2010 Georgia Bulldogs

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
AJ on the bench means Durham stays in the starting lineup!
smiley20.gif
As mentioned in another thread...during Saturday's 55-7 @$$ whoopin' of ULL, five White Dawgs (WRs Durham & Gray, FBs Chapas & Munzenmier + QB Murray) scored TDs & Fred Munzenmier actually got reps at TB.
smiley1.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It would be great to see something close to that happen again this week as well, Dixie.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Well, TB Ealey & WR Tavarres King will be back from their (TNB) suspensions, so I don't expect that many TDs from White players. However, I foresee Durham & 1 of the FBs (Chapas or Munz) to probably score a TD.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
UGA suspended black RB Ealey 3 weeks ago and has now reinstated him. Looks like he'll have some competition at the position in the fall. Too bad it isn't White competition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6162236

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia running back Washaun Ealey has been reinstated to the team, less than three weeks after he was suspended for disciplinary reasons.

Coach
Mark Richt said Ealey, who led the team last season with 811 yards
rushing and 11 touchdowns, will rejoin team activities on Monday.

"Over the past few weeks, Washaun has done
the things we expect him to do, the things we expect all our players to
do," Richt said in a statement Saturday. "He's been doing things the
Georgia way."

Ealey was suspended Feb. 8, fueling speculation that
he was on the verge of transferring. Richt didn't give a specific
reason for the punishment, but left the door open for Ealey's return.
Sources told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that Ealey was punished for
failing to report for a punishment run.

"We have certain
expectations and standards that apply to all our student-athletes,"
Richt said at the time. "We expect them to do things the right way, the
Georgia way. If Washaun does things the Georgia way, he'll be back in
good standing."

This wasn't the first time Ealey had been in the
coach's doghouse. The sophomore was suspended for the 2010 season opener
after his arrest for driving with a suspended license and leaving the
scene of an accident.

Despite missing the game, he was the top
rusher on a team that finished 6-7 for Richt's first losing season in 10
years at Georgia.

Georgia's other top tailback, Caleb King,
missed the Liberty Bowl with academic issues and was suspended for two
games last season for failing to appear in court to deal with a speeding
ticket.

Ealey and King will get competition this season from one
of Georgia's top signees last week, Isaiah Crowell of Carver High in
Columbus, Ga.

Richt said he expects Crowell to contribute heavily
as a freshman, starting with the very first game against Boise State in
the Georgia Dome.

"I wouldn't be shocked to see him run that rock
in the Dome against Boise State on the opening play if he does what he's
supposed to do," Richt said.

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Highlander

Mentor

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This will be an interesting story to follow, Highlander. Gray, from what I've seen, is a good WR and athlete in general. I wonder what the chances of him starting are in Boulder? That would be really cool to see him getting a lot of playing time in the Pac-12!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Logan runs a 4.4 at 6'2 200 and has solid hands. I guess he's looking for more reps/passes his Senior year...can say I blame him.

Riddlewire

Master
Georgia WR Kris Durham ran a 4.43 today

NEW ORLEANS -- University of Georgia wide receiver Kris Durham ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds today, according to a league source who attended the Bulldogs' campus Pro Day workout.

The 6-foot-5, 217-pounder bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times and posted a 35-inch vertical leap and a 10-1 broad jump.

He turned in a 4.09 short shuttle.

Huge size. Great speed. Great strength. Quick hips.
Can the NFL please explain why he isn't considered one of the top five draft eligible receivers?

chris8812

Just great! Patriots!! I hope, I hope, I hope. What do you think Riddle? Do you think the Pats would be a good fit?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
chris8812 said:
Just great! Patriots!! I hope, I hope, I hope. What do you think Riddle? Do you think the Pats would be a good fit?

in a world actually based on talent and performance, an explosive, strong,and fast 6-5 wideout with great hands would be a one-size-fits-all player.

in the world of the Caste System, Durham will be fortunate if he even gets drafted ...
smiley18.gif

having seen him play numerous times in the SEC, Kris is a terrific player whose best football is ahead of him. that is if he gets the chance to continue plying his trade, of course.

chris8812

Agreed Jimmy, I don't think he can be passed up with those numbers. I am hoping with the season that Colie, Welker, Amendola, Woodhead, Hillis, had perhaps this will be the year we finally see the caste shackles thrown and begin to break. Positivity, we have seen our players get over looked before. But we must continue to hold out hope. Or do you think I am still just too naive?Edited by: chris8812

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Beastly numbers, size and production.

