2011 Penn State Nittany Lions

white is right

Hall of Famer
IMO JoePa has seemed like Mr. Magoo for about 10 years and it's pretty clear he delegates responsibility much more than he did when his teams were better in the late 80's. That said if the board of trustees had a set they probably should pull the plug on the team for the rest of the year. I know in the past teams have been disbanded for less(corruption). The team/athletic department needs to be built from the ground up.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
That said if the board of trustees had a set they probably should pull the plug on the team for the rest of the year. I know in the past teams have been disbanded for less(corruption). The team/athletic department needs to be built from the ground up.

Isn't that a little extreme? all those kids and other adults should be punished for something they had nothing to do with? How is that fair? and how will it help at all for the victims ?

Really all I have heard for the last few days is people wanting vengeance for something they didn't have anything to do with and don't even know all the facts yet. Yet they feel their personal moral outrage is enough that everyone even the slightest involved in the situation should be furiously punished.

white is right

Hall of Famer
IMO the lack of action by the people in charge has brought the program to the brink of this. I really don't think forfeiting 3 games and bowl appearance will be hurting the underclassmen too much, of course it's terrible for somebody like Suhey who is an NFL prospect, but it's not like pro scouts won't still show up for Penn. States' pro day in the spring. Really there is no perfect solution to this mess. :thumbdown:

"As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught."

I wonder if this creepo was doing this to any of the players, or better yet high school recruits visiting the college. I hope somebody is looking into this.

Menelik

Mentor
Isn't that a little extreme? all those kids and other adults should be punished for something they had nothing to do with? How is that fair? and how will it help at all for the victims ? Really all I have heard for the last few days is people wanting vengeance for something they didn't have anything to do with and don't even know all the facts yet. Yet they feel their personal moral outrage is enough that everyone even the slightest involved in the situation should be furiously punished.
As a teacher in the state of Georgia I can face criminal charges for not reporting suspected cases of child abuse. Btw just read that Joe has been fired:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...buse-scandal-board-of-trustees-meeting-110911

Last edited:

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Somehow I get the feeling that the public's anger will have a general, tangential slant against White men in power rather than what it should really focus on, namely a. arrest the freak Sandusky as an individual, and throw him in jail, and b. society's efforts to "normalize" sodomy can't hide the fact that way too many gays are just psychotic child-touchers.

— and Penn State hires an affirmative action coach in 5... 4... 3...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Somehow I get the feeling that the public's anger will have a general, tangential slant against White men in power rather than what it should really focus on, namely a. arrest the freak Sandusky as an individual, and throw him in jail, and b. society's efforts to "normalize" sodomy can't hide the fact that way too many gays are just psychotic child-touchers.

and Penn State hires an affirmative action coach in 5... 4... 3...

They've replaced Paterno with Tom Bradley, like Sandusky another long-time Paterno crony and the man who was the subject of my Happy Hour post in 2004, referenced in Post 17 of this thread when the story broke.

wile

Master
Sorry my friends but I do believe you will find outfits like this to be little more than a cult on a grand scale, especially since they have had a totem in place for decades. How many former players knew that Sandusky was a psycho perv, or how large was his circle of pervs?

I'm giving it 50/50 that we have nothing but the tip of the iceberg here and that Sandusky had accomplices and that the gay mafia looked the other way.

Like I said the soft underbelly of cultural marxism has shown itself.

Highlander

Mentor
I'm starting to wonder if they waited until right after Paterno got his most recent victory that made him the most winning coach in college football history over Eddie Robinson to break this story. The timing seems odd to me.

Claimjumper

Mentor
I'm starting to wonder if they waited until right after Paterno got his most recent victory that made him the most winning coach in college football history over Eddie Robinson to break this story. The timing seems odd to me.

That same thought crossed my mind right after the news broke...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

The Hock

Master
Frank Kush, Woody Hayes, and Jim Tressel squared doesn't come near the ugly of this one.
Joseph Paterno the corrupt old man and the others involved in the cover-up should be charged with some sort of crime. Too bad for the good kids, but the progam needs to shut down maybe for good.

