2012 Georgia Bulldogs

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I hope you're wrong, but I'm afraid you're right. :icon_neutral: CMR isn't at the (tip)top of caste(an) coaches, but he's certainly towards the top. :frown:

I hope that isn't true either, but like Dixie said, knowing Richt, he'll try his darndest to get rid of guys like Merritt Hall (starting FB) or Connor Norman (SHOULD start at S this year.)

All told, this is what Georgia's white starting lineup should be this year:

Offense
QB- Aaron Murray
FB- Merritt Hall
WR- Michael Bennett
TE- Arthur Lynch
LG-Dallas Lee
C- David Andrews
RT- John Theus

Defense
OLB- Chase Vasser
FS- Connor Norman

This is what is should be, but I have a feeling Richt thinks this is too close to putting a half white starting 22 on the field. :frown:

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Well just to update Jack Lambert, the post-spring depth chart for UGA was released.

Offense:
QB: Aaron Murray
FB: Merritt Hall
WR: Michael Bennett
TE: Arthur Lynch
LG: Dallas Lee
C: Davis Andrews

Karempelis is the 4th string back, McGowan is the back up to Bennett, Vasser is second string as is true freshman LB Ryne Rankin. CB Blaike Sailors is 3rd string and S Connor Norman is 2nd.

Well just to update Jack Lambert, the post-spring depth chart for UGA was released.

Offense:
QB: Aaron Murray
FB: Merritt Hall
WR: Michael Bennett
TE: Arthur Lynch
LG: Dallas Lee
C: Davis Andrews

Karempelis is the 4th string back, McGowan is the back up to Bennett, Vasser is second string as is true freshman LB Ryne Rankin. CB Blaike Sailors is 3rd string and S Connor Norman is 2nd.

It could be a good year on offense for Georgia. Those guys are probably going to all start, and there are a couple of battles on the OL that could still go white. I'd be shocked if John Theus doesn't start at OT, and most of the backups are white. Also, when they go three or four wide, McGowan is often the guy who is added. You could see as many as 8 white players on the field at times, with 7 the norm. That's a better % than the state population!

On defense, Conner Norman will get at least a couple of starts, much to the dismay of the DWFs. The affelete in front of him is suspended......... again. Different affelete, same result.