2016 NFL Draft

Tannehill17

Mentor
What were the Browns thinking? I hope for their sake they take Lynch or possibly Cook in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What were the Browns thinking? I hope for their sake they take Lynch or possibly Cook in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Hopefully that is the case. I won't be surprised if the Browns draft 12 blacks now though. The moneyball philosophy still gives me a little hope they will figure out football is more than arm length and 40 times. Production is also important and that is where our guys excel. I won't hold my breath though.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bob McGinn's annual position draft previews are being posted. Typically each paragraph about a prospect contains input from 3 anonymous scouts and are full of caste speak and racial stereotyping. I found this quote really irritating and probably one of the foundations for the caste system. These scouts really tick me off spewing off whatever they want under the condition of anonymity. He isn't wrong though about Alabama and LSU fielding coal black teams though but his hinting that those players are better because they are black is flat out incorrect. I would love to know how many of those SWAC players drafted in the 70s amounted to **** just like so many of the Alabama and LSU players do today.

QUOTE TO NOTE
Veteran scout: "I used to spend more time in the SWAC than I did in the SEC. Alabama vs. LSU now was Grambling vs. Jackson State in the 1970s. That's where all the first-round picks were."

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Eagles traded up to number 2 overall. It looks like Goff and Wentz will go 1-2.

The Browns continue to be the Browns even with the whole moneyball philosophy - I wonder if the fact the organization is becoming very brown in the front office and coaching staff makes them think the gremlin will be their black savior at quarterback.

I was wondering if the Browns would draft a quarterback after signing Robert Griffin, especially since the Browns seem to be going all black with their off field personnel.

It looks as if they're putting their faith in Griffin. This is a big mistake if only because of Griffin's injury history.

Their trade down was stupid. The Browns should have stood pat and taken Wentz or Goff.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Browns have stated that the gremlin has to earn the starting job and it does sound like they will still draft a qb. Interested to see if they end up drafting a black quarterback.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Another good article on Daniel Braverman. Speedy South Florida Native who admits he battled caste system growing up 20miles north of Miami. Caste slut Mel Kiper compares him to Edelman and Amendola. How original Mel you buffoon.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...-draws-notice-despite-small-stature/83410188/

Cajuste proving his doubters wrong. White skill position players are wondering when they can finally cash in some of that "white privilege" in order to be treated fairly.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/23/long-island-star-out-to-prove-doubters-wrong-again-in-nfl-draft/

Tanner McEvoy is definition of upside and athleticism.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2016/4/2...wisconsins-tanner-mcevoy-could-change-the-nfl

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Browns have stated that the gremlin has to earn the starting job and it does sound like they will still draft a qb. Interested to see if they end up drafting a black quarterback.

Maybe they'll take Paxton Lynch with their number one pick but he's white so they might not want him.

My guess is they'll take a player such as Cardale Jones in round two.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another article on Connor Cook - he is really getting worked over with his supposed lack of leadership/flippant attitude problems. I for one do not buy any of it as I watched many MSU games with him at the helm and he never struck me as arrogant or aloof. I actually saw Geno Smiff lose his composure on the sidelines when things did not go his way - tangible visible evidence that the guy was a mental midget and would collapse when things did not go his way. He was is no way criticized like is Cook is. Cook even seems to have more red flags than Jameez rape ape winston did last year according to all the experts. Its disgusting. I hope he weathers the storm and is drafted in the 1st/2nd round.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/2...s-leadership-character-is-questioned-1.678221

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A couple articles on one of my favorite college QBs - Kevin Hogan who looks to be trending upwards leading into the draft.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/report-raiders-among-teams-visit-stanford-qb-hogan

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/04/23/qb-smart-tested-kevin-hogan-best-fit-buffalo-bills/

Hogan can speak to NFL coaches and scouts on a level almost all other quarterbacks in this draft cannot. Most were robots in spread offenses mechanically taking plays from the sideline, racing to the line at warp speed and making one read during a play with speed, speed, SPEED the emphasis. The brain, for many, is not.

