2014 World Cup Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Surprised nobody has pointed out that there are only three blacks (only one true Negro) starting for Brazil. Three whites as well.

In all seriousness, Mexico may be as white as the U.S. side. I counted 6 clear whites, 4 clear mestizos and one who may be slightly black.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Wow so every other white country has blacks on its roster ? That is ridiculous . I wonder how long it'll be until Europe starts to resemble America when it comes to sports demographics. Blacks make up 10% of our population but they make up like 80% of our athletes . The NBA and NFL all started out being heavily White and then slowly turned into being dominated by blacks. I bet it'll happen even faster in Europe

Russia not white enough to be mentioned here? They might not have the best chance to win the whole thing, but they have 23 whites on their roster. Bosnia also has 23 whites on their team, but I know how some feel about them.

A lot of all-white teams like Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Iceland, Ireland, etc. didn't make it.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Surprised nobody has pointed out that there are only three blacks (only one true Negro) starting for Brazil. Three whites as well.

In all seriousness, Mexico may be as white as the U.S. side. I counted 6 clear whites, 4 clear mestizos and one who may be slightly black.

I agree with this after watching the Mexican team during the anthems. I hope they can beat diversity poster boys Brazil today.

You guys are being way too lenient on what counts as white..

Seriously guys...'whiteness' isn't just about skin colour!

If that were the case,many jews are white,quite a few arabs are white too...Samir Nasri,ugly as he is,is 'fair'.

For me,there are only three whites on that pitch,all barely-David Luiz,Fred and Oscar.

Ochoa produced an excellent save though,it has to be said.
And how about that shot by Luiz Gustavo?

L

Lew

Well the transformation in Europe includes Muslims and Asians as well...this time the jews don't want to deny anyone the chance of spitting into whitey's face.
Well in the US we also have a lot of non white Hispanics, south Asians, middle easterns, and East Asians(Northwestern Europeans only make up around 50% of the US)but only black minorities are placed in high positions of power in sports and entertainment along with being constantly propped up and hyped up by the media. Blacks are also almost the sole reason for our high violent crime rates

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna drop this, because different posters obviously have different views on "whiteness" here than others. But I'd like to hear what you have to say on this particular guy.... How is Layun not white to you? Given that Mexico is a very religious country, he's more than likely a Christian as well; how is he not "white" in your view, ThePhilosopher?

BCUF3OCCMAAXO5b.jpg:large

foobar75

Master
For a scoreless draw (so far, 10 min left as of this post), this Mexico-Brazil match has been one of the better ones so far in this WC.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
great upset tonight, brazil looks unable to create anything ofensively
only neymar brings danger and it's not even very good
brazil has zero traditional brazilian white
zero player of italian origin from either sao paulo or the south of brazil (like their coach for example)
white brazilians have been totally omitted
that's the first time i see that

frederic38

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna drop this, because different posters obviously have different views on "whiteness" here than others. But I'd like to hear what you have to say on this particular guy.... How is Layun not white to you? Given that Mexico is a very religious country, he's more than likely a Christian as well; how is he not "white" in your view, ThePhilosopher?

BCUF3OCCMAAXO5b.jpg:large

that picture of the mexican player holding the ballon d'or looks...fake lol
it was lionel messi

1260166617452_1260166617452_r.jpg

but yes he's white i'd say
i also counted rafael marquez as white in club football
ochoa too

Matra2

Master
Brazil don't look like world champs. If they win the group there's a good chance they will play Spain in the second round. If not Spain it could be Chile. I think the Chileans would lose to Brazil but Spain would have a good chance of knocking them out early.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
that picture of the mexican player holding the ballon d'or looks...fake lol
it was lionel messi

1260166617452_1260166617452_r.jpg

but yes he's white i'd say
i also counted rafael marquez as white in club football
ochoa too

I figured it might be after I posted it, looking at it again, but I didn't want to change it if somebody already saw it. :blush: I just saw it when I typed his name in to get a picture of him. I should probably check my pictures twice before I post them. haha

Anyway, Ochoa had an amazing game today; he made some great saves! I agree on Brazil, for a period in the 2nd half, Mexico dominated the ball. I think Germany could definitely beat these guys.

foobar75

Master
great upset tonight, brazil looks unable to create anything ofensively
only neymar brings danger and it's not even very good
brazil has zero traditional brazilian white
zero player of italian origin from either sao paulo or the south of brazil (like their coach for example)
white brazilians have been totally omitted
that's the first time i see that

Yes, in all my years of watching the WC, Brazil has always had an equal mix of white, black, and brown/mestizos on the roster. This is the first time I've seen it too, looks like there's a world-wide effort now to empower non-whites in soccer (just as in every other area of life).

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Brazil don't look like world champs. If they win the group there's a good chance they will play Spain in the second round. If not Spain it could be Chile. I think the Chileans would lose to Brazil but Spain would have a good chance of knocking them out early.

on the other hand mexico look very consistant from competition to competition
even when people think they are bad because of the qualifiers, they do well
they lack what it takes to win a world cup, but their overall level is always good
an example for many countries

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Russia not white enough to be mentioned here? They might not have the best chance to win the whole thing, but they have 23 whites on their roster. Bosnia also has 23 whites on their team, but I know how some feel about them.

A lot of all-white teams like Poland, Ukraine, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Iceland, Ireland, etc. didn't make it.

russia plays now against south korea

Status
Not open for further replies.