2010 European Championships

backrow

Hall of Famer
10.06, not bad. good race for Di Gregorio as well, 10.17m his PB

btw Polish jumper Anna Jagacik (who's pretty hot herself) is a sister of an international model, Monika. Edited by: backrow

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW ABOUT THAT TOP ENDSPEED!!!!! and into a stiff headwind, to boot.

the side-by-side comparison of Lewis-Francis with Lemaitre (and every other sprinter in the field, for that matter) should open people's eyes about the "training regimen" the black blokes use.

also, a wonderful surprise with Di Gregorio taking second place.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
White Lightning runs a 10.06 to win his heat into a negative -1.2 head wind! WOW. Di Gregario runs a p.b. of 10.17! Wow was this a fast race into a mini hurricane wind! Woohoo. Edited by: white lightning

albinosprint

Mentor
I smell another sub 10 for Pepe!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Christophe's reaction times aren't special to me, for either good or bad. but what really stands out to me is how far (or rather how not far, if i may put it that way) his first 2 strides take him compared to the black elites. this is a HUGE hurdle that he is combatting now and will have to overcome in the future to challenge for a podium at a World meet.

with added strength this staggeringly BIG differential will be reduced, and consequently so will his times.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Damn I'm pissed about Collio. He might make it through but it will depend on the final heat. He got a horrible start and did well to come back for 3rd in a time of 10.23! His start could cost him a berth in the finals. I hope he squeezes through but MLF has a faster time. It will depend on the final heat. What the times are because as of right now, Collio is one of the 2 fastest losers and could just make it. I didn't like how he grabbed his hamstring though after the race. He may be hurt.

Come on Christian Blum. Also Cerutti and Osovnikar!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Simone Collio's 10.23 may qualify him for the finals, but he appeared to pull up lame after the race ... if he makes it on time, this is something to keep an eye on.

albinosprint

Mentor
Collio make it through!

albinosprint

Mentor
damn shame about the others!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Cerutti looked good at 60 meters, appearing to have the lead at that point. but he couldn't hold his speed and ended the race in fourth managing only 10.33. this was clearly the slowest of the three semis.

three White men qualify for the final, Lemaitre and the two Italians,Di Gregorio, and Collio.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

albinosprint

Mentor
3 out of 8 in the final

LEMAITRE, Christophe FRA 10.06 Q
CHAMBERS, Dwain GBR 10.10 Q
SAIDY NDURE, Jaysuma NOR 10.16 Q
DI GREGORIO, Emanuele ITA 10.17 Q
MBANDJOCK, Martial FRA 10.19 Q
LEWIS-FRANCIS, Mark GBR 10.21 q
COLLIO, Simone ITA 10.23 q
OBIKWELU, Francis POR 10.25 Q

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Blum looked like dog sh**. He must be hurt. The guy looked like he was running in concrete. Oh well. Cerutti ran ok but it won't be enough to get through. The good news is that Collio is into the finals I believe. I just hope his hamstring is ok.

Lemaitre had the fastest time of any heat into the strongest headwind. Chambers was lucky as his heat had no wind. It saves him alot of energy for the finals. It won't matter though. If Christophe can get a fast start, I believe he will win!

albinosprint

Mentor
I hope the wind would turn around for the final.

did you guys hear Michael Johnson given props to Pepe!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
how about the tan on the "Norwegian." it appears global warming is legitimate.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
many of the ladies in the 400-hurdles are pleasing to the eye, i must say.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just so you guys know, that 10.06 into a strong headwind is another sub 10 for Lemaitre when converted. The guy has had horrible luck with the winds in many of his races this year. Like albino sprint said, we need either no wind or a positive wind for the finals.

He needs to get a fast start. Remember that Chambers is the fasters 60 meter man indoors in the whole world. Lemaitre has to stay close to him so he can run him down in the last 40 meters. I'm nervous but at the same time I'm pumped!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Collio and Di Gregorio are stuck in the far outside lanes ... that sucks. meanwhile, Lemaitre and Chambers are separated by two lanes. the talking heads were split on who this favors.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm so glad to see alot of you guys taking an interest in the sport I love. This is the original sport. It started in Ancient Greece and to watch athletics is a thing of beauty. I just want to see more of our guys and girls get involved in the sport. Again I must warn you guys, once you become a fan, you will probably be a fan for life. Such a beautiful sport to watch.

It doesn't get much better than the European Championships. Less than an hour until the mens 100 meters final.Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hate to say this but it favors Chambers. He is by far the fastest starter in the field and it will be hard for Lemaitre to judge where he is at. Gonna stay positive though. I want Christophe to win so bad. I hate cheaters period! Let's go Christophe!

albinosprint

Mentor
I'm going to say 9.93 for Pepe and 9.98 for drug cheat, Mbandjock 3rd in 10.X with DiGregorio right behind him for 4th. would love to see one of the Italians take 3rd, but I think Pepe's partner is going to take it.

albinosprint

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
how about the tan on the "Norwegian." it appears global warming is legitimate.
smiley2.gif

love it!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have to agree that either Mbandjock or Oblikwelu will proably take 3rd. Di Gregario and Collio have very little chances because of their lane draws. That really sucks but sprinters rarely run good from those far inside and outside lanes.

This is too close to call. If I have to make a prediciton I will go with Lemaitre winning in a new p.b. of 9.95 and PED Chambo 2nd in 9.98! The time isn't as important as Christophe becoming European 100 Meters Champion at only 20 years of age. That would add to his already legendary short career so far. He has won all of the major championships he has entered so far.

He won the gold medal the World Junior Championships in the 200 at 18!

Then he won the gold medal at the European Junior Champs in the 100 at 19 years of age!

If he can add the gold at the European Championships in his first major champs as a senior would be great. He is 20 and this would be phenomenal. His only mess up was when he was disqualified at the World Champs last summer. Other than that he has been perfect and he has also won the French National Champs multiple times. What a legend and his career has only begun.