2010 NCAA Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Lambert said:
Michigan State knocks out the Thugs from Tennessee.
smiley1.gif

Now hoping for a Duke win. Even though West Virginia is mostly black, they use about 2-4 white subs, so I'm glad they beat Coach Calipone and Kentucky.

This could be one of the better final fours we've had in a while. Here's to hoping for a Duke/Butler final.
smiley4.gif

The Big Orange fans took it pretty hard!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Toby Hillis said:
Not only are both Duke and Butler white friendly, if these two meet in the championship game, The 2 best players on each team are white (Scheyer/Singler and Hayward/Howard)! In other words, they arent just scrappy, hard working, blah blah blah white b-ball players that supplement the affletes, THEY ARE THE STARS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAMS!!!! 
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>BTW-anyone catch JJ Redick tearing it up, tonight???

Good Post, Toby Hillis. The white starters on both teams are clearly the stars and the only role player is Zoubeck and he is a good one at that. I am a huge Duke fan and have been one since the mid-80's and can't wait for next weekend. I expect Singler to bounce back and have his usual 20 points or so.
By the way, I did catch a blurb on ESPN about Redick "tearing it up last night' 23 points. 8 rebounds and six assists.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thrashen, I saw some of what was wrote at Bleecher Report and thought it so infantile as to not warrant a response. True idiots they are.

TwentyTwo

Master
Man between the Sports-talk &amp; politrix...this has to be one of the Best Website's of All-Time!

CONGRATS to Duke!!Scheyer and Smith hit some BIG-TIME clutch shots! The two early fouls just seem to take Singler out of his game...I am very confident he will bouce-back strong in the Final Four! The casual status-quo dwf's are truly unaware of the Plumlee brothers as great athlete's coming off the bench at 6'-10"...just freshman; they will only get better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPWCU7jmkxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqmfa0MdLnc&amp;feature=related

BTW Bigunreal..I felt the game was much better officiated in the 2nd half...the foul-call on the Baylor player vs Zoubek was big...Zoubek brings some good big-man toughness; excellent rebounder!

CBS announcers Len Elmore and the other dude were glowing all over the "Baby-Faced Assassin" Gordon Hayward-Butler(22pts 9reb)..as TJR said he's very versitlie and got serious skills! At 6'-9" he can run some point; made an incredible body ajustment on an alley-oop lay up....probably the Best NBA Draft Prospect in the FINAL 4! Howard &amp; Mack compliment him well!Hahn is a sharp-shooter off the bench...look-out if he can start to get it cranked up!

Here's hoping for a Duke-Bulter Show-down!!
Edited by: TwentyTwo

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Singler really struggled yesterday. Hopefully he can get his game together because the Blue Devils really need him to put points on the board in this next game. Despite what the media and DWF's will have you believe Scheyer is very athletic. I saw him drive and get in the lane multiple times yesterday and in other games as well. Don't see how this kid might not play in the NBA.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"It would definitely be the most White friendly final game I can remember. I hope it happens!"

I think the Kansas-Duke final of 1991 was better. I remember seeing a lot of white on the court for both teams. I think 6 or 7 of the starters were whities.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thrashen, thanks for the feedback partner. Those type of "keyboard kommandos" are chicken$#its who'd NEVER have the balls to utter a word of that 7th grade "smack talk" man to man. I'm sure AbbASS and his butt buddies are hardcore negrophiles and spend their spare time in the downtown bath house or surfin' for sodomite p0rn.
smiley11.gif
smiley8.gif

WhiteWorld

Singler had a big play in the 4th. Came into the game and drove right at the baylor center and got fouled. Giving the baylor center 5 fouls and he went and sat.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
"It would definitely be the most White friendly final game I can remember. I hope it happens!"

I think the Kansas-Duke final of 1991 was better. I remember seeing a lot of white on the court for both teams. I think 6 or 7 of the starters were whities.

I didn't see that one, Liverlips, but it probably was whiter than any final has been since.

speedster

Mentor
Exactly 12 years ago today Utah started Hansen,Jensen,Mottola and Doleac in the championship game.Kentucky started Sheppard and Padgett with a good contribution from Cameron Mills coming off the bench.Utah only had two black players on the team one of them being starter Andre Miller.

I've found it interesting that there hasn't been a lot of rooting against MSU on the board, despite that they only play one white player (barely). Why do you think that is?

I think it's because: 1. 2 of the past 5 years a white MSU player has been the best on the team (Paul Davis and Drew Neitzel and maybe even Suton last year), 2. The black guys he brings in are far removed from the thugs on TN and Kentucky, for instance. You don't see real off the court issues or dancing on the sidelines, etc. And if they're not high character guys when they arrive on campus, Izzo works on them to get them there. 3. MSU plays tough, hard nosed, fundamental basketball.

