2016 College Football Season Week5

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Week 5 kicked off last night with some snooze fests - UCONN vs. Houston and Texas Tech vs. Kansas.

TT mulatto qb went down with an injury last night and his back up QB Nic Shimonek (a white QB) put up better numbers than he did on fewer throws. He was 15/21 271 yds with 4 tds. The mulatto has been hyped up as a QB prospect, with Shimonek's strong performance it will be interesting to see if he is now labeled as a system QB.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I'm expecting a breakout performance from McCaffrey tonight!! Interested in seeing Washington play, haven't seen much of them yet.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The caste matchup of the week will be the suddenly pretty white UNC tar heels take on Bimbo's free shoes university tomorrow. Hopefully Switzer, Proehl and Trubitsky have huge games!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think Schultz and Irwin are going to have to be involved for Stanford to have a chance tonight.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yikes 23-0 Washington. Browning throwing with confidence and precision. Looking like a future high draft pick.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford's lack of a successor to the great Kevin Hogan is killing them now. Their back up cbs are getting killed too. Browning is damn impressive as a true soph.

TwentyTwo

Master
Horrible 1st half on the road...out of sync...9 penalties already....O-Line getting manhandled...6 sacks + missing Fullback...Better dig deep .....

See Washington defense with 4 white players...never saw that on preview

6'-2" 318 Greg Gaines is a fire plug....LB's Constantine & O'Brien ...DB Taylor Rapp(part Native American?)

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford needs to get a stop after half time and just starting airing the ball out to have any chance in this game.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Switched over to BYU/Toledo.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford needs to re-assess the QB situation. The line has not played well but Burns seems to lack the awareness to be the answer at QB. Given the run heavy offense Stanford runs I wouldn't mind seeing Costello in there and slowly brought along this season.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pretty big defeat of Stanford by Washington. The Huskies do have one the best young QBs in college football leading the attack but a lack of skill position players to root for. It could be worse though.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Toledo QB Logan Woodside is off to a great year and is playing well against BYU. It looks like the Rockets found a gem in the young man from Kentucky.

Kaptain

Master
Stanford's play calling has been abysmal this year. Teams are putting 8 in the box all game long and I don't think I've seen a single play action pass this year from Stanford. A dominant running back that forces extra men in the box should make the play calling easy - run the running back or decoy the running back. Stanford seems to have way too much complexity with people subbing in and out running on and off the field etc as evidenced by the delay of games and false starts. This isn't rocket science - give it to mccaffrey or fake it to him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Toledo QB Logan Woodside is off to a great year and is playing well against BYU. It looks like the Rockets found a gem in the young man from Kentucky.

That last drive was very impressive. The MAC has so many good overlooked QBs - Rush - CMU, Terrell - WMU, Woodside - Toledo, Bahl - Miami OH and Neal Ball St.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford's play calling has been abysmal this year. Teams are putting 8 in the box all game long and I don't think I've seen a single play action pass this year from Stanford. A dominant running back that forces extra men in the box should make the play calling easy - run the running back or decoy the running back. Stanford seems to have way too much complexity with people subbing in and out running on and off the field etc as evidenced by the delay of games and false starts. This isn't rocket science - give it to mccaffrey or fake it to him.

Shaw has always been a conservative head coach. His game plan was pretty bad coming into this game and the lack of adjustments during the game is maddening (reminiscent of last year's Northwestern game). They did have injuries on both sides of the ball which played a role in this game too. Honestly even with Hogan he never has given a QB too much leeway or aired it out when needed. They have a very predictable game plan and Shaw seems to stick to it no matter what which makes it frustrating at times. As you pointed out they could of easily used McCaffery as a decoy and used Rector, Schultz and Irwin in the passing game.

TwentyTwo

Master
Wild game...Toledo takes 45-42 lead over BYU.....Cody Thompson with 78 yard TD catch...now 5 receptions for 161 yards nearing midway 4th qtr

Shadowlight

Master
Shaw has always been a conservative head coach. His game plan was pretty bad coming into this game and the lack of adjustments during the game is maddening (reminiscent of last year's Northwestern game). They did have injuries on both sides of the ball which played a role in this game too. Honestly even with Hogan he never has given a QB too much leeway or aired it out when needed. They have a very predictable game plan and Shaw seems to stick to it no matter what which makes it frustrating at times. As you pointed out they could of easily used McCaffery as a decoy and used Rector, Schultz and Irwin in the passing game.
Watching this game last night was nearly as bad as a visit to the dentist. One of those games where Stanford was stuck in the mud the entire game. I have never been a huge fan of Shaw. He puts out a quality product but his conservative approach kills Stanford every year. Since when did McCaffrey become an up the middle 3 yards and a cloud of dust back? The law of diminishing returns took hold as the game plan seemed like a replica of the UCLA game. Yes McCaffrey had a solid if unspectacular UCLA game but how many times can you beat a dead horse with that dull as dishwater game plan. I do not like Washington period. What could have been a great showcase for Christian ended up a dud and he is out of the Heisman race. Still minor good news. He is healthy and he needs to stay that way for the upcoming NFL draft. And WR Trent Irwin is someone to watch as we move forward.
I missed the second half of the wild BYU game but Cody Thompson again gained a ton of yards . And they barely throw him the ball!! The color analyst used a lot of caste clichés--ie: slow white BYU db's--really are you sure you turd? I thought a couple of those BYU white DB's had speed. One of these days a white athlete should settle the score by having a race with the so called "black speedsters" and then make the announcer eat the football , literally.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Josey Jewell just made a great play to prevent the 1st down. Great show of his athleticism and speed.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mason Rudolph and Shane Buechle both carving up each other's coal black defenses today.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Deshone with a terrible INT thrown right into coverage. Another week and he is getting outplayed by another white QB - this time Eric Dungey