So in this year's draft, Hogan is the cerebral alternative. For teams stuck in this quarterback crisis, he's the throwback to simpler times.

“It’s easy for me,” said Hogan, one day after visiting with the San Diego Chargers. “It’s fun. It’s a breath of fresh air for them for me to be able to speak the same language as them. … It was like you’re a blast from the past for these guys.”

If anything Hogan attests the importance of playing in a complex offense in college to help with the transition to the more complicated offensive schemes that many NFL teams employ. I see Hogan as being a valuable commodity because he actually plays in an offense that translates to the NFL. The dumbed down spread is so simplistic and it shows with the failure rate of so many highly touted college black quarterbacks that fail to transition. Personally I am looking forward to see where he ends up - would love to see him supplant Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I have been reading up on the mock drafts/player ranking articles and following the rumor mill fairly close. A lot of what I read about is pretty pointless I admit but I am more or less looking for trends leading up to the draft. Most 7 round mock drafts I have read seem to have hover around the 60 white player mark which is a marked improvement from last year's complete coal fest and top 100 player rankings seem to have 20-25 white players ranked. I am going to try and refrain from posting any sort of rumors/news unless it is actual fact rather than the BS that runs amuck leading up to the draft.

I'll write a draft preview sometime next week like I did last year. I will say I think this draft should be an improvement on the 2015 draft.

Two White QBs going one-two is quite an improvement over last year's draft already. And there doesn't seem to be a single black player that excites the media hype machine. The top two linebackers are injured -- Jaylon Smith will miss all of 2016, and Myles Jack has cartilage damage in his right knee. There are no "surefire" black QBs, the top WR is so slow that he'd be an undrafted free agent tight end if he was White, and Eziekel Elliott is the only running back who is said to be a cinch three down back; Derrick Henry is stiff enough that he can easily flop in the NFL.

The top black players look to be the sumo Tunsil and d-back Jalen Ramsey, and maybe Elliott. A very weak pool of black players, but that won't stop NFL teams from following their annual ritual of stockpiling them later this week.

Flint

Mentor
A couple articles on one of my favorite college QBs - Kevin Hogan who looks to be trending upwards leading into the draft.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/report-raiders-among-teams-visit-stanford-qb-hogan

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/04/23/qb-smart-tested-kevin-hogan-best-fit-buffalo-bills/

Hogan can speak to NFL coaches and scouts on a level almost all other quarterbacks in this draft cannot. Most were robots in spread offenses mechanically taking plays from the sideline, racing to the line at warp speed and making one read during a play with speed, speed, SPEED the emphasis. The brain, for many, is not.

So in this year's draft, Hogan is the cerebral alternative. For teams stuck in this quarterback crisis, he's the throwback to simpler times.

“It’s easy for me,” said Hogan, one day after visiting with the San Diego Chargers. “It’s fun. It’s a breath of fresh air for them for me to be able to speak the same language as them. … It was like you’re a blast from the past for these guys.”

If anything Hogan attests the importance of playing in a complex offense in college to help with the transition to the more complicated offensive schemes that many NFL teams employ. I see Hogan as being a valuable commodity because he actually plays in an offense that translates to the NFL. The dumbed down spread is so simplistic and it shows with the failure rate of so many highly touted college black quarterbacks that fail to transition. Personally I am looking forward to see where he ends up - would love to see him supplant Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo.

Why are the Raiders and San Diego looking at a QB? That's one position they both seem set at.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Why are the Raiders and San Diego looking at a QB? That's one position they both seem set at.

My guess is just for depth. Rivers is a little long in the tooth so they could always bring in Hogan as a potential successor. I believe McGloin is locked in for one more year before he becomes a FA so they might want to draft a long term back up solution.

