2012 London Olympics

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jaxvid, good point on the silliness of "beach volleyball" as an Olympic sport. I've respect for the court/team version, but the 2 on 2 bit is a sideshow.

BTW, some other "sports" that ought not be in the Olympics include synchronized swimming, Badminton, "BMX" biking, trampoline "gymnastics", sailing, and table tennis. Sports that need to be added are submission wrestling and powerlifting.

I'm surprised baseball isn't an event since it's an international sport. MLB stars could take two weeks off to compete in the middle of their season the same way the NHL does for the Winter Games.

I'd like to see American football in the Olympics because it would help bring more Europeans into the sport as football is so provincially American that it makes implementing the Caste System easier than it would be if football was an international sport. But football's limited appeal is why it won't be added to the Games, and the U.S. PTB likely don't want any interlopers excelling in America's "opiate of the masses."

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
People would be shocked at how good the rest of the world would be against American players within 20 years if the rest of the world played American football. I know Germany and Russia would give the Americans competitive games within that time span and middle size countries like Poland and Ukraine probably would too. Also rugby should probably already be in the games as it is true international sport played by dozens of countries competitively.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Watching NBC go wild with its coverage of the Grenadan who won the 400 meters, the first medal ever for Grenada, I thought back to how little coverage White American Jeremy Wariner's win in the 400 in the 2004 Games generated. Wariner was the first White American man to win a gold in a sprint in 40 years but there was only a very few minutes of coverage of the race and its aftermath in '04, no special features on Wariner, no mention of him being a "pioneer" or an inspiration to young White boys, no coverage of his gold medal moment on the podium while the national anthem played. But NBC did show Bolt tonight as the Jamaican anthem played -- a full day after his victory in the 100 meters.

foobar75

Master
Watching NBC go wild with its coverage of the Grenadan who won the 400 meters, the first medal ever for Grenada, I thought back to how little coverage White American Jeremy Wariner's win in the 400 in the 2004 Games generated. Wariner was the first White American man to win a gold in a sprint in 40 years but there was only a very few minutes of coverage of the race and its aftermath in '04, no special features on Wariner, no mention of him being a "pioneer" or an inspiration to young White boys, no coverage of his gold medal moment on the podium while the national anthem played. But NBC did show Bolt tonight as the Jamaican anthem played -- a full day after his victory in the 100 meters.

The kid from Granada seems like a good sport. They showed him exchanging name tags with the South African runner Pistorious (sp?) the day before, and then after he won his race, he immediately went around and shook all the other racers' hands. Good for him and his country.

But as you say, how about paying some attention to ground-breaking results from White athletes? I still haven't heard anything about what Galen Rupp did in the 10km race the other night. If I remember correctly, he's only the 4th American in 100 years to win a medal in that race, and I believe the first non-African in 20+ years to get on the podium in the Olympics. It's a historic achievement on many levels, and the only coverage he got was as a complete after-thought during a segment on Mo Farah, and he was mentioned as his training partner (Farah won that race).

Also, you were correct about the female centric coverage of the games by NBC. There have been times when I wonder if there are any men competing in these games. I wish we had some international perspective on how other countries are covering things, but I suspect the girl-power agenda being promoted is uniquely American, and par for the course.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The "girl-centric" slant to the TV coverage of the Olympics is based on the fact that 90% of men interested in sports are watching their home baseball team instead of these silly games with all of the foreigners. And of course it's part of the agenda.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I dont think full 15 a side internatinal rugby should be added as only 5 or 6 teams will be in serious contention for gold and they already have the world cub but rugby sevens,a faster more crowd pleasing version of the sport should definately be added.The sevens puts alot more emphasis on athleticism so alot more teams around the world are competitive.You can take a great athlete and turn him into a good sevens player and for that reason Russia,US and Canada have decent,competitive sevens teams though their still relative minnows at the full international code.

If blacks were interested in rugby the US would dominate. Look at how good South Africa is!!

