2010 Oregon Ducks

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Oregon black quarterback says Fairley plays anything but. I tend to agree.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/news/story?id=5995808

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Auburn
defensive tackle Nick Fairley gained what his teammates and coaches
said was an unfair reputation this season of being a dirty player.

<blockquote ="mod-quote- quote--right mod-inline">
"</span>

ncf_i_thomasd_65.jpg

Oh yeah, we've seen he's got a lot of dirty plays, throwing people
around after the play and things like that. But that's just football. I
don't worry about it because it's a physical game.

"Â￾</span>
<cite>-- Oregon's Darron Thomas</cite>
</blockquote>

Oregon quarterback Darron Thomas said Thursday it was warranted.

"Oh yeah, we've seen he's got a lot of dirty plays, throwing people
around after the play and things like that," Thomas said Thursday. "But
that's just football. I don't worry about it because it's a physical
game."

Fairley, the Lombardi Award winner, was especially hard on quarterbacks. He knocked Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett out of the game with a concussion, and Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray also had to leave the game in the fourth quarter after being hit in the knee by Fairley.

Earlier in that game, Fairley was penalized 15 yards for spearing Murray in the back with his helmet.

Thomas said he wasn't sweating the 6-5, 298-pound Fairley coming after
him Monday night in the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game.

"If it happens, it happens," Thomas said. "You've just got to get back up for the next play."

<blockquote ="mod-quote- quote--left mod-inline">
"</span>

ncf_u_fairley_65.jpg

I go out there and try to make plays for my team. If it's me playing dirty, if that's what they call it, that's what it is.

"Â￾</span>
<cite>-- Auburn's Nick Fairley</cite>
</blockquote>

Fairley, who led the SEC with 10½ sacks, has shrugged off the
season-long chatter of his being a dirty player, and he did again
Thursday.

"I just go out there and give it 110 percent," Fairley said. "I go out
there and try to make plays for my team. If it's me playing dirty, if
that's what they call it, that's what it is."

Auburn defensive coordinator Ted Roof acknowledged getting Fairley to
tone it down this season with some of his antics after the play, but
doesn't buy the rap that Fairley is dirty.

"He plays hard, and he plays physical, and we don't apologize for that," Roof said.

TwentyTwo

Master
The Oregon Ducks 2011 Recruiting Class is looking STRONG! Expect a BIG IMPACT from 2 difference makers....

"Athlete" - Colt Lyerla 6'5" 225 (4.56) who may be too dangerous to not play defensive side of the ball....but curious to see him become another Brandon Jacobs-type RB...not a stretch!

On the Hoof: Lyerla's frame could hold another 25 pounds. He has to be the spitting image of Brian Urlacher when he was a senior at the University of New Mexico.
Needs Improvement: He plays running back in high school, which is one of the few positions he does not project at in college. Getting reps at tight end, defensive end or linebacker is a necessity for the mental part of the game to take hold.
Most Impressive: He is an athletic anomaly who can test off the charts - even at the NFL combine - right now. Lyerla has superior overall body structure and could project at several positions at the next level. He is athletic enough to play receiver or safety at some colleges.
Conclusion: The last athlete that had this much physical size and talent while playing running back in high school was Julius Peppers. Lyerla could excel at multiple positions. Which position he will play in college will really depend on how quickly he can have an impact for his team at a certain spot

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Colt-Lyerla-96622;_ylt=AmNolZZi4yTOqjPSncGNaAdDPZB4

AND.......
DT Jared Ebert 6'-5" 285 (4.8!)(Top Rated JUCO DT in U.S.) Western Iowa CC

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Jared-Ebert-113609;_ylt=AptW3WzTHE64YowC3nIsynNDPZB4

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Biased recruiters are one of the cogs that keeps the anti-White Caste System going. Here's a recent example.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/NCAA-asks-Oregon-to-hand-over-evidence-of-recruiting-service-use-030411
</span>

Oregon says it has been contacted by the NCAA to provide documentation about its use of a pair of recruiting services.

The Ducks also said in a statement Friday that school officials had
contacted the Pac-10 about payments to two agencies that purportedly
provided information about potential football recruits. Oregon does not
dispute that it paid for the services.

''We have been asked to provide a series of documents by the NCAA and
intend to fully cooperate,'' Oregon athletic director Rob Mullens said.
''I reiterate that it is our belief that the purchase of such services
is within the allowable NCAA guidelines.''