This article lamenting the lack of exciting QBs in this draft does have a pretty interesting take on the QB crop compared to future draft classes so teams are smart to do their due diligence to get a quality pro style QB this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-be-all-about-the-quarterbacks-but-now-it-is/

Excerpts from Gruden:

“I have five quarterbacks in this draft going in the top 35 picks,” former NFL coach Jon Gruden said. “I think the strength of this draft is at the quarterback position. I just don’t see a lot of drop-back quarterbacks at the college level on the horizon. And there’s so many teams that need them desperately.”

“All I know is if you don’t have one of these guys, if you don’t have a quarterback, here’s the pool of quarterbacks in this year’s draft,” said Gruden, now an analyst for ESPN. “And if you have a real good scouting department, you can see who the candidates are gonna be in next year’s draft. And I think when people are looking at this year’s group of quarterbacks, there are several that have the ability to play in this league. And if you don’t get one this year, I hope you have a magic wand to get one next year or the following year’s draft because nothing that happened five years ago is gonna help you right now.”

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Maybe they'll take Paxton Lynch with their number one pick but he's white so they might not want him.

My guess is they'll take a player such as Cardale Jones in round two.
LOL! This was my EXACT reaction when I saw Leonardfan's post. It would be perfectly logical to assume that the Browns would draft "hometown hero" Cardale Oaf Jones. What a joke.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Two White QBs going one-two is quite an improvement over last year's draft already. And there doesn't seem to be a single black player that excites the media hype machine. The top two linebackers are injured -- Jaylon Smith will miss all of 2016, and Myles Jack has cartilage damage in his right knee. There are no "surefire" black QBs, the top WR is so slow that he'd be an undrafted free agent tight end if he was White, and Eziekel Elliott is the only running back who is said to be a cinch three down back; Derrick Henry is stiff enough that he can easily flop in the NFL.

The top black players look to be the sumo Tunsil and d-back Jalen Ramsey, and maybe Elliott. A very weak pool of black players, but that won't stop NFL teams from following their annual ritual of stockpiling them later this week.
Well, you know. The magical "upside" is always there. Perhaps their college coaches were not able to coax it out of them. Of course looking at it like this shows how utterly racist the whole process is. It's almost like the coaches, scouts and GMs all look at blacks they way an old Korean friend of mine did: "they all look the same, kinky hair, flared nostrils and liver lips." With that view, it's like I've always said, every black can be Barry Sanders or whoever in the view of these cretins.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Myles Jack, he of one knee and mostly ordinary play is still being touted as a top ten pick.o_O
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-cause-myles-jack-to-drop-out-of-the-top-10/

"one of the best lb's in college football" LOL

I'm not sold on this guy at all. He had a bad injury and even when he wasn't injured, he looked completely pedestrian. I really hope the Dolphins don't draft him. Jack Conklin would be the smart pick for the Fins, but the DWF fan base of this team wants Jack in the worst possible way. You should have seen the DWF reactions when we got Alonso by trading out of the top 10, thus potentially costing us the opportunity to land Jack.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Both Jack and Smith are benefiting from black privilege and the media continues to push them as top picks despite serious knee injuries for both. C'mon a star white LB who tore up his knee predraft would plummet like a rock in a river. It's a joke !!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I have reviewed three top 100 players of the draft - Mayock, Brandt and Bspn and pretty sure they all have around 23 white players in their top 100. It's a little odd that each list would be almost identical percentage wise with no deviation.

Typically the 2nd - 3rd round have been pretty dark this past few years but it seems like it will be a little better this year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm not sold on this guy at all. He had a bad injury and even when he wasn't injured, he looked completely pedestrian. I really hope the Dolphins don't draft him. Jack Conklin would be the smart pick for the Fins, but the DWF fan base of this team wants Jack in the worst possible way. You should have seen the DWF reactions when we got Alonso by trading out of the top 10, thus potentially costing us the opportunity to land Jack.

Jacks hype started all because he played Rb and lb his freshman year. Playing in the same conference Scooby Wright was the dominant Lb in the PAC 12. I don't think Jack will live up to his underserved hype.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer

If the Dolphins take Jack they can pair him with Dion Jordan.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
With a few days left before the draft it really looks like the media is trying to hype up the disappointing black quarterbacks - Prescott and Brissett both seem to be routinely mocked as mid round guys when they are more or less late round or UDFA guys.