Riddlewire

Master
chris8812 said:

What I think is that a smart GM would realize that Durham is a hidden gem who has First Round talent, but will be passed over due to the "Pigment Penalty". So, if this hypothetical GM has a need at Wide Receiver and was considered to be a lock to draft a WR in the 1st, he would actually pursue other needs, secure in the knowledge that Durham would be available in Round 4. Cleveland, for example, should pick one of the available great OTs in this year's class in the first round.

Of course, I don't think there actually are any smart GMs in the NFL. Just two different groups of men. Group A is full of old veterans who don't want to rock the boat by shifting the numbers away from the current racial balance. Group B is full of the Jerry Jones-type "Bubble Butt Lovers". Neither type of man would be willing to follow the plan I outlined above. So Durham will go 7th round or Free Agent.

(Sorry, I didn't see your post in the NFL forum, chris8812)Edited by: Riddlewire

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He is very similar to Matt Jones in his numbers. Speed, athletecism, height, intelligence and strength. You would think that the teams would be drooling over him? Haha. We know how that works. Hoping some team has some common sense to draft him high in the draft and start him from day one.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Matt Jones comparison is good, except that Chris Durham has been a WR his entire collegiate career. Jones was a QB making the switch to wideout in the offseason, and it takes a while to develop the hands. Durham has no issues of this sort, he is money when the ball is in the air in his direction. Patriots? Would be a dream come true, and a giant slap up-side the head of the caste system.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Kris has good hands & runs solid routes. Fellow UGA Dawg (afflete) AJ Green said Durham can catch anything & he (Green) loves the crisp way Durham runs his routes.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
They should know you can't let em in an open house without close supervision. There shouldn't be any question as to the "character" of these negro prospects. Will this even adversely affect their recruiting? Only time will tell.<h1 ="h2">Prospects charged in locker room theft</h1>

Three suspects, including a highly touted Georgia prep football prospect, have been arrested for thefts from Georgia's locker room, according to area media reports.

Deion Bonner, Marquis Hawkins and a third suspect, a juvenile who was
not identified due to his age, were arrested and charged with theft by
taking, a misdemeanor, University of Georgia police said. All three are
from Carver (Columbus) High School.

Bonner, an 18-year-old defensive back whom the Atlanta
Journal-Constitution named one of the state's top 10 prospects for 2012,
was charged with one count of theft by taking. Hawkins, 17, was charged
with two counts and the juvenile was charged with three counts. The
juvenile is 16 years old, the Augusta Chronicle reported.

Bonner and Hawkins were booked at Athens-Clarke County Jail on Monday morning.

The
suspects are alleged to have taken iPods and iPhones from the lockers
of seven Georgia players during an open house on April 7.

Marquise Hawkins -- who, according to the AJC, is not a college football
prospect -- is the twin brother of Carver quarterback Marqui Hawkins,
who is a prospect for the Class of 2013, Carver coach Dell McGee said,
according to the report. McGee said he was unable to comment on the
charges.

Carver High School has been a fertile recruiting ground for Georgia, as 2011 signee Isaiah Crowell,
ranked by ESPN as the No. 1 running back in the country and No. 4 in
the ESPN 150, and sophomore linebacker Jarvis Jones both hail from the
school.

University police chief Jimmy Williamson said search warrants were
obtained last week and arrest warrants were issued Friday.
Asked how the probe resulted in arrests, Williamson said "Good
investigation, people's involvement and Facebook is always a big help,"
according to the AJC.

The UGA Athletic Association did not return phone calls seeking comment, according to the AJC.http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6381701

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Col.Reb, TNB from the thugs...it just comes naturally.

On the upside from spring practice for UGA's White players...

- QB Aaron Murray was named offensive MVP for spring practice.
- QB Hutson Mason was named Most Improved.
- OL/C Ben Jones wins offensive "True Grit" award.
- CB (Redshirt FR) Connor Norman was named Outstanding Walk-On (of course).

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It would be great if Connor got some playing time. It is pretty sad when it is "refreshing" to see even 2 Whites playing on an SEC defense, but we can always hope!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Another guy for Georgia who could *gasp* play for them on defense is RS Sophomore LB Chase Vasser. I don't think he's been mentioned yet. I wonder if a lot of UGA fans will faint if either of these two gets to come into a game for more than a play at a time?Edited by: Jack Lambert

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I remember seeing Chase Vasser play in at least one game last season. He tied for the spring game high in tackles with 7, so he does have something of a shot at starting this year. It would be too much for some folks to take if they ended up with 2 White defensive starters. That would mean that the offense would have no more than 3 or 4 White starters though, because since '05, Richt has never had a team that fielded more than 5 White starters for an entire season. Richt hasn't had a White defensive starter since David Pollack in '04, so even having one White defensive starter in '11 would be a big change.