2016 College Football Season Week 8

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Week 8 kicks off tonight.

BYU plays Boise St. in what might be the game that makes or breakst the season for the Broncos as BYU has played every team hard this year. Rypien reminds alot of Jake Browning and is a fun QB to watch while Sperbeck is one of the best WRs in the country (averaging 18.4 ypc). Taysom Hill seems to be getting back to his old self as well - it should be interesting to see what happens to him at the next level.

Troy plays South Alabama and in the plummeting draft stock game of the week the media's light skinned black quarterback favorite Kaaya will see if he can go 0-3 as he plays better teams.

A game with some implications on Saturday is Texas A&M vs. Alabama. Let's hope Trevor Knight can lead the Aggies to victory, if he does and has a strong performance he should become part of the Heisman conversation.

referendum

Mentor
Every year I have this dream of a smaller conference school running the table and going undefeated, just to throw a monkey wrench into the rankings, and now mini playoff discussion toward the end of the year. Would love to see Boise State pull this off this year, go Broncos.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Every year I have this dream of a smaller conference school running the table and going undefeated, just to throw a monkey wrench into the rankings, and now mini playoff discussion toward the end of the year. Would love to see Boise State pull this off this year, go Broncos.

Western Michigan also has a chance although Boise St is the more white friendly of the two.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
FB Sam Rogers throws a TD pass!

TwentyTwo

Master
Thomas Sperbeck with the 12 yard TD catch

It is an accomplishment Taysom Hill is even playing again after all of the injuries...didn't realize he is 26 years old...before the injuries he was one of the most electric players in CFB...with Tailback-like skills

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Rypien has got a beautiful deep ball. Looking like a a high future NFL pick!

Phall

Master
Good grief! Both a 'throw' and 'catch' contender of the season from Taysom Hill to Mitch Juergens. I pity the fools who got stuck watching Aaron Rodgers throw flat routes to no-names during prime time! (to be fair, i was mostly watching pro wrestling tonight)

Phall

Master
What's the CF rooting interest in this game? Both are relatively white-friendly schools, each with some pros and cons. Is the "greater good" that Boise State might eventually sneak into a playoff game this year if they run the table? Between age, injury history, and whiteness, Taysom Hill has about a 0% chance in the league outside of fullback or tight end, and those career prospects don't depend (much) on his performance as a winning quarterback.

To answer my own question, best part of the game was that Juergens catch.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What's the CF rooting interest in this game? Both are relatively white-friendly schools, each with some pros and cons. Is the "greater good" that Boise State might eventually sneak into a playoff game this year if they run the table? Between age, injury history, and whiteness, Taysom Hill has about a 0% chance in the league outside of fullback or tight end, and those career prospects don't depend (much) on his performance as a winning quarterback.

To answer my own question, best part of the game was that Juergens catch.

Lol - I caught a little of the game. I like Rypien and Sperbeck. BYU has a decent number of white players but also many polys. Taysom Hill is wayyyy overaged as a prospect but might get some interest as an TE, Athlete or maybe a safety. Same with Trevor Knight who might take the Eric Crouch or Scott Frost route by switching to WR or Safety. I am not too optimistic on either of those things happening though.

referendum

Mentor
Well, I think the rooting intrest for CFers was probably the outcome we got, Boise State continuing undefeated, also Taysom Hill playing well. The last two Bronco games have been close, so I'm not that optimistic that they can run the table, but that would be great if they could.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Oregon - Cal on right now. Should be an entertaining matchup with alot of our guys playing.

Hansen is not playing tonight but the Bears have two other white WRs that should get plenty of playing time.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It looks like Schooler has been moved from CB to Safety. He has made quite a few open field tackles. Both he and Herbert are true freshman for the Ducks - should be interesting to see how their respective careers progress.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Entertaining game last night between two good QBs - Oregon Freshmen QB Justin Herbert threw 6 TD 1/int and Davis Webb threw 5 tds. Vic Wharton filled in well for Hansen - 7 rec 55 yds 1td. Safety Brendan Schooler is already a very good player as a true freshman who actually exhibited tackling ability in the open field.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Classic grind it out game between Iowa and Wisconsin!! Both disciplined, tough, and start a lot of white guys all over the field. Wisconsin leads 7-0 with 4min in 2nd quarter.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Classic grind it out game between Iowa and Wisconsin!! Both disciplined, tough, and start a lot of white guys all over the field. Wisconsin leads 7-0 with 4min in 2nd quarter.

Watching it as well. Have to wonder how the black quarterbacks would do against either of these defenses.

Lol Desmond King just gave up a big play to the Wisc TE.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Watching it as well. Have to wonder how the black quarterbacks would do against either of these defenses.

Lol Desmond King just gave up a big play to the Wisc TE.

Lol again Corey Clement fumbles diving across goal line!

True freshman TE Kyle Penniston with the long reception !

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin leaving way too many points on the board again!! Damn!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
-Northwestern QB Clayton Thorson is tearing up Indiana right now 15-18 250+ 3tds! NU leads 21-3 at half.

-Leidner is having an efficient game against a crappy Rutgers squad. 8-10 passing and a rushing td.

-Kansas St QB Jesse Ertz 15-17 passing td and 2 rushing tds against Charlie Strongs Longhorns!KSU leads 21-7.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Mark it down Rutgers is in a game and has scored 17 points today, still trail Minnesota by 4.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I wonder who gets fired first - Addazio at BC or Strong at Kansas St. It's a shame Bill Snyder is in his 70s, he is a damn good coach and has never been a total caste system follower.