2013 NCAA Football Write-ups

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm back. Did a quick update of the list - I am sure I missed some teams that have been done but I signed everyone up for the teams they have volunteered to do in the thread.

I am going to do Ohio, Buffalo, Kansas and Cal. Hopefully they will all be up by the end of the weekend.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Thanks Leonardfan, also, I do have Army too; I see it wasn't on the list.

On a side note, is anyone else having trouble posting new topics?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing to get this vital information out. If must be especially tedious doing the teams with low numbers of Whites.

Now the negative part. It seems like many programs are trending blacker when looking at the numbers from prior years. Maybe it's just me but this this upcoming year seems to be pretty bad. It's more frustrating too that the uptick in NFL White wide receivers and running backs has not led to an increased opportunity in the college ranks. We maybe slowly winning that battle but are losing the war. I guess I'll wait until all the teams are previewed and some statistics are crunched but I don't have a good feeling.

Last edited:

referendum

Mentor
Freethinker, my guess is that this year the numbers are about the same as last year. What I think we may find is that the number of teams with really low numbers of whites is less but a number of teams like Ohio State and Nebraska that have usually had lots of whites starting is less as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I haven't been keeping up with this the past week or so. The NFL has distracted me. I will try to work on this more in the coming days as college football is less than a month away.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks to everybody's research & hard work!

It's so slow & methodical...very gradually like the python slowly constricting...so slow... you do not realize it has a hold on you..til it's too late. . Much like the ever college football landscape. The average fan(even dwf's lights) do not realize how disproportionate is has been becoming. Seeing the SEC continually win Championships make the copy cats take notice. The recruiting services is at the root of this as well. A few complaints that the game is resembling the SWAC will have the hoard's of unathletic dwf's label you a bigot or racist...when simply making an observation.

I can do LSU if yall would like....and a few others if need be?....

did Louisiana Tech last season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
i'm so sick of the SEC. They may have the most championships but they also have the most suspensions and arrests. If the NFL actually goes through with not inviting athletes to the combine because of grades 1/2 the SECs draft crop would not be allowed. Which is why i find this situation highly unlikely..

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Put me down for Notre Dame, please, Leonardfan.

And Celtic, you can bet if grades became a part of the combine, the SEC schools would "manipulate" the player's grades so more of them would undeservedly make it, although everybody can't be helped like that, it would still help get more whites invited.

Phall

Master
ugh! I'm sorry for my abstentia, but i will put out rutgers and arizona this week or may you cross my I's. i'm thankful to have been distracted by "work" :D

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing to get this vital information out. If must be especially tedious doing the teams with low numbers of Whites.

Now the negative part. It seems like many programs are trending blacker when looking at the numbers from prior years. Maybe it's just me but this this upcoming year seems to be pretty bad. It's more frustrating too that the uptick in NFL White wide receivers and running backs has not led to an increased opportunity in the college ranks. We maybe slowly winning that battle but are losing the war. I guess I'll wait until all the teams are previewed and some statistics are crunched but I don't have a good feeling.

Yes Freethinker, I will second that. Thanks guys. We have great writers and posters on this site!

I agree with you Freethinker, it looks bad this year for whites at typically the RB position, but what's concerning is the QB position seems to be very black this year.

In North Carolina, 3 white high school RB's were in the top 9 with 2 rushing for over 3,000 yards and one averaged over 11 yards per carry. So far, none have any D-1 offers and only 1 RB has a preferred walk-on and some FCS offers.

Hopefully in the future, skilled white players will come out of the FCS/DII, if they can't get D-1 scholarships and the few who are fortunate enough to go D-1, will make it to the NFL.

However, at least 2 white receivers, Braxton Berrios, Bo Hines(N.C. State) have D-1 offers and the top QB, Will Grier, in N.C. who is white, will go to Florida.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Updated list.
JL - Gave you ND
Twenty-Two - LSU is all yours

Ill take UNC and East Carolina

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I completed BYU, New Miss, and Miss. State.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Are you going to be doing any more preview, Colonel? We might need some help to finish these off.

If anybody has time for some preview, then sign up for a team or two! Let's get these finished.

Also, I just finished UTSA.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It may be next weekend before I can do any more, but I'll take all of the Georgia and Florida teams, since they haven't been claimed according to the original list.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It may be next weekend before I can do any more, but I'll take all of the Georgia and Florida teams, since they haven't been claimed according to the original list.

Cool! :) Although I believe that Vanilla Sky did Florida, and I did Florida State. Other than that though, they are all still there!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sounds good, Jack.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Looking at the list, Rice, Florida, Middle Tennessee, and Colorado are done by Vanilla Sky, I'm done with UTEP, Marshall, Tennessee and Auburn, Colonel Reb is doing Georgia and Tech, I believe you did UNC as well. Celtic also did Texas State.

For teams still to do, you have Ok State and Baylor, and I'd like Ball State. I just thought I'd let you know; so the people still looking to do previews don't get confused.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking at the list, Rice, Florida, Middle Tennessee, and Colorado are done by Vanilla Sky, I'm done with UTEP, Marshall, Tennessee and Auburn, Colonel Reb is doing Georgia and Tech, I believe you did UNC as well. Celtic also did Texas State.

For teams still to do, you have Ok State and Baylor, and I'd like Ball State. I just thought I'd let you know; so the people still looking to do previews don't get confused.

Updated list. Gave you Ball St JL.

Thanks for your help.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
I'm going to update a few of these now that official week 1 depth charts have been released, hope that's ok with everyone.