2013 College Football Season Week 2

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
. . . man college football doesn't seem the same. We had Tebow, Gerhart, Burkhead, even enjoyed Klein. I guess once Manziel plays better competition it will be fun. It sucks that Zwinak is sharing carries, as well as Beau Blankenship from Ohio.

edit: and how could I forget about Line, I just clicked on to watch SMU expecting to see him, totally forgetting.

Somebody mentioned Mark Weisman. Tyler Gaffney is having a good day at Stanford. The BYU qb ran all over Texas today. Johnny Manziel is out there.
There's still some guys at big programs doing well.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
BYU set a school rushing record today in defeating the 15th ranked Texas team.
Taysom Hill ran for 3 tds and and 259 yds!
Yet ESPN managed to 'spin' this in a way that gave no credit to BYU; just talked about how 'confused and poor the Texas defense was.
I really hate ESPN. They are significantly responsible for brain washing the DWFs.

Congrats to Taysom Hill and BYU! It was awesome seeing him slice up one of the stalwart Caste system programs like a hot knife through butter. I noticed this about Hill as well. I really loathe ESPN.At least Manziel gave them the proverbial middle finger today. He had over 400 yards passing to go with 4 TDs, also rushing for a score, trucking a black DB in the process.

To comment on the Georgia game a little. I agree with what you guys have been saying. I think they need to be our team of choice to unseat Alabama in the SEC. The media also has been lampooning Murray, saying before today "he hasn't won the Big one ever." I was as shocked as everybody else when I saw Douglas on the field for UGA today as well. It's nice that he's getting to play. I wish that they would give Norman and Vasser some defensive reps though!

Even though Buffalo got destroyed by Baylor today, how about Alex Neutz?? 6 receptions for 197 yards and 1 TD!! :bigsmile:This kid is a stud!!

Also, you can add Devin Gardener to the list of black QBs ESPN is going to be hyping up now. He'll be right up there with Bridgewater, Boyd, and Thomas now after his game tonight.

Tyler Gaffney having a nice game with Stanford too tonight.

TwentyTwo

Master
A lot of big individual performances today! Looks like yall have just about all of it covered...

Zach Zenner has 295 yards rushing on 37 carries & 3 TD's for South Dakota State

Jaxon Shipley 8-105...

QB-Brian Bennett 18 carries-132yds -1TD vs TCU

Disappointed RB Cam McDaniel(Notre Dame)only had 1 carry tonight after last weeks performance...

Last edited:

davidholly

Mentor
So Baylor annihilated the team that OSU struggled to put away last week. Not a peep from TMZSPN about this though. OSU is top 5 team, no doubt about it.

Kaptain

Master
BYU set a school rushing record today in defeating the 15th ranked Texas team.
Taysom Hill ran for 3 tds and and 259 yds!
Yet ESPN managed to 'spin' this in a way that gave no credit to BYU; just talked about how 'confused and poor the Texas defense was.
I really hate ESPN. They are significantly responsible for brain washing the DWFs.

Just watched ESPN's show. After having verbal orgasms about the new black Michigan qb, they had nothing good to say about Taysem Hill. In fact I will paraphrase: "Taysem Hill is a nice little qb, but Texas made him look like Gale Sayers." A nice little quarterback. What a bunch of tools.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just watched ESPN's show. After having verbal orgasms about the new black Michigan qb, they had nothing good to say about Taysem Hill. In fact I will paraphrase: "Taysem Hill is a nice little qb, but Texas made him look like Gale Sayers." A nice little quarterback. What a bunch of tools.

Totally agree. I guess they are all butthurt that the all black Texas defense was made to look silly by a white athletic running back.

That Gardner guy did not impress me. Just another overhyped afrolete.

Tannehill17

Mentor
I know this moron who's from Texas. He's your typical Zionist evangelical neo-con, and he's running a big campaign to try to get Bobby Jindal elected president (yeah just what we need, another non-white president) I rubbed it in his face that a bunch of white Mormons beat his coal black Longhorns. Of course, he gave no credit to BYU or Taysom Hill. In his mind, they lost the game because of the coach Mack Brown. He even compared Mack Brown to Obama. I swear, these DWF sheeple, whether on the left or the right are the same breed of idiot.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The three freshmen QBs Hackenberg (PSU), Goff (Cal) and Mayfield (TTU) all had three strong games again. Really excited about this trio of QBs.

Phall

Master
Devin Gardner is not a good quarterback. I saw a few cringe-worthy picks yesterday, but I can't remember the last time I saw one as bad as Gardner's end zone interception. Michigan is up by two touchdowns in the fourth quarter, it's 3rd and 11 from their own 16. You can spread a bit of blame to the obese white play-calling coach Al Borges, but really common sense should dictate that you look for about two receivers and then take a knee. Instead, Gardner channeled his inner 'Steamin Willie Beamen' and tried to introduce the invisible juice. He got chased back all the way into the endzone before it occurred to him to throw an incomplete pass, and the resulting lame duck floated about thirty feet up and three yards away into the hands of a converging Notre Dame player.

You might be thinking that there is no way a top quarterback could possibly be so stupid as to lend a hand in that debacle. Luckily, ESPN has archived the snippet for us to marvel at, so that when the Martians arrive to colonize our planet, they can gather around and laugh at this prime example of situational incontinence.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=332500130&vid=9649245

This is especially curious considering Devin Gardner's academic pedigree. After just three years of college, he has already completed a "double major" in Afro-American Studies AND African Studies. That academic curiosity should serve him well as a high-functioning member of the NFLPA.