Edited by: Fightingtowin

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Don't forget Nolan Smith and Shelvin Mack- both black. These two are the third guys in the big three for both teams. Both seem like down to earth guys of character as well- and they are held to high academic standards at these schools. Duke and Butler won't recruit the inner city "thug" type blacks. These guys play team ball. These two schools run their programs the way it should be done!

Gerald Henderson was a ball-hog.

DeMarcus Nelson was also a way-overrated player (out of Calif.) that was prone to ball-hogging.

They were both teammates a couple seasons ago, and I'm glad that that team FAILED in the Big Dance. BTW, all 3-incoming Duke recruits are black, and one is from D.C. -- and another is from an awful Jersey city. The 3rd one might be from an inner-city as well, but I'd have to go check...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Don't forget Nolan Smith and Shelvin Mack- both black. These two are the third guys in the big three for both teams. Both seem like down to earth guys of character as well- and they are held to high academic standards at these schools. Duke and Butler won't recruit the inner city "thug" type blacks. These guys play team ball. These two schools run their programs the way it should be done!

Gerald Henderson was a ball-hog.

DeMarcus Nelson was also a way-overrated player (out of Calif.) that was prone to ball-hogging.

They were both teammates a couple seasons ago, and I'm glad that that team FAILED in the Big Dance. BTW, all 3-incoming Duke recruits are black, and one is from D.C. -- and another is from an awful Jersey city. The 3rd one might be from an inner-city as well, but I'd have to go check...

So Duke is bringing in three affletes. The afflete you mention from NJ is Kyrie Irving from Elizabeth. Oh well! At least Georgetown will have a white player next season, Nate Lubick. http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Nate-Lubick-76636;_ylt=ArJv4jP8C5B8bheWUgNKkuvVO5B4

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
WhiteWorld said:
Singler had a big play in the 4th. Came into the game and drove right at the baylor center and got fouled. Giving the baylor center 5 fouls and he went and sat.

Yes, they called the foul on the big White man - Lomers - but on the replay, it was clearly the black Baylor player that slapped Singler!

That's the situation that you're talking about, right?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Fightingtowin said:
I've found it interesting that there hasn't been a lot of rooting against MSU on the board, despite that they only play one white player (barely). Why do you think that is?

I think it's because: 1. 2 of the past 5 years a white MSU player has been the best on the team (Paul Davis and Drew Neitzel and maybe even Suton last year), 2. The black guys he brings in are far removed from the thugs on TN and Kentucky, for instance. You don't see real off the court issues or dancing on the sidelines, etc. And if they're not high character guys when they arrive on campus, Izzo works on them to get them there. 3. MSU plays tough, hard nosed, fundamental basketball.

Michigan State was clearly the lesser of two evils against the Tennessee Chain-gang. Would Northern Iowa have beaten Tennessee (if they had gotten past Michigan State)??

Personally, I think they would'nt have. Tom Izzo is White, and Bruce Pearl is Jewish, so that was another reason I pulled for MSU.

If Duke can somehow defeat West Virginia, I think a Duke/MSU match-up would be interesting, and I think Duke would win that Caste match-up.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Whiteathlete33,

With Olek Cyz gone, I hope Duke doesn't screw Ryan Kelly. He has excellent length and can reportedly shoot the ball well.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Whiteathlete33,

With Olek Cyz gone, I hope Duke doesn't screw Ryan Kelly. He has excellent length and can reportedly shoot the ball well.

Kelly won the 3 point competition a year ago so he can shoot.

Realistic

speedster said:
Exactly 12 years ago today Utah started Hansen,Jensen,Mottola and Doleac in the championship game.Kentucky started Sheppard and Padgett with a good contribution from Cameron Mills coming off the bench.Utah only had two black players on the team one of them being starter Andre Miller.

Sheppard, Padgett, and Mills were key contributors to KY's championship. I'm a KY fan and detest what's happened to that program. When Tubby Smith came along we got ZERO good white players and it's not going to change under Calipari. The two he's got sitting on the bench will either transfer or resign themselves to being career bench warmers because Calipari doesn't think whites can play and he's always going to bring in the "one and done's". In lots of cases (Bledsoe this year) it's not just one and done because of the NBA but because they can only pretend they are students for so long. If they can get them in easy enough classes to pass in the fall they can just show up in the spring to the first class and never come back. I don't agree with much of what Bob Knight has to say be he nailed Calipari on that one.

Actually, I'm getting closer all the time to being an ex-KY fan. The thugs they've got in Lexington now along with Calipari are too much. I think what's really getting to me is the KY fans stance that everything's OK as long as we're winning.

