2015 Free Agency Thread

woody39

Mentor
Did not know where to put this but guess it will be seen the most in this thread!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-suggests-racism-in-chip-kellys-roster-moves/

I'll let the title do the talking but fair to say completely unfounded and the reporter does a good job of defending Kelly.

Because Kelly got rid of some poor character black players and some over paid veterans, he is called a racist yet the Eagles squad isn't even 50% white, Smith is an absolute idiot of the highest order.

“Chip Kelly makes decisions over the last couple of years that, dare I say, leave a few brothers feeling uncomfortable,” Smith said. “I think that’s fair to say. I mean, we’re sitting here looking at some of the decisions that Chip Kelly makes and I’m like what is up? What’s up with that? I mean, it’s like you’ve got to be his kind of guy, you know? And I’m like, well, Riley Cooper’s your kind of guy?”

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did not know where to put this but guess it will be seen the most in this thread!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-suggests-racism-in-chip-kellys-roster-moves/

I'll let the title do the talking but fair to say completely unfounded and the reporter does a good job of defending Kelly.

Because Kelly got rid of some poor character black players and some over paid veterans, he is called a racist yet the Eagles squad isn't even 50% white, Smith is an absolute idiot of the highest order.

“Chip Kelly makes decisions over the last couple of years that, dare I say, leave a few brothers feeling uncomfortable,†Smith said. “I think that’s fair to say. I mean, we’re sitting here looking at some of the decisions that Chip Kelly makes and I’m like what is up? What’s up with that? I mean, it’s like you’ve got to be his kind of guy, you know? And I’m like, well, Riley Cooper’s your kind of guy?â€

The comments I've looked at after the article are 100% strongly against Smiff. Typical one: "God forbid a team goes from 85% black to 80% black."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Precisely what a waste of money, some franchises will never learn, its the same ones that do it like the Raiders, Bears, Jaguars, Dolphins etc. WHo would you rather have Free and Biermann or Parnell and McPhee. What a joke, absolutely ridiculous money being paid out. When our alleged second tier guys go int eh days ahead we will see who gets the better value for money!

Here's another ridiculous one -- an average of 4 sacks a year -- including a whopping 1 in 2014 -- and hardly any tackles is rewarded with $7 million a year:

Jaguars agreed to terms with DL Jared Odrick on a deal worth $7 million per season. The cap-rich Jaguars add Odrick to a free-agency haul that already includes Julius Thomas and Jermey Parnell. It's an underrated signing, as 27-year-old Odrick can step in as a 307-pound "big" defensive end for Gus Bradley. Odrick will likely play three technique until Sen'Derrick Marks (ACL) returns. Odrick posted 16.5 sacks over the last four years for the Dolphins, showing an ability to push the pocket from the interior while also playing at a plus level against the run.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Here's another ridiculous one -- an average of 4 sacks a year -- including a whopping 1 in 2014 -- and hardly any tackles is rewarded with $7 million a year:

Jaguars agreed to terms with DL Jared Odrick on a deal worth $7 million per season. The cap-rich Jaguars add Odrick to a free-agency haul that already includes Julius Thomas and Jermey Parnell. It's an underrated signing, as 27-year-old Odrick can step in as a 307-pound "big" defensive end for Gus Bradley. Odrick will likely play three technique until Sen'Derrick Marks (ACL) returns. Odrick posted 16.5 sacks over the last four years for the Dolphins, showing an ability to push the pocket from the interior while also playing at a plus level against the run.
Yep. If we had a separate thread for "absurdly overpaid negro free agent signings" we'd likely be up to 3 or 4 pages already.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

“Chip Kelly makes decisions over the last couple of years that, dare I say, leave a few brothers feeling uncomfortable,†Smith said. “I think that’s fair to say. I mean, we’re sitting here looking at some of the decisions that Chip Kelly makes and I’m like what is up? What’s up with that? I mean, it’s like you’ve got to be his kind of guy, you know? And I’m like, well, Riley Cooper’s your kind of guy?â€

These are the kind of stories that should wake up white people/dwfs to ask as to why such a small segment of
the population is given heavy favor in sports, especially football. Smiff is an idiot, but could be a useful idiot for our cause to bring awareness to the discrimination of white players rather than base the whole sport on the lie that blacks are somehow more athletic and better at the game.

Tannehill17

Mentor
It looks like thug Suh is coming to the Dolphins. So much for the lip service from Joe Philbin about bringing in "character players"

woody39

Mentor
Rams release Jake Long and Scott Wells this could be interesting as it adds too strong linemen too the free agency market. If Jake Long can stay then he is a good signing for many franchises!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Rams are becoming another coal black team. Wouldn't be surprised for them to get a black quarterback.

woody39

Mentor
Some rumours on the bleacher report news feed about the Rams being the leading contender of three teams in a trade move for Nick Foles. Be disappointing to see him head to an ever blackening team as Leonardfan points out.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Free agency is proof positive that these NFL decision makers don't know what they are doing. The whole damn league is based on pure anti-white racism.

These idiot GMs/Scouts/Personnel people do not think outside the box, they are brainwashed fools thinking athleticism/skill/talent is only synonymous with blacks. It's beyond comprehension as it is a mental disorder. It's beyond maddening for the few rational people out there who see it for what it truly is.

woody39

Mentor
I can't fathom how there are only a couple of personnel people like Belichick who seem to understand that splashing out on overrated over hyped black players with perceived limitless upside does not work in free agency.

woody39

Mentor
Here's a prime example:

5812.jpg

Jaguars agreed to terms with OT Jermey Parnell on a five-year, $32 million contract.

Parnell entered the league as a Saints UDFA in 2009 with no position. He bounced around practice squads before finding a home in Dallas as a tackle and made his first NFL start in 2012. Parnell has started just six more games since then, splitting time with Doug Free at Dallas' right tackle spot last season. It's a risky signing by the cap-rich Jags and likely a case of them overpaying to land their man. Parnell, entering his age-29 season, was our No. 8 free agent tackle available. The Cowboys re-signed Free for three years and $15 million.

:der::crazy:

Notice how the superior White player gets less years and money.

Even the sometimes nauseating walter football slammed the Parnell signing!

Jaguars sign OT Jermey Parnell (5 years, $32M; $13M guaranteed): D Grade
So, let me get this straight: Doug Free, who is the better, more-proven right tackle who played for Dallas last year, received just as much overall money in his contract as what Jermey (not Jeremy) Parnell is seeing in guarantees. Huh?

Someone needs to send a raven to Jacksonville to let general manager David Caldwell know that the right tackle position, contrary to his belief, is not that important of a position. There's absolutely no reason the Jaguars should've spent this much money on a player who has just seven career starts. Sure, Parnell has looked good when thrust into action, but he's an unproven commodity.

Contracts like this are always scary. The Jaguars truly don't know what they're getting in Parnell. Maybe he'll work out, but he has no track record of success. In fact, the one pattern here is a negative one, and it's that bottom-tier teams that sign free agents like this away from superior franchises almost always end up with busts. Sure, it works on occasion, but the probability that this signing won't work out is extremely high.

woody39

Mentor
Ian Rapaport on twitter says Hartline is off to the Browns for 2 year 6 million deal. Bargain for those guys big upgrade for them over last years options.

PHillisFan

Master
I am glad Hartline signed with Cleveland. Now their receivers wont all be charcoal. He like Decker has a shot of getting 1000 yards if McCown can play decent.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Here's what someone posted on a Eagles Facebook page concerning Stephen Smith. LOL

http://i.imgur.com/Pr813V9.gifv
Actually I think Smiff is in panic mode. Obviously he did NOT like how the SB went last mouth. He believes that the league is a copy cat league and wants to preempt another team becoming White dominated like the Patriots. He will and the ilk at BSPN will do all they can to stop this awakening trend from gaining a foothold. The Eagles management and HC saw and liked what the the PATS did. Now, Gore is getting whispers in his ear and playing on affelete solidarity and now all of sudden saying maybe the Eagles are a bad move. Funny how things play out so quickly. And the DWFs and sheeple go right along, nothing to see, move along.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Some good news:

Jaguars agreed to terms with LB Dan Skuta on a five-year, $20.5 million contract.

It's one of the first truly eye-opening deals of free agency. A six-year veteran going on 29, Skuta has made just 22 career starts, but was routinely effective in place of Aldon Smith in San Francisco. Five of his 5.5 career sacks came in 2014. He'll likely play outside linebacker, though ESPN's Adam Caplan reports Skuta could also kick inside. We suspect Skuta will primarily end up playing the "Otto" strong-side position in Gus Bradley's defense. The Jaguars are gambling they've found a diamond in the rough.
Let's hope so. Skuta has had a long racial apprenticeship. Let's hope he makes the most of his (only) opportunity to star on D.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good news for Skuta! Packers expected to keep Bulaga!

woody39

Mentor
Jimmy Graham to Seattle Seahawks according to Schefter. I know its not one of our guys but a surprise move. Maybe Cameron or Daniels to the Saints?

Graham and a fourth round this year for Max Unger and a first. Well gets more interesting, definite improvement to the offensive line for the Saints.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Graham to Seattle Seahawks according to Schefter. I know its not one of our guys but a surprise move. Maybe Cameron or Daniels to the Saints?

Graham and a fourth round this year for Max Unger and a first. Well gets more interesting, definite improvement to the offensive line for the Saints.

This is bad news. Starting TE, Luke Willson, was just emerging into a star towards the end of the 2015-2015 season...

SparklingUnconsciousDavidstiger.gif

woody39

Mentor
Well looks like my educated guess was right looks like Owen Daniels to Denver as replacement for Julius Thomas. Should see alot of targets from Peyton Manning.

woody39

Mentor
This is bad news. Starting TE, Luke Willson, was just emerging into a star towards the end of the 2015-2015 season...

Yeah not great news at all for Luke Wilson maybe they will play some two man tight end sets but still disappointing to see :(

woody39

Mentor
Brooks Read to Atlanta Falcons, disappointed to see him leaving Houston but i imagine he would of seen a dip in playing time with Mericulus and Clowney seeming to be ahead of him there. Could be the main man there tho show what he can do :) Good luck Brooks!

5 years 22 million not bad less than the stupid amount sent to McPhee yesterday but will be a much better player i'm sure!