Yahoo! Sports and ESPN reported Thursday that Oregon paid $28,000 to
two men who ran recruiting services that typically provide biographical
information and video about high school players. If either man guided a
recruit to Oregon, it would violate NCAA rules.

Documents show the Ducks paid $25,000 to Will Lyles of Complete
Scouting Services in Houston. Lyles has a mentoring relationship with
Ducks running back Lache Seastrunk and is also tied to running back LaMichael James, a Heisman trophy finalist.

Both Seastrunk and James are from Texas.

Oregon also paid $3,745 to Baron Flenory of New Level Athletics.
Flenory told Yahoo he also ran a recruiting service that provided Oregon
with information about potential recruits, but the company no longer
operates because of a change in NCAA rules.

The Ducks went 12-1 this past season, falling to Auburn in the BCS
title game. They were ranked No. 3 in the final Top 25. James led the
nation in rushing with 1,731 yards.

Rumors had been swirling for the past week that Oregon was facing a possible investigation into recruiting violations.

Attempts to reach Flenory and Lyles were unsuccessful.

Riddlewire

Master
Although this isn't specifically about Oregon, here is more information about this recruiting services issue. Normally, I wouldn't give a second thought to this mess. Teams cheat, recruiters are scum. This is nearly my entire reason for being a member of these forums, so it's not news to me. But this Flenory dude is a real piece of work. Here he is claiming racism against the media because he sells recruiting lists to schools
smiley128.gif

Flenory, who is African-American, thinks that there could be a racial component to the media and NCAA targeting people deemed a "third party" who are involved with players' recruitment outside of their high school coaches and parents. "Hell yeah," he said. "I read a story that had all the kids that went to Oregon and all the black kids. This kid went there, Lache Seastrunk went there, this kid went there. Look at Oregon's roster and then tell me how many kids are actually on the roster that came to our camp? A lot more than the ones they named that were all black."

Also, there's this tidbit about one of his clients:

Barnett, who transferred high schools five times, also had an up and down recruitment that included a verbal commitment to Oklahoma during his junior year. The 6-foot-6, 250-pound tight end later committed to Arkansas before taking an official visit to Michigan right before Signing Day. Issues in his personal life are one reason why Barnett soured on the Razorbacks, according to Flenory.
"Where I come from mentors are needed. Not everybody needs them, but there's some that do. There was a time when my hard-working parents couldn't keep me in line and a big homie said, 'yo, chill out.' That's needed.

Just in case Mr. Flenory or the NCAA needs some help with this, I'll try to explain it in simple terms.
A troubled youth with "issues in his personal life" doesn't transfer schools FIVE times during high school. That's not the behavior of a poor black family. That's the behavior of a hired mercenary whose family is getting paid.

Riddlewire

Master
Anybody watch the Oregon Spring Game?
It was on during the draft. I noticed it, but wasn't interested enough to watch. Stats are available, though.
Colt Lyerla caught 3 passes for 37 yards. That's decent for an early high school entrant.
Senior TE David Paulson led the opposing team with 4 catches for 42 yards.
Only two white WR caught passes in the game. So Chad Delaney and Jr Justin Hoffman each had one catch.
Oregon has no white RBs on the roster.
White defensive players were led by Sr LB Blake Thompson with 8 tackles. JUCO transfer DT Isaac Remington had 2 TFL for 8 yards. Senior DE Nick Musgrove had 2 tackles and 1 sack for 9 yards.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White LB Kiko Alonso suspended indefinitely

EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon linebacker Kiko Alonso has pleaded guilty to
misdemeanor charges of trespassing and criminal mischief stemming from
his arrest last Sunday.

Alonso was sentenced Friday morning in
Lane County Circuit Court to two years of probation, 200 hours of
community service and alcohol treatment.

Alonso, 20, was arrested after he broke into a stranger's home last weekend. Police found him sleeping in a bed there.

Oregon coach Chip Kelly suspended Alonso indefinitely after his arrest.

The
junior was also suspended by Kelly for all of last season after he was
arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicants.

The Ducks went 12-1, claiming the Pacific-10 title before falling to Auburn in the BCS Championship Game in January.

Although he was allowed to practice with the team last season, Alonso was limited while he recovered from knee surgery.

The
junior was a projected starter this season, replacing Casey Matthews at
middle linebacker. His arrest came hours after he played in Oregon's
annual spring game.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6493702