Claimjumper

Mentor
It looks like the jewish girl on Tema USA, Aly Raisman, pouted to the judges about her score on her balance beam routine and after her inquiry was accepted, they bumped her score up .1 on execution, which tied her with the Romanian girl in 3rd place, Catalina Ponor. Raisman ended up with the bronze as a result of winning the tie break on higher execution score :kev:

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
so far 7 "athletes" from cameroon "disappeared"
it means that they will not come back to their country and will stay illegally in europe

there was a female soccer player, 5 boxers (all of them lost in the first round) , and a swimmer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
it means that they will not come back to their country and will stay illegally in europe

there was a female soccer player, 5 boxers (all of them lost in the first round) , and a swimmer

Yes, I read this. Looks like they are looking for asylum. Just more blacks that will leach the system for everything it has.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Is this the athlete:
[video=youtube;8rqI8xwXVac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rqI8xwXVac[/video]:biggrin:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Yes, I read this. Looks like they are looking for asylum. Just more blacks that will leach the system for everything it has.

they are telling this?
there is no resaon for a man from cameroon to seek asylum, what they want is money and the female soccer player was open about it
disgusting

Is this the athlete:
:biggrin:

europe NEEDS some swimmers from cameroon, our swimmers are too pasty and not athletic enough :lie:
that swimmer from cameroon will be such a nice add to england :lie:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
they are telling this?
there is no resaon for a man from cameroon to seek asylum, what they want is money and the female soccer player was open about it
disgusting

europe NEEDS some swimmers from cameroon, our swimmers are too pasty and not athletic enough :lie:
that swimmer from cameroon will be such a nice add to england :lie:

Frederic, I was reading the news and I don't remember the source but one website said it is for asylum.

Matra2

Master
As always the Olympics are bringing the world closer together...not.

The USA women's controversial win against Canada has led to FIFA threats to Canadian players who criticised the referee, accusations of American poor sportsmanship, and even the Canadian Prime Minister was forced to answer questions about it at a news conference today.:laugh:

The Canadian media is filled with articles like this:

Ugly Americans rise again as soccer team disses Canadian effort

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...in-soccer-team-disses-canadian-160147757.html

Matra2

Master
I doubt frothing Canadians remember one of their players stepping on the head of an American player:

[video=youtube;Yf1qjIf_oH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1qjIf_oH4[/video]

These Olympics have been full of great sportsmanship.:icon_wink:

Truthteller

Mentor
now they even have "climate refugees": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_migrant
maybe they though it was too warm in their country and decided to look for asylum in england :grin:

Eventually they might even allow "Uncle Tom refugees", who are such prideless and self loathing black males that they'll claim they can't live in a country that doesn't have enough white woman. Who knows, Usain Bolt might be the first to seek asylum using the Uncle Tom defense?...If a military draft is ever implemented in the U.S., Robert Griffin can use it when he tries to flee to Canada?

Usain-Bolt-His-New-Slovakian-Girlfriend-Belle-Lubica-In-Cartoon-By-Clovis-2012.jpg

foobar75

Master
Looks like Thrashen's favorite due won their semifinal match against the Chinese team with an improbable comeback victory today, and will now play for their third straight gold. Maybe someone told them about the post here, but afterwards, I didn't see any obnoxious displays of poor sportsmanship. There were hugs and kisses with the Chinese women, and even the always annoying Misty May appeared to have toned down her post-match antics. Their volleyball talent, skills and championship-winning mentality is unquestionable. I can only wish more White men could display similar attitude and edginess, whether in sports or real-life, instead of the aw-shucks displays we see from most ("I'll do whatever the team wants me to do", "I have no idea how a guy like me can make those plays", etc, you know the drill) .

Anyways, I looked up Kerri Walsh Jennings, and she seems alright to me. Married, with two sons of her own, always wears her wedding ring during the matches, and afterwards, goes around the stadium, acknowledges and then gives every offical, worker, ball boy/girl a high-five. So, I'm not sure if she's done something I've missed to deserve the scorn she's received here.

Last edited:

foobar75

Master
Due to NBC's garbage coverage of these games, I've taken to watching some online streaming action, live, during the day. I only became aware of this Sunday night, after the complaints that US was probably the only country that did not see the men's 100m race live. I don't didn't care much for that 'roid fest, but the streaming option is pretty nice. You see the events live, and you can watch any event of your choice.

I was watching the main Track feed today when I stumbled upon the men's discuss final. It was very exciting, and Germany's Robert Harting won the gold after this 5th throw, just barely beating the guy from Iran.

I didn't realize Harting is quite the showman. After his win, he did an Incredible Hulk impression by tearing off his uniform, much to the delight of the crowd, showing off his solid, impressive build. He then saw that the women's hurdles were set up for the final, and he went over, with the German flag in this hands, and cleared each hurdle with relative ease. While it was done in good fun, we got see a nice display of athleticism from such a big man. As mentioned earlier in this thread, if American football were to find roots in Europe, the sumos would be in big trouble because there'd be a great selection of Northern and Eastern European talent that would put them to shame.

