2011 Undrafted Rookie Free Agents

M

mattgianone

Since I have counted 52 current white Wide Receivers on NFL rosters, I was wondering how many of them do you think will be on the sqad come September? Im going to guess about 38. I like Tyler Beilers chances in San Fran and I bet Joe Hastings makes the practice squad. I dont think Dan Depalma has a chance in hell in NY though.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Since I have counted 52 current white Wide Receivers on NFL rosters, I was wondering how many of them do you think will be on the sqad come September? Im going to guess about 38. I like Tyler Beilers chances in San Fran and I bet Joe Hastings makes the practice squad. I dont think Dan Depalma has a chance in hell in NY though.

If I recall correctly, I believe the past few seasons the average number of wide receivers on active rosters was pretty close to 20. If we get better than that(around 25) it would be a nice improvement. Let's be optimistic at least for now.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If I recall, it was only 18 white WRs on NFL rosters last year and 16 the year before. From the growing pool of small schoolers entering the NFL and the success of white small schoolers like WR Marc Mariani and Danny Woodhead (at tailback) and more fan awareness of performance evaluations (with fantasy football helping)- this number should go up significantly this year I predict. I know this is a bold statement, but I predict around 30-35 white WRs this year (an average of around 1 per team) with all the talented white prospects this year.

Looking at the names mentioned in the pre-season thread- few of the white players aren't qualified to be on NFL rosters. At a quick glance I did, there looks to be only about 3-5 who aren't good enough to make some team in the league's roster by merit. Of course if 35 white WRs make it- the NFL will inflate the number of black OLs and QBs to keep things "balanced".

Last edited: