2010 European Championships

albinosprint

Mentor
if he can stay relaxed and get a good start the gold will be his! come on Pepe!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
albinosprint said:
the two fastest times should be in the center.

yes, sir. but they aren't.

also, it seems like the female commentator has damp under-drawers for Lewis-Francis. she keeps raving about him ...
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Simone Collio looks like my cousin, Pete. he was fast as hell, too...but he's fat now.
smiley36.gif

albinosprint

Mentor
the lane layout makes no sense!

albinosprint

Mentor
gold baby, f**k yeah!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!!

his closing/top end speed is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

albinosprint

Mentor
wow, what a tight final for 2-5. Edited by: albinosprint

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
he had a horrid, HORRID start. in fact, i thought he might fall. but then, once the colt got his long legs under him ... well, the race was over from that point on. his top speed is beyond anyone else in the world outside of the trio on top.
wow. wow. damn, he can really close. it's like he has a rocket strapped to his back.

albinosprint

Mentor
this kid gets that start and drive phase down and he is going to be in the 9.9 on a regular basis.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Who would have thought that Chambers would crack up....
smiley36.gif
The progression continues for Lemaitre. If TFN doesn't rank him this year something is up he is probably a legit top 6 sprinter in the 100 and is certainly a top 10 sprinter.

Troll

Jimmy Chitwood said:
he had a horrid, HORRID start. in fact, i thought he might fall. but then, once the colt got his long legs under him ... well, the race was over from that point on. his top speed is beyond anyone else in the world outside of the trio on top.
<div>wow. wow. damn, he can really close. it's like he has a rocket strapped to his back.</div>
<div>
</div><div>Yohan Blake has ridiculous top-end speed as well. Personally, I'd place The Master 5th for now.</div><div>
</div><div>Did anyone catch the wind reading?</div>

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i am amazed by Christophe's time after struggling so mightily at the beginning. despite nearly falling, he runs a 10.11. wow.
2-3-4-5 all run an official 10.18. it doesn't get any closer than that. but more importantly Christophe takes home the gold.

awesome!

Swede

-1,0 wind. But I think the lesser times must be due to the short time between semis and final.

Think of this. Lemaitre is the first male Euro champ since Emmelmann in 1982

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
did anyone catch the news story that came on after the final? it was about a White woman in Europe whose formerly-quiet neighborhood is now being routinely vandalized and people are being assaulted by "youths."

i "wonder" if those "youths" look anything like the "norwegian" in the 100-meter final ...
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Amazing race by Christophe. I'm out of breath. The lane draw helped to lead to the bad start. It's very important to be in the middle and to have the two fastest guys running side by side. He was stuck in his blocks for what seemed like forever but Lemaitre has the heart of a champion. Simply incredible. Who cares about the time. He beat alot of high caliber sprinters and responded to the pressure. The kid is amazing. His hollywood career continues. They will make movies about him someday. He is simply that good.

Call me greedy, but I want him to win gold at the 200 as well. It is rare feat to double at major championships. I think Lemaitre has a great chance. He is rewriting the history books!

I'm so happy right now. Way to go Pepe.

You are truely "The Master".

Swede

Just another reminder. Borzov won his first european championship gold medal when he was 20.

Chambers just gave Lemaitre credit in swedish television. He congratulated Lemaitre and said that he is a great talent.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Damn Verizon Fios internet!! It froze on me a minute before the race and I rebooted the computer. By that time it was over. Anyway a great win for Lemaitre.

Swede

I just noticed the high 400 m standard. I missed the semifinals because of work. The numbers are really good. Its actually world championship level. Maybe Borlee will break Schönlebes european record of 44,33. That record I thought Wissman would take...
smiley19.gif

mastermulti

Master
Christophe is more than anything else proving to be a winner. The last white "winner" was Keteris (yeah,I know, but he had "winner" in him) and before that Wells.

Doesn't matter how fast you are unless you are one of these "winners".