. He had a 29-inch vertical and 9-foot-3 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.31 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.06 seconds. Michigan's passing game coordinator/quarterbacks and wide receivers coach Jedd Fisch -- who is a future head coach at the college level -- had a scripted workout for Rudock, and let the scouts on hand know ahead of time what throws would be involved so they could follow along. Rudock had a good, not great, arm. He was very accurate in his pro-day workout.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sults-for-jake-rudock-graham-glasgow-and-more

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Caste jock sniffing draft expert projects the oaf Cardale Jones to go in the second round. Guess what word he used to describe him:

"There is too much upside here. I think somebody risks it there in Round No. 2," Jeremiah added.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Tannehill17

Mentor
Caste jock sniffing draft expert projects the oaf Cardale Jones to go in the second round. Guess what word he used to describe him:

"There is too much upside here. I think somebody risks it there in Round No. 2," Jeremiah added.

There's that word again. If I never hear the word "upside" again, it would be a miracle.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Justin Zimmer had a stellar performance at michigans pro day

he measured out at 6’2½” and 302 lbs.He completed 44 reps on bench, vertical of 32 inches and a 9’9” broad jump.He ran the 40 in the high 4.8 to low 4.9 range and his 3 cone time was 7.10.

Dadgum stud of a hoss! Nearly 45 reps of 225 lbs with a 30+ inch vertical & 4.8 40 y/d at 300+ lbs. :)

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Goff had a strong pro day and seems to be gaining on Wentz as potentially the top QB taken at number 2 by the Browns. The cleveland DWF comments are hilarious and pathetic - stating they should pass on a QB in the first and take the overrated Jones in the third round or just wait and get Watson next year in the draft as their QB (the next black quarterback that will be annointed as revolutionizing the position).

http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/in...he_right_choice_for_b.html#incart_river_index

Manziel has hired Drew Rosenhaus as his agent which is interesting - I don't respect the guy but he is a powerful agent. I think his connections will help Manziel get back into the league: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-big-time-nfl-agent-but-it-might-not-help-him

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Smart move by Manziel. Sometimes you have to deal with people that can get you back in the circle of trust. Rosenhaus can wheel and deal with the best of them. Hope someone takes a chance on Johnny Football and gives him a chance eventually to be a starting qb somewhere in the future. If not it is one of the biggest wastes of talent. Gonna try to think positive.

Whiter Mike

I keep seeing Cajuste listed as a "tweener". This reminds me of Matt Jones, who (regardless of his athleticism) was asked by multiple teams to bulk up and play TE.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
DL Justin Zimmer is going to have a private workout for all 32 teams on March 31. Sounds like his stock is on the way up.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I keep seeing Cajuste listed as a "tweener". This reminds me of Matt Jones, who (regardless of his athleticism) was asked by multiple teams to bulk up and play TE.

Just look at the Panthers who drafted Funchess and put him at WR. Cajuste is about the same size yet is faster and and a better athlete but since he is white they want to move him to TE.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Phall

Master
Just look at the Panthers who drafted Funchess and put him at WR. Cajuste is about the same size yet is faster and and a better athlete but since he is white they want to move him to TE.

To be fair, Funchess was pretty famous in college for completely taking plays off when he wasn't getting the ball so he could be fresh to go for the home run. As a pro coaching staff, you would obviously have to move such a player to receiver! Tight ends (even the receiving kinds!) have to be able to chip every so often.