Realistic said:
speedster said:

Sheppard, Padgett, and Mills were key contributors to KY's championship. I'm a KY fan and detest what's happened to that program. When Tubby Smith came along we got ZERO good white players and it's not going to change under Calipari. The two he's got sitting on the bench will either transfer or resign themselves to being career bench warmers because Calipari doesn't think whites can play and he's always going to bring in the "one and done's". In lots of cases (Bledsoe this year) it's not just one and done because of the NBA but because they can only pretend they are students for so long. If they can get them in easy enough classes to pass in the fall they can just show up in the spring to the first class and never come back. I don't agree with much of what Bob Knight has to say be he nailed Calipari on that one.

Actually, I'm getting closer all the time to being an ex-KY fan. The thugs they've got in Lexington now along with Calipari are too much. I think what's really getting to me is the KY fans stance that everything's OK as long as we're winning.

It's the exact same thing at the University of Tennessee. The difference is that football is Number 1 at Tennessee. The "everything's OK as long as we're winning" syndrome has been entrenched for decades at Tennessee now. The off-field bad behavior bothers the fans very little.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Realistic & SH, I had to "withdraw" from being a life-long UGA Dawgs fans. Once I joined CF & listened to all the logical evidence...it was foolish for me to continue supporting "my" thug "afroletes" (...including my former DWF SEC "worship"
smiley9.gif
). CF HOF'r Col.Reb (former "New Miss Conformists" fan) helped me cut the "cord" to my "Dawg Nation" status.
smiley2.gif
I still keep an eye on the Dawgs, but only "pull" for White players (QBs, Kris Durham, Chapas, etc.).

TwentyTwo

Master
The arrest of 3Tennessee football players last season; holding-up/ robbingtheyoung little (19-20?)white-boy was the kicker for me...he said "they all play football for the Volunteers; no need topress charges...GIVE ME A BREAK!

"I think they should still be able to play football, regardless," he said. "Tennessee is my place. It's my football team."

"Even after they put a gun in your face, you say let them play football?" 6 News asked.

"Yeah, it's Tennessee. That's the way it is sometimes," Zickefoose said.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/11/13/corey-zickefoose-tennessee-football-victim-wants-leniency-fo/

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
TwentyTwo said:
The arrest of 3Tennessee football players last season; holding-up/ robbingtheyoung little (19-20?)white-boy was the kicker for me...he said "they all play football for the Volunteers; no need topress charges...GIVE ME A BREAK!
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>"I think they should still be able to play football, regardless," he said. "Tennessee</font> is my place. It's my football team."

"Even after they put a gun in your face, you say let them play football?" 6 News asked.

"Yeah, it's Tennessee. That's the way it is sometimes," Zickefoose said.</div>
<div></div>
<div>http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/11/13/corey-zickefoose-tennessee-football-victim-wants-leniency-fo/
</div>

The kid is truly drunk!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
TwentyTwo said:
The arrest of 3 Tennessee football players last season; holding-up/ robbing the young little (19-20?)white-boy was the kicker for me...he said "they all play football for the Volunteers; no need to press charges...GIVE ME A BREAK! 
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>"I think they should still be able to play football, regardless," he said. "[COLOR="#027fb5">Tennessee[/COLOR">[/url] is my place. It's my football team.""Even after they put a gun in your face, you say let them play football?" 6 News asked."Yeah, it's Tennessee. That's the way it is sometimes," Zickefoose said.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>[url="http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/11/13/corey-zickefoose-tennessee-football-victim-wants-leniency-fo/"]http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/11/13/corey-zickefoose-tennessee-football-victim-wants-leniency-fo/
</div>
The kid is truly drunk!

Beyond a hardcore DWF, that puke is a castrated, spineless, yellabelly. That's the kind of "man" that's allowed the downfall of the great, White race.
smiley18.gif
smiley7.gif

j41181

Master
I see striking SIMILARITIES between Gordon Hayward and Kyle Singler:

- 6'9
- Superb Athleticism
- Superb Ball-handling Skills
- Multi-position players
- Superb defense
- Clutch
- Toughness and Determination
- Solid inside-outside game

Both have the tools and mindset in becoming NBA superstars. The "only" problem for them is... if "they" (the NBA) give them the chance to become such players. Edited by: j41181

Realistic

Follow up to my earlier KY post. The word on the bulletin boards is that the entire freshman class Calipari brought in with the exception of one are declaring for the NBA draft. That is Wall, Cousins, Orton, and Bledsoe. His JUCO transfer Dodson is declaring for the draft and leaving whether he gets drafted or not. There are three seniors leaving which leaves a grand total of 4 returning players. It will be interesting to see what Calipari does now. The one and done thing has gotten ridiculous. Part of it is that these guys aren't students, never were students, and even at a basketball factory like KY you can only pretend for so long. There's also a fairly persistent rumor that the NCAA is about to lower the hammer on UK for something to do with Cousins and Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.