2010 Week 13

snow

Mentor
I think we got too far ahead of ourselves, he is coming off a huge game where he had 31 touches. Now playing with a bad game plan and a mediocre qb. The right side of the line seems to dissapear every other game. They got the win, which is good since people will mention the losses when talking about Hillis, even though it was beyond his control.

57 yards rushing, 22 receiving

So next week i won't be so stressed about whether he will break 1k or not.

Edited by: snow

Westside said:
Its good the Browns won. Now on to Buffalo where the 1000 yds will fall.

It is better that the Browns won than it would have been if Hillis had gained 95 yards in a loss. He'll go over a thousand next week and hopefully the Browns will have a respectable won-lost record at year's end.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
Westside said:
Its good the Browns won. Now on to Buffalo where the 1000 yds will fall.

It is better that the Browns won than it would have been if Hillis had gained 95 yards in a loss. He'll go over a thousand next week and hopefully the Browns will have a respectable won-lost record at year's end.

I agree!

snow said:
Patrick said:
GiovaniMarcon said:
Even if Hillis didn't actually go over 1,000 yards for the season, I still think he's made huge leaps toward smashing stereotypes. Going over 1,000 yards is more of a moral victory, because even if he does, all the DWFs and jealous Blacks will still add qualifiers to all of his accomplishments. Having said all that, I'd like to see him go over a grand; no pressure to do it in any particular game, though. It would be cool if he went over 1,000 and scored a touchdown in the process, and his team went into a delay of game penalty to celebrate.
<div> </div>
<div>There are no moral victories in the caste system, only numbers - if he does not go over 1000 yards then he mind as well have never played the game.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>You know why we base so much importance on base 10?  Because we have ten fingers - that is the ONLY reason.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Peyton needs 1000 yards this year in order to smash the stereotypes - other whites have had 100 yard games but it has been decades since a white has had a 1000 yard season - it DOES matter.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
I just don't understand why yards from scrimmage don't count, most of the passes are from behind the line, just extended handoffs, should white backs be penalized for having great hands, multiple backs have gone for over 1100 from scrimmage since 85 despite not being the feature back. 1,000 yards is a 1,000 yards. 13 tds is 13 tds.

The yards a back gains on a pass play have never counted toward the back's rushing total. For example, when Jim Brown and Bobby Mitchell were the Cleveland Brown RBs from 1958-61, they would catch a 2-yard pass from Milt Plum and turn it into a 60-yard TD. The yardage went in their receiving totals.

foobar75

Master
This definitely sets up for a better scenario. The Browns can at worst go 2-2 in their next 4 games, and finish 7-9, which is a respectable record. 8-8 is not out of the question either.

Hillis is probably due for at least 1, maybe 2 100yd games, so he could finish the year with 1200+ yards rushing. I'd really like to see him get past Craig James' 1227. He needs 266 yards for that, very much a possibility.Edited by: foobar75

snow

Mentor
sport historian said:
snow said:
Patrick said:
GiovaniMarcon said:
Even if Hillis didn't actually go over 1,000 yards for the season, I still think he's made huge leaps toward smashing stereotypes. Going over 1,000 yards is more of a moral victory, because even if he does, all the DWFs and jealous Blacks will still add qualifiers to all of his accomplishments. Having said all that, I'd like to see him go over a grand; no pressure to do it in any particular game, though. It would be cool if he went over 1,000 and scored a touchdown in the process, and his team went into a delay of game penalty to celebrate.

<div></div>

<div>There are no moral victories in the caste system, only numbers - if he does not go over 1000 yards then he mind as well have never played the game.</div>

<div></div>

<div>You know why we base so much importance on base 10? Because we have ten fingers - that is the ONLY reason.</div>

<div></div>

<div>Peyton needs 1000 yards this year in order to smash the stereotypes - other whites have had 100 yard games but it has been decades since a white hashad a 1000 yard season - it DOES matter.</div>

<div></div>

<div></div>
I just don't understand why yards from scrimmage don't count, most of the passes are from behind the line, just extended handoffs, should white backs be penalized for having great hands, multiple backs have gone for over 1100 from scrimmage since 85 despite not being the feature back. 1,000 yards is a 1,000 yards. 13 tds is 13 tds.

The yards a back gains on a pass play have never counted toward the back's rushing total. For example, when Jim Brown and Bobby Mitchell were the Cleveland Brown RBs from 1958-61, they would catch a 2-yard pass from Milt Plum and turn it into a 60-yard TD. The yardage went in their receiving totals.

