2013 NFL Season Week 5

backrow

Hall of Famer
Seconding the Chandler suggestion. I confess I didn't watch any Bills games last year, but he was on my fantasy team last season and there were a number of weeks when he got me a lot of points that made the difference between me winning and losing. If given a chance he is a productive athlete.

I'm more excited about Kiko Alonso than anyone else from the Bills or Browns though. What a monster.

Chandler is a big target with a nice pair of soft hands, but I gotta say, he is not a speedy TE. he's not quite as slow as some others out there (what was the name of the comically fat black TE who played for Falcons few years back? it eludes me atm) but it's funny since most of white tight ends who make it are actually "deceptively" fast. some are downright freaks (Olsen, Cameron, Gronk)

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chandler is a big target with a nice pair of soft hands, but I gotta say, he is not a speedy TE. he's not quite as slow as some others out there (what was the name of the comically fat black TE who played for Falcons few years back? it eludes me atm) but it's funny since most of white tight ends who make it are actually "deceptively" fast. some are downright freaks (Olsen, Cameron, Gronk)
Alge crumpler?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

dwid

Hall of Famer
Scott Chandler is a freak in the sense that he is 6'7 270 pounds with a 4.7 speed with great agility. His quickness is his main asset and he is still recovering from that. He tore his acl or mcl (or both can't remember) came back four weeks later and the coach said he was surprised at how far along he was. He doesn't have to be blazing fast, just needs a good coach to teach him how to properly utilize his size because he is a mismatch for anyone, just lob it up there, at 6'7 a 32 inch vertical I don't think many dbs are going to jump that high.

However, looking at JJ Watt and his conversion in college from te to de, I wonder how Chandler would have done if he had done the same. 6'7 270 pounds is really on the big side, perhaps the biggest, or at least top 3 for tight ends with size, with that height he could easily add 10 to 20 pounds without losing speed, keep in mind JJ Watt is 2 inches shorter and I don't think he was 290 at Central Michigan.

Ieroner

Bills coach is talking about bringing in another quarterback now that Manuel is going to be out a few weeks. I think that's a premature decision. Get Tuel really prepared and give him another shot, otherwise why did you sign him at all? It makes more sense to give Tuel another chance than to give another shot to some other QB out there who has had shot after shot after shot. I don't see why they couldn't win a game with him if they prepared him and understand that it takes more than one quarter of play to get used to the speed of an NFL game.

Tannehill17

Mentor
I don't actively root for black players to get injured but if they do get hurt I can't say that I'm disappointed.

Thats how I feel too. I don't want to see anyone get hurt but if a black player gets hurt and it opens the door for a white player, I say its all good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Bills are bringing in Pat White for a look. What has he ever done to deserve this? The complete ignoring of any team to take Tebow is baffling. It's suppost to be about money and revenue. Yeah right. Not in this lifetime. Any way to screw a pasty christian boy! This makes
me sick to my stomach. The Jags, Bucs, Browns and Bills could all use Tebow. Even the Jets but I don't want him going back there. I hope every one of these teams suffer and lose after week. The complete lack of any common sense is mind baffling!

Last edited:

PHillisFan

Master
The Bills are bringing in Pat White for a look. What has he ever done to deserve this? The complete ignoring of any team to take Tebow is baffling. It's suppost to be about money and revenue. Yeah right. Not in this lifetime. Any way to screw a pasty christian boy! This makes
me sick to my stomach. The Jags, Bucs, Browns and Bills could all use Tebow. Even the Jets but I don't want him going back there. I hope every one of these teams suffer and lose after week. The complete lack of any common sense is mind baffling!

That's how the NFL rolls. Who needs a player and winner that represents good morals and values to represent the NFL in an attempt to clean up the league's image? The NFL managed to outsmart itself once again.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Calvin Johnson is out with a knee problem, which means Kris Durham could make a name for himself today. Hopefully Matt Stafford looks his way early and often.

PHillisFan

Master
Weenie World:

Danny Amendola
- WR - Patriots

Danny Amendola is active for Week 5 against the Bengals.

