2011 College Football Team Write-Ups

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Ok, I've massivley updated my team's list on the first page. Who's doing what team and if the teams are done is updated!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I like Colonel Reb's write-ups, where he mentions 2nd-string athletes that may be in the mix to get PT. I think it gives us a broader understanding of where Whites stand on these different teams.

I would suggest that previews (especially for the big-time programs) be done that way, or, if people want to, just try to post a link to the depth-chart in the team preview. User-friendliness and the quick access to broader information is a goal to strive for.

And, if the previews are being done this early, a good depth-chart link in the original post would likely make updating the "projected starters" even easier. And, football, being a contact sport, also has the ever-present injury equation which can change a depth-chart instantly.

I'm definitely open to doing some previews, but this is a little early IMO. In a few weeks, I'll see what teams' are left and will do some.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Deadlift, I usually try to post backups in most of my previews, but in some cases there aren't very many backups. Most of my previews do have backups listed for them, at least the bigger schools do. I usually try to do "key" backups, but some teams, I've listed most of them.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
Deadlift, I usually try to post backups in most of my previews, but in some cases there aren't very many backups. Most of my previews do have backups listed for them, at least the bigger schools do. I usually try to do "key" backups, but some teams, I've listed most of them.

I generally enjoy your (and celticdb15's) previews.. no offense was meant.

leonardfan's, though, could use a little more info..
smiley2.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Jack Lambert said:

smiley2.gif

None taken, Deadlift.
smiley1.gif
I would post the team's history of white starters in my previews too, but I believe referendum posted that he wanted to post those, so I generally didn't do that this year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
Deadlift said:
Jack Lambert said:

smiley2.gif

None taken, Deadlift.
smiley1.gif
I would post the team's history of white starters in my previews too, but I believe referendum posted that he wanted to post those, so I generally didn't do that this year.

I forgot about referendum's post. I usually look that info up when doing my previews anyway. Despite the hiccups we've had along the way so far this year, I'm glad to be getting so much help! There has never been this level of interest in doing previews before and it is nice to see.
smiley32.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
For a few teams I did provide some back up players of note. I figure I can lay the the foundation and since these threads are kept alive throughout the season others can feel free to add input as desired.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just so everyone knows ahead of time, I'm taking Illinois and Wisconsin from whiteathlete33 and celticdb15. It's only fair.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Truth is I don't want to do those teams. I'd hoped to get a response from celtic about BYU, but I guess he didn't read my comments.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jack,

Can I claim Louisiana Tech, South Carolina, Hawaii and Utah? No one really has claimed Utah??

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Jack,

Can I claim Louisiana Tech, South Carolina, Hawaii and Utah? No one really has claimed Utah??

Go for it Deadlift!
smiley1.gif

On a side note, I really am surprised nobody chose Utah yet, too.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Truth is I don't want to do those teams. I'd hoped to get a response from celtic about BYU, but I guess he didn't read my comments.
<div></div><div>Really am sorry about that Reb!!
smiley9.gif
</div><div></div><div>Been busy as of late. It really is cool to see more posters get involved in these previews, and if you want to do Wisconsin I can swallow my pride lol </div>

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Its ok celtic, you can do Wisconsin.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it's great to see so many folks helping out with the team previews this year. i can recall when 1 person (Colonel Reb) did virtually all the team previews (with maybe a little help from someone else occasionally for a team or two). this year, so many people are chipping in that friendly rivalries over who does a team have cropped up. thatis exciting to me. Caste Football is really growing! keep up the good work, gentlemen!
smiley20.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I've completed Temple, UAB, Memphis, ULL, ULM, Auburn, Rutgers, Idaho, New Miss, Mississippi State, Air Force, Hawaii, and Georgia.

wa33 completed Washington

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just posted LSU as well.