Here's Harting celebrating his gold medal victory:

harts_630.jpg

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Foobar75 said:
Looks like Thrashen's favorite due won their semifinal match against the Chinese team with an improbable comeback victory today, and will now play for their third straight gold. Maybe someone told them about the post here, but afterwards, I didn't see any obnoxious displays of poor sportsmanship. There were hugs and kisses with the Chinese women, and even the always annoying Misty May appeared to have toned down her post-match antics. Their volleyball talent, skills and championship-winning mentality is unquestionable. I can only wish more White men could display similar attitude and edginess, whether in sports or real-life, instead of the aw-shucks displays we see from most ("I'll do whatever the team wants me to do", "I have no idea how a guy like me can make those plays", etc, you know the drill).

Anyways, I looked up Kerri Walsh Jennings, and she seems alright to me. Married, with two sons of her own, always wears her wedding ring during the matches, and afterwards, goes around the stadium, acknowledges and then gives every offical, worker, ball boy/girl a high-five. So, I'm not sure if she's done something I've missed to deserve the scorn she's received here.

Agreed. From what I saw, May-Treanor and Walsh-Jennings weren’t obnoxious whatsoever during that match with China. No berating of the officials, no smugness, no bragging, no ill-mannered post-match antics, and limited fist-pumping or “primal screams†when you’re already crushing an opponent. Perhaps they didn’t act this way because they were playing a non-white opponent and it was a very close match? I’ve never doubted that they are the most accomplished, most talented female beach volleyball team of all time…I just wasn’t thrilled with their style or attitude, which has been bully-like during the 2012 Olympics.

Also, for what it’s worth, a great majority of the non-white members of the U.S. women’s track team seem to be respectful, well-spoken, and very gracious competitors. Sprinter Sanya Richards-Ross, who is married to NFL cornerback, Aaron Ross, seems like a very nice woman. 100m hurdler, Dawn Harper (who lost by inches to white Aussie, Sally Pearson), displayed a wonderful attitude in her post-race interview after winning the silver in that event. 30-year old hurdler, Lolo Jones, is supposedly still a virgin who is waiting for marriage. Sprinter Allyson Felix, the daughter of a minister, also seems like a very good person. Hurdler and rape/molestation victim, Kellie Wells, also displayed a very pleasant demeanor after taking bronze in the 100m hurdles…

543812-sally-pearson-gold.jpg

CAPTION: Aussie, Sally Pearson, Wins Gold

I’m also surprised to see Bolt dating that Slavic mud-wrestler. There are at least some attractive women within every race (sans perhaps Aboriginal Australians), and black Caribbean women (Jamaican, Haitian, Dominican, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Trinidad/Tobago, etc) are typically much better looking than their African cousins. What sort of non-mixed man, of any race, would want to taint something as tangible and sacred as his own bloodline? For a negro, Bolt has alot to be proud of, particularly if he's clean.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I have to say I was perplexed by respected members overt criticism towards Walsh and May. They are accomplished and have proven themselves already winning prior gold medals for the past 2 Olympics. Now they will face another White American tandem for the gold medal. I have mixed feelings. Should the famous current White duo win their 3rd gold or have another White American upstart Duo take over? I have not made up my mind. Bottom line Walsh and May are elite, married to White men, have White Children and have extreme passion during and after their performances. Whats not to like. They both walk the walk and talk the talk.

As for the women's gynmastic team. Order in a way was restored. Douglas bombed out on the uneven bars, coming in last. Maronney got the silver, by inexpectibly falling down on her landing. She could not stick the final landing. If she had remained upright, even with a step, the gold was hers.

Raisman, got the gold in the floor excercise and bronze in the balance beam. So what if she is part Jewish. She seems to be an outstanding youngester. I was glad for her. Question? is being part Jew or full Jew the new "affelet" at CF? And for those inquiring minds I am not Jewish. :israel:

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Sally Pearson!! Great accomplishment. Now, hoping CL can medal in the 200 meters. A silver would be excellent. Hope he can astonish tommorrow.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I found myself pulling for May and Walsh against the Chinese. Still the comments made toward the Italian girl the other day rub me the wrong way. Walsh made an excellence save on a ball late in the final set which somehow she converted into a winner. It may have saved the set and the match for the team.

Check out the Epke Zonderland’s spectacular gold medal performance for the Netherlands on the horizontal bar:

[video=youtube;qxLSGBeDPFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxLSGBeDPFE[/video]

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the Epke Zonderland’s spectacular gold medal performance for the Netherlands on the horizontal bar:

[video=youtube;qxLSGBeDPFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxLSGBeDPFE[/video]

I watched that last night on NBC. It really was spectacular, very difficult and executed flawlessly.