Im aware of that. I know it doesn't go into rushing total. I never implied that it did, but when people talk about backs, they often include yards from scrimmage, like "Chris Johnson had the most yards from scrimmage" even though he didn't break the rushing record. I am just saying it should be included when discussing how talented a back is, and when they say no white guy has had 1,000 yards since 85, well technically not rushing, but from scrimmage, yes it has been done several times. 1,000 yards by a back is 1,000 yards, and it has been done 4 times since 1985, all went over 1100. If numerous white guys can get over 1,000 yards in a season at runningback without even being the main ball carrier, why not have more on the field seeing the ball, even occasionally? The argument has always been the 1k rushing mark, I am just saying that isn't the only thing you should judge a back by. It doesn't matter because Hillis is 38 yards away from breaking that mark.

Riddlewire

Master
foobar75 said:
Hillis is probably due for at least 1, maybe 2 100yd games, so he could finish the year with 1200+ yards rushing. I'd really like to see him get past Craig James' 1227. He needs 266 yards for that, very much a possibility.

The problem is that Cleveland has revealed that they are unwilling to divert from their short yardage passing strategy. Their upcoming opponents will do exactly what Miami did. Eight in the box and man coverage. Sure, Delhomme might hit a long pass or two. But nobody thinks he can do it repeatedly. Peyton's yardage totals will most likely be way down for the rest of the season.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
GiovaniMarcon said:
Are my eyes lying to me, or is Dallas starting 7 Whites on offense today, including QB Kitna?

Who? They have Kitna, FB Gronkowski, TE Witten, and Three OL.

Csonka72

Hillis didn't have a great day but regardless, he is closer than ever to that 1000 yard mark that hasn't been broken by a white running back in seemingly forever. Plus, the Browns won, and overall the future is bright with McCoy and Hillis forming a QB-RB tandem that Holmgren and the Browns can build around. You can turn around things quickly in today's NFL; I wouldn't be surprised if next year brings the playoffs to the Browns with Hillis having a chance to shine on a more national stage.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Bungles and Blackskins... It should have been 4 picks for McDrabb, but the afroletic Giants' dropped 2 of them..

McDrabb's "pocket-presence" was terrible at times.. and Stephon Heyer is a CLASSIC example of "big for nothing" (doesn't have an athletic bone in his body). I hope Terrelle Pryor and Cam Newton end-up having sumo-lines.
smiley16.gif

snow

Mentor
hester made a block and took the linebacker out of the play but wound up on the ground, tolbert couldn;t manage to jump over his legs and tripped, otherwise it would have been wide open. Its not that hard to jump such a short distance when running, ive seen plenty of big backs do this. I didn't have the volume up, but they put the camera on Hester, not sure if they were blaming him

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Apparently, the game announces for Colts vs.Cowboys are contractually obligated to say "Pierre Garcon" at least 20 times per minute.

white is right

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
Apparently, the game announces for Colts vs.Cowboys are contractually obligated to say "Pierre Garcon" at least 20 times per minute.
Maybe their boning up on their french before they hit the Parisian restaurants....
smiley2.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Whites' play hard, and there's NOTHING wrong with that.. that is not a "negative" trait!

Hopefully, games like Tennessee getting crushed at home will wake some people up! I have no sympathy for either of those "teams"..

white is right

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
foobar75 said:
Hillis is probably due for at least 1, maybe 2 100yd games, so he could finish the year with 1200+ yards rushing. I'd really like to see him get past Craig James' 1227. He needs 266 yards for that, very much a possibility.

The problem is that Cleveland has revealed that they are unwilling to divert from their short yardage passing strategy. Their upcoming opponents will do exactly what Miami did. Eight in the box and man coverage. Sure, Delhomme might hit a long pass or two. But nobody thinks he can do it repeatedly. Peyton's yardage totals will most likely be way down for the rest of the season.
Yes it's similar to the strategy when Wallace was the QB. Beyond Wallace rolling out and creating a play with his legs. The defenses are asking Delhomme to beat them deep.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
emt1 said:
So how much more till Hillis gets to the 1000 yard mark?

Should be 38 yards to 1,000.

emt1

Guru
Hmm... with Farve getting hurt today and the dwf's slobbering over jackson, farve's season is done and it does'nt look good for Toby Gerhardt. Also I bet the afroletes played harder for jackson than they did for farve.