The Penn State NAMBLA Lions are done.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the links currently on the Drudge Report. It looks like both criminal and civil cases will be forthcoming against all involved, including Paterno. I just hope that if the widespread perversion involved isn't going on only at PSU, that the whole edifice is brought down. College football has been a corrupt big business for a long time, even leaving out the criminal way White high school football players are discriminated against when it comes to recruiting and playing opportunities.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Check out the links currently on the Drudge Report. It looks like both criminal and civil cases will be forthcoming against all involved, including Paterno. I just hope that if the widespread perversion involved isn't going on only at PSU, that the whole edifice is brought down. College football has been a corrupt big business for a long time, even leaving out the criminal way White high school football players are discriminated against when it comes to recruiting and playing opportunities.

Don, sorry but I'm a bit puzzled on this one. Why would Paterno face criminal charges? Do the prosecutors feel they have enough to charge him with obstruction of justice or something of that nature?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know conclusively that Paterno will face criminal charges. Just saying that the perversion at Penn State and its coverup will likely take the form of additional civil and criminal actions in addition to the charges against Sandusky. I'd be surprised if Paterno isn't named as a defendant in at least one civil suit, but it's too early to know how it will all end up as each day brings new information and revelations. The victims, however many there are -- and there could be a lot more -- will likely sue for damages in civil court and I don't see how Paterno wouldn't be involved given his unchallenged authority over all things related to Penn State football.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't know conclusively that Paterno will face criminal charges. Just saying that the perversion at Penn State and its coverup will likely take the form of additional civil and criminal actions in addition to the charges against Sandusky. I'd be surprised if Paterno isn't named as a defendant in at least one civil suit, but it's too early to know how it will all end up as each day brings new information and revelations. The victims, however many there are -- and there could be a lot more -- will likely sue for damages in civil court and I don't see how Paterno wouldn't be involved given his unchallenged authority over all things related to Penn State football.

Thanks for that Don. The only way Paterno could face criminal charges is if he covered things up things with investigators. I sure hope that's not that case.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I also hope Paterno isn't charged with any crimes. His 61 year coaching career and being the winningest coach ever will always be greatly tarnished because of Sandusky and the way his revolting perversion was handled over a long period of time. But, if he was part of covering it up. . . let's hope not.

Westside

Hall of Famer
If it turns out to be true that Paterno was advised of Sundasky's appalling acts with children and did nothing, then I have no pity for Joe. As we speak his legacy will always come back to this.

Just think if your 10 year old son was sodomized by an adult at major university and no one looked out for him.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
If it turns out to be true that Paterno was advised of Sundasky's appalling acts with children and did nothing, then I have no pity for Joe. As we speak his legacy will always come back to this.

Just think if your 10 year old son was sodomized by an adult at major university and no one looked out for him.

I agree, if this is true, I have nothing for Joe Paterno.

It's also very disturbing, seeing Penn State students rioting and supporting Paterno after possibly knowing what he didn't do to follow up on the pervert Sandusky. Paterno is responsible in some way.

Why are the students supporting Paterno? Are they sick? What does this say about our society?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Similar to the Vancouver rioters, the rioters (I think) are rioting to riot. Really it's the same clueless protesting that many of the occupy protesters have. The average rioter from last night probably drank the equivalent of a Mickey and would have overturned any car in their path.:thumbdown:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Similar to the Vancouver rioters, the rioters (I think) are rioting to riot. Really it's the same clueless protesting that many of the occupy protesters have. The average rioter from last night probably drank the equivalent of a Mickey and would have overturned any car in their path.:thumbdown:
True...& they're a bunch of snot nosed heathens.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah, these misguided young soon to be DWFs should be rioting against the castesystem at Penn and every other major university.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Penn State was probably actually competitive back in the days when their football teams were "more White".

Now that the school's lost the one reason for the average schmo to even recognize they exist as a school (that "reason" being the old man Joe Paterno) they will probably join the New York Knicks in the bevy of formerly great sports teams that rely on their grand past to overcome the current state of their massive suckage.