2015 College Football Previews

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I couldn't help rebelling and previewed New Miss anyway, despite Vanilla_Sky's claim. I also completed MS State this morning.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I couldn't help rebelling and previewed New Miss anyway, despite Vanilla_Sky's claim. I also completed MS State this morning.

5 starters between the 2.. That's rough.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
celtic, yeah and the sad thing is I knew it would be that way, and 5 appears to be the best case scenario at this point. :( Another new all-time low in terms of White participation on those two teams. The depth charts are literally sickening and completely inexcusable. I can't write enough to properly express my disgust at this still growing trend of discrimination against White athletes.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Mississippi teams are pathetic. Overall it's hard to say if there is any marked improvement in the number of whites starting in college football since the write ups and tracking began 10 years ago. I would guess that a decline is there - probably 5%
decrease. Many of the teams have been pretty steady with not much deviation.

No real breakthroughs have been made at rb, lb, db, wr and i can't really compare it to the previous 10 years 95-04 since I didn't really follow college football to see how the two time periods compare.

Their have been some small break throughs and victories for us but nothing like having 20 teams start a white running back or a marked increase in white corner backs.

The trend that really stands out is the black quarterback push at the college level - that has really been the unfortunate story in college football. Taking jobs away from better white qbs just like has been done in the past at every other position. Blacks have proven they are subpar NFL qbs though and the NFL is going to be hurting at the position if things don't change.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to me without checking all the write-ups that the number of White starters began dropping dramatically several years ago and then last year dropped noticeably again. This year's reviews seemed to show an uptick, but then the reviews of late have been depressing. Maybe most of the relatively White friendly teams and programs that were showing improvement were reviewed first.

Thanks to you good men for reviewing them each year.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are all the teams still waiting on their previews (let me know if you have done a team - I could of missed some of the write ups):

Unclaimed
Louisville
NC State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Tennessee
Arkansas State
UL Lafayette

Assigned - yet to be completed
Georgia Tech - Jack Lambert
Pittsburgh - Leonardfan
Virginia Tech - Jack Lambert
Indiana - Phall
Maryland - Jack Lambert
Penn State - Leonardfan
Illinois - Jack Lambert
Iowa - Leonardfan
Purdue - Jack Lambert
Baylor - Leonardfan
Texas-San Antonio - Jack Lambert
Brigham Young - Phall
Eastern Michigan - Leonardfan
Boise State - Claimjumper
San Diego State - Vanilla_Sky
UNLV - Phall
California - Vanilla_Sky
Southern California - Vanilla_Sky
UCLA - Vanilla_Sky
Arizona - Phall
Florida - woody39
Auburn - woody39
Mississippi State - Col Reb
Ole Miss - Vanilla_Sky
Texas A&M - woody39

Leonardfan, for your list, I did NC State the other day, and Vanilla_Sky did Louisiana-Lafayette and USC.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Almost done with the FBS previews! Cruising through those so i suggest we preview maybe top 20 FCS teams?! NDSU Bison in particular deserve a thread. FCS champs 4 years in a row with a ton of white talent!

Feeling ambitious!!! I don't know if I have that in me to be honest lol. I am looking forward to what Carson Wentz does though! He was fun to watch in the playoffs.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Feeling ambitious!!! I don't know if I have that in me to be honest lol. I am looking forward to what Carson Wentz does though! He was fun to watch in the playoffs.

Lol! I think ill do one for NDSU as for other FCS teams ill do write ups for them at end of season,based on who makes playoffs.

Phall

Master
I have UNLV, BYU, and Arizona still to go. I will try to get them done by Monday. Great job everyone else!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Only 21 teams to go! JL and VS have done quite a few writeups already so I may steal a team here and there just to get them done. You have both done a great job and more than your fair share.

Louisville - Vanilla_Sky
Georgia Tech - Jack Lambert
Virginia Tech - Jack Lambert
Maryland - Jack Lambert
Illinois - Jack Lambert
Purdue - Jack Lamber
Baylor - Leonardfan
Texas-San Antonio - Jack Lambert
Brigham Young - Phall
Notre Dame - Leonardfan
Central Michigan - Jack Lambert
Boise State - Claimjumper
UNLV - Phall
California - Vanilla_Sky
Oregon - Vanilla_Sky
Oregon State - Vanilla_Sky
Arizona - Phall
UCLA - Vanilla_Sky
Auburn - woody39
Texas A&M - woody39

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Quick update - this looks to be the remaining teams left for this year's write ups. Nice Job everyone - with two weeks before the season starting we should get these done.

Louisville
Va Tech
Maryland
Illinois
Purdue
Oregon State
UCLA
TEXAS A&M

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Purdue and Illinois are done. I'll do A&M tonight.

Louisville
Va Tech
Maryland
Oregon State
UCLA
TEXAS A&M

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Y'all are doing a real fine job. Thank you! :)

woody39

Mentor
Great write up on a and m leonardfan. Sorry i didnt do it i know i said i would but have had no laptop for a few weeks as its broke and my tablet broke last week. Its a nightmare had a draft twice that crashed on my phone!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great write up on a and m leonardfan. Sorry i didnt do it i know i said i would but have had no laptop for a few weeks as its broke and my tablet broke last week. Its a nightmare had a draft twice that crashed on my phone!

Not a problem! Glad to see you are back. Feel free to take any of the few remaining teams if you want lol.

i hope you don't mind I did the Florida and a&m write ups.