Like clockwork the media complaining about racism when it comes to black QBs and scout comments. It seems to have become an annual rite of spring.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-about-quarterbacks-turn-up-the-usual-racism/

Shadowlight

Master
Even though I am looking forward to the draft 9 out of 10 times I feel like crap after it is finished.
One fairly decent
site has a round up of the true position for me ala wr-- has Boehringer, Cajuste--not sure he counts since they sort of list him as a TE, Braverman and even Mathews are listed as drafted. And Erickson and Spruce as possible 7th rounders--or free agents--which is a dirty word in my book.
Hell if the four mentioned above along with Erickson gets drafted you will not hear me complaining. Would it right the ship no way in hell but it beats the usual crumbs we get after each draft.
We can only hope--next post will be post draft. Here is hoping for the best. Come on teams don't be so friggen afraid of white athleticism and excitement.

RTTAS

Guru
With a few days left before the draft it really looks like the media is trying to hype up the disappointing black quarterbacks - Prescott and Brissett both seem to be routinely mocked as mid round guys when they are more or less late round or UDFA guys.

Like clockwork the media complaining about racism when it comes to black QBs and scout comments. It seems to have become an annual rite of spring.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-about-quarterbacks-turn-up-the-usual-racism/

Yeah Prescott and Brissett look very mediocre, just being hyped up because they're the best black quarterbacks available this draft and the media really tries to force this "black qbs are the future" trash, and when every black QB looks terrible and undraftable they place the racism card. I'd take Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg, Hogan, Allen, Sudfield, Driskel, Doughty, and Coker above them, but it looks like the last ~5 of them won't even be drafted despite college production and good skillsets, while Prescott, Brissett, and Cardale "Benched at OSU" Jones are talked up as having huge "upside", which is the reason none of them look very good at the moment.

Jacks hype started all because he played Rb and lb his freshman year. Playing in the same conference Scooby Wright was the dominant Lb in the PAC 12. I don't think Jack will live up to his underserved hype.

Flip the races and I'm sure Wright would be a consensus top 5 pick, while Jack fails to be drafted until the third day.

Just compare their college resumes:
Wright: 30 games, 270 tackles (159 solo), 43.5 TFL, 17 sacks, 6 Turnovers Forced, Bednarik Award, Lombardi Award, Nagurski Trophy, Lambert Award, Unanimous All-American
Jack: 29 games, 178 tackles (117 solo), 15 TFL, 1 sack, 5 Turnovers Forced, 2x Second-team All-Pac-12

If you didn't give the names and told me one was going to be taken in the top 10 picks and the other is hoping to be a third rounder, I think I'd know which is which...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great post RTTAS.

Over the past few years so many of the black quarterbacks in the dumbed down college offenses have been highly touted by the media leading up to the draft only to fail to even be drafted. I hope this year is more of the same. Prescott can't read a defense, relied on his legs to much, played in the zone read/spread offense - should be a Fullback convert as he doesn't have great speed/Brissett struggled against good teams that brought pressure on him and isn't the "dual threat" the media builds him up to be/Jones is an oaf - a mental midget and one only has to look as far as his twitter account to prove that as well as the fact he could not grasp the very easy Ohio State offense/Vernon Adams recently declared himself the 2nd best QB in the draft - this undersized black quarterback does not even have the supposed speed that would make him one of the QBs to "revolutionize the position" - he ran a 4.83 I believe/Same can be said for Trayvon Boykin who ran a 4.77 yet is being talked about as a potential WR/RB convert in the media

Going back to a previous article I posted I believe Gruden was spot on in terms the lack of quality college QBs on the horizon in the 2017-2018 drafts and this being the draft to get a QB. Hopefully 10 of our guys get drafted with only one or two black quarterbacks.