2010-2011 Bowl Matchups

woohoo! Maehl with another big catch! A hundred yard game is all but guaranteed. 200 yards???Edited by: Toby Hillis

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Itwould have been nice had Maehl been complimented at all for his part of an 81 yard gain.
smiley29.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
nice athleticism by the kicker ... and nothing but crickets from the commentators. pfft.

snow

Mentor
im on a chatroom for sec fans, all they had to say "wtf that was a WHITE guy" . Yes, there are fast white guys, hope the rest of the country took notice, but if they were listening they wouldn't have known.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hey Jimmy, like most white athletes, the kicker simply got the job done running the ball in. Hi didn't do any acrobatics or electric slide moves, etc. Without those, pfft.

snow

Mentor
Notice how they keep mentioning speed on 5 and 6 yard plays "Zachary with speed on that 6 yard gain"

snow said:
im on a chatroom for sec fans, all they had to say "wtf that was a WHITE guy" . Yes, there are fast white guys, hope the rest of the country took notice, but if they were listening they wouldn't have known.

Not to go off topic, but I've been seeing and hearing the same sentiment about Riley Cooper after yesterday's playoff game. It's either, "Cooper is just as responsible for that interception as Vick cause he should of knocked it down"
smiley5.gif
or "what is a White WR doing out there so late in a crucial game?" Just a reminder of how far we got to go.

snow

Mentor
Toby Hillis said:
snow said:
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>Not to go off topic, but I've been seeing and hearing the same sentiment about Riley Cooper after yesterday's playoff game. It's either, "Cooper is just as responsible for that interception as Vick cause he should of knocked it down"
smiley5.gif
or "what is a White WR doing out there so late in a crucial game?" Just a reminder of how far we got to go.</div>

Yeah I have heard plenty of people blame Riley Cooper for that play, if it were Kolb there is no way Cooper gets any blame. It wouldve taken an incredible play if Cooper had made the play but highly improbable. They expect a rookie to make that kind of play when most veterans wouldn't. He was expecting the ball to go a completely different way. If he knocked it down, they still would have lost.

Newton looked like he was going to puke on one of those 3rd down plays.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
another "great" throw.
smiley36.gif
and, not to be overlooked, electrifying "concentrations of stone" by the "receiver."

snow

Mentor
they finally call holding, and it is on Oregon. Yeah no refs trying to influence this game in favor of Auburn at all...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
So, they're going to call that hold on the Ducks, but none of the exact same holds on the black Tigers. Okay, I see how this game is...

Riddlewire

Master
Awful play by the Oregon blitzer on that play. He was there right at the throw. Should have hit Newton hard, but he pulled up.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i wonder how much they pay these commentators? i mean, really. Herbstreit with another mixed metaphor whilst providing his "expert" analysis. these guys actually get paid to talk, but they say nothing of merit ... and manage to screw even that up.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
did Musburger just say that this is "the home of the Phoenix Cardinals of the NFL."? really?
smiley29.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and now he says that was Maehl's second catch, when in truth it was his third.

and now Alpha Maehl with another catch. that's four, Musburger, sincce you need the help with that higher arithmetic. heh.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
my apologies, gentlemen, for the criticquing of the commentary. my inner nerd is gnashing his teeth.
smiley9.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Maehl over 100 yards receiving in the first half. But no graphic showing it, and of course nothing from the two Caste nut-huggers in the booth.

snow

Mentor
so Maehl has over 100 yards receiving in the first half

wow, Oregon's best receiver is also the gunner on special teams. Not surprising.
Edited by: snow

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
excellent play on special teams by Alpha Maehl on the punt coverage, downing the ball inside the 5-yard line.

Don Wassall said:
Maehl over 100 yards receiving in the first half. But no graphic showing it, and of course nothing from the two Caste nut-huggers in the booth.

MVP of the National Championship game would look REALLY nice on his resume.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Auburn o-coordinator Gus Malzahn is a genius. if he had a true quarterback, just imagine what this offense would be capable of ...

snow

Mentor
Yes I think Tebow wouldve put up video game stats in that offense. Everyone thinks Newton is better because of his stats, but guarantee Tebow wouldve put up better stats in that offense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's annoying that Maehl is also a WSTD. It adds to the perception of the DWFs thatWhite WRscan't be big play receivers; rather they're hard-working, overachieving team mascots. I'm surprised Maehl doesn't also hold for field goals and extra points, ala Dane Looker when he was with the Rams. Edited by: Don Wassall

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
sCam misses a WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open receiver. it would've been an EASY touchdown. ouch.