Austin Collie is inactive. Amendola is expected to be on a snap count in his return, making him a dicey WR3. As previously reported, both Rob Gronkowski (back) and Stevan Ridley (knee) will sit. That leaves LeGarrette Blount as the Pats' clear lead back, and as a solid FLEX option in fantasy leagues. Backup Brandon Bolden (knee) is also active, but it's unclear how limited he will be. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, RB/KR Leon Washington will "have (his) number called today," suggesting Bolden will be on a snap count. Neither player is a recommended FLEX option. Also inactive for the Patriots are WR Matt Slater, OG Chris Barker, LB Steve Beauharnais and S Tavon Wilson

I am happy that Amendola returns, but why is Collie inactive?
You mean to tell me that a healthy collie with knowledge of
only 25% of the playbooks isn't much more effective that one of their
rookie black receivers?

Claimjumper

Mentor

They are working out Dennis Dixon too :wacko:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Suh penalized for attempting to intentionally trip/leg whip Aaron Rodgers. what a d-bag Suh is ... so happy to not ever shop at Subway who pays this loser to be a "spokesman."

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm trying to wrap my head around this ... LeGarrette Blount and his 4.70 40 at the Combine is "explosive" enough to not only return kickoffs in the NFL, he is now the featured tailback for the Patriots. meanwhile, Peyton Hillis and Jacob Hester (and literally dozens of others) aren't even in the NFL because they're apparently "too slow." coincidentally, i'm sure, Brian Leonard (4.49 in the 40) and Danny Woodhead (4.33 in the 40) are only situational players ... and guys like Stan Zwinggi and Roger "Rabbit" Robinson (fastest running backs in their respective draft classes) aren't fast enough to even get a shot at the League.

nope, there's no bias in favor of black backs at all. pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. there's nothing to see here. please move along.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
oh, excuse me. i must be mistaken!

Dan Dierdorf just assured me that Blount has "breakaway speed" and is the "total package." well, if Dingleberrydorf says it, then it must be true. :frusty:

oh, excuse me. i must be mistaken!

Dan Dierdorf just assured me that Blount has "breakaway speed" and is the "total package." well, if Dingleberrydorf says it, then it must be true. :frusty:

I just came here to post what that idiot said.It really is sad that Hillis,Hester,and others have been ran out of the league or never given a chance because they are "to slow" but guys like Blount,Morris,and "lawfirm" have a job.

Claimjumper

Mentor
complete package blounte just coughed it up

so far it looks like a standard 2013 nfl week: low scoring 1st halfs then the coal black defenses will get lit up in the 2nd half to get the 20-30 pt games

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the other White rookie defensive tackle for New England, Chris Jones, just blew past the negro sumo for Cincy and Dierdork claimed that "he must've thought the ball was gone" and "for some reason, the clock had gone off in his head and he just let the defender right by him" or some such ...

of course, that's not at all what happened. Jones ripped through the negro's impotent block attempt and made the sack. none of which was credited by Dumbledoorknob.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Blount the whole package? hah. He can't catch or pass protect. I will admit and have admitted in the pass that he can be a great runner. I think Tebow would be similar, most likely better, not sure how Tebow's hands are so thats why I make the comparison, they both ran a 4.7.

earlier today they called Woodhead a "working man's Sproles" making it sound like it was better than a poor man's Sproles, Wtf is a working man's Sproles? Woodhead is better than Sproles. I think he can run harder, plus I see Sproles almost every week, he may get a lot of catches, but half the time its 1 or 2 yards short of the first down. It happened twice today already.

I have glanced at the Pats game, whats the deal? are they not targeting Amendola and Edelman? why the shutout?

Old Scratch

Mentor
just crossed the wire

Sorry to inform them but he's currently engaged with his customary third midday double Whopper, double Big Mac snack if they want his services they will have to contact him when Burger King doesn't have so many awesome deals.

L4ScLtw.jpg

backrow

Hall of Famer
Matt Giordano had an interception which he took to the house for 82 yards!

Chad Hall sighting!

Vick out, Foles in

Last edited: