2015 College Football Previews

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Col. Reb,

do you want to do any teams for old times sake?:arms:

If i recall you usually do ole (new) miss and one or two teams.

let me know!

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
I'll do Florida's preview, I'm just waiting for some more positional battles to fall in place.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan,

I would do New Miss, except that Vanilla_Sky already claimed them. Same with Phall and BYU, the other FBS school I went to besides New Miss. No biggie though, I'll take Mississippi State, Southern Miss, and Vanderbilt.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan,

I would do New Miss, except that Vanilla_Sky already claimed them. Same with Phall and BYU, the other FBS school I went to besides New Miss. No biggie though, I'll take Mississippi State, Southern Miss, and Vanderbilt.

Ah ok. Sorry, not as easy to track the sign up list on my phone during the morning commute. ill sign you up for those teams - thanks for volunteering!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
We are making some good progress - I have been busy the past week or so. Ill try to post a few this week to keep us on our great pace.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
A lot of teams haven't released depth charts yet so personally I am still waiting. I am a bit OCD about the accuracy and prefer official charts as opposed to previews

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A lot of teams haven't released depth charts yet so personally I am still waiting. I am a bit OCD about the accuracy and prefer official charts as opposed to previews

No worries and I totally understand where you are coming from (and I agree). I would say that our previews are probably 75% accurate but alot can change between now and the beginning of the season. I just don't think we have enough time to cram all of the previews into a few week period to get them ready for the season. I think the most important thing is for us to establish a baseline (moreso for the teams from the smaller conferences) because as the season goes along people will post roster changes in the thread.

But it makes total sense if you want to wait and do your write-ups. It's just nice to see the amount of involvement from forum members.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I went ahead and did UVA. I have been out of the loop for the past week or so. Ill try to get this thread updated.

TwentyTwo

Master
There is strange GLITCH for some reason on this site....I have tried to POST a NEW Topic at least TEN TIMES the past week 1/2...Indianapolis Colts 2015....seems some things are just NOT meant to be....

In between this... get a Virus(last Tuesday night) trying to "view" the live stream of the Shabranskyy "Boxing" thread....thankfully my tech savvy bro came to the rescue or that would have been an $$$ Expensive mistake!

What's up?? I started Stanford Cardinal thread few weeks ago very easily! Don't understand the problem?

This shows up....
http://www.castefootball.us/forums/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=44

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I really think Fitzgerald is using stanford as his template to build a successful program just judging by the type of players he is getting. They should really convert their offense to the power running game/pro style that stanford implements. Their offense is not the best - lots of misdirection/ gimmicks and spread formations/playcalling.

I really hope we do see a return to pro style offenses - the spread as we have noted here is an easy offense to play in but does not get Qbs ready for the pro game no matter how much the media says otherwise. Sure it's fun to see our guys master it at the college level but that does not help white qbs who are trying to get drafted - the spread label is a detriment to white qbs but the media seem to tout all the black qbs who play in it. Last year's draft had to be a red flag to anyone in the NFL who makes personnel decisions.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
FSU dismisses quarterback De'Andre Johnson after video surfaces showing him punching a girl at a club.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/06/florida-state-qb-deandre-johnson-video-shows-qb-punching-woman/

The woman was white too. No outcry over that either. The lawyer is playing the race card to somehow make it ok for that turd to punch a woman in the face. I'm sure some pathetic white coach is going to recruit him, say he's a good kid and sell his soul out to get this piece of **** on his team.

Some of the comments supporting this afflete are beyond disturbing. Mostly made up of jock sniffing white ******* with no feeling of anger to see one of their own assaulted.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
I'm knocking out some more today.

Couple of things:

I think at the end we should, either in this topic or elsewhere, compile a final list for each conference that features each teams total and provides a link to their write up. This would prevent us from having to search back through various pages to find the total. It would also make next years write up easier. We could even note whether or not there were increases in total.

I would recommend avoid using OurLads for depth chart info. While they are good for NFL charts, their college ones are grossly inaccurate, sometimes even placing graduated or transferred players in starting positions.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm knocking out some more today.

Couple of things:

I think at the end we should, either in this topic or elsewhere, compile a final list for each conference that features each teams total and provides a link to their write up. This would prevent us from having to search back through various pages to find the total. It would also make next years write up easier. We could even note whether or not there were increases in total.

I would recommend avoid using OurLads for depth chart info. While they are good for NFL charts, their college ones are grossly inaccurate, sometimes even placing graduated or transferred players in starting positions.

Both sound like good ideas. I have to get back to doing some more write-ups. Where do you usually get your depth chart info from? I try using the cfb previews in tandem with ourlads.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Both sound like good ideas. I have to get back to doing some more write-ups. Where do you usually get your depth chart info from? I try using the cfb previews in tandem with ourlads.
I usually wait for official ones to come out, especially for Power 5 conference teams.

For smaller schools I use the Athlon Sports preview/Scout and combine it with the info from the team's spring prospectus.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I sound like a broken record but you guys are doing a great job on these write ups. I'll try to update the list of completed teams this weekend

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I updated the list of complete teams. If Vanilla_Sky, Jack Lambert, Claimjumper and Celticdb15 want to take a break I will do my fair share of write ups over the next few weeks. You guys have been working like madmen to do all of these write-ups.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I updated the list with completed teams. Let me know if I missed one of your completed write-ups. We are on an incredible pace to complete all teams.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
All teams in the American Athletic conference have been complete. Nice job guys!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here are all the teams still waiting on their previews (let me know if you have done a team - I could of missed some of the write ups):

Unclaimed
Louisville
NC State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Tennessee
Arkansas State
UL Lafayette

Assigned - yet to be completed
Georgia Tech - Jack Lambert
Pittsburgh - Leonardfan
Virginia Tech - Jack Lambert
Indiana - Phall
Maryland - Jack Lambert
Penn State - Leonardfan
Illinois - Jack Lambert
Iowa - Leonardfan
Purdue - Jack Lambert
Baylor - Leonardfan
Texas-San Antonio - Jack Lambert
Brigham Young - Phall
Eastern Michigan - Leonardfan
Boise State - Claimjumper
San Diego State - Vanilla_Sky
UNLV - Phall
California - Vanilla_Sky
Southern California - Vanilla_Sky
UCLA - Vanilla_Sky
Arizona - Phall
Florida - woody39
Auburn - woody39
Mississippi State - Col Reb
Ole Miss - Vanilla_Sky
Texas A&M - woody39

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I'll do Tennessee if no one minds.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Almost done with the FBS previews! Cruising through those so i suggest we preview maybe top 20 FCS teams?! NDSU Bison in particular deserve a thread. FCS champs 4 years in a row with a ton of white talent!