2009 UCLA Bruins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
UCLA had 7 white starters in 2005 and 2006, 9 in 2007, and 10 in 2008. It looks like UCLA is starting to get darker though.

Offense
QB Kevin Prince
FB Chane Moline
TE Ryan Moya
LT Jeff Baca
RG Nick Ekbatani

Defense
DT Jerzy Siewierski
RE Korey Bosworth
WLB Kyle Bosworth

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Nice to see Brian Bosworth's nephews starting for the Bruins, I can't believe they only have two white on the OL?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
celtic, UCLA, like so many other western schools uses polynesian sumos on the O line. That's the reason the numbers are so low there. This is a change from 10 years ago.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I see Reb, I gues sid rather have polynesians rather than sumos. Still there is a ridiculous amount of polynesian players playing D1 football compared to their population as a whole!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, polynesians are getting more over-represented with each passing year. That is one of the reasons I quit including them in my previews. It just doesn't make sense, especially when most of them are treated like blacks and never have to endure the Caste System like white players.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Yeah, polynesians are getting more over-represented with each passing year. That is one of the reasons I quit including them in my previews. It just doesn't make sense, especially when most of them are treated like blacks and never have to endure the Caste System like white players. 

Yeah the Polynesians are glorified just as much as their black counterparts now a days. Just look at Troy Polamalu and Rey Maualuga as two prime examples. The media worships them as much or more than the Ray Lewis' of the world.

White Power

Mentor
I wish you would include them because no matter what any of you say. They don't consider themselves black, and get very insulted if you refer to them as black. I know this is just my opinion, but I'd rather have Harvey Unga or Ryan Matthews starting for me rather any of the so called brotha's so to speak. Most come from tight knit families who are very close and in no way shape or form think that they are owed anything like the brotha's. This however is just my opinion. In meeting alot of Pacific Islanders in my line of work, I have come to like and respect them more than some of you on this board. However in saying this I am not trying to influence any one just stating the facts as how I see them. One last point if their isn't any discrimination against them then why do so few of them play sppeed positions in the NFL. Their is only one who plays safety Troy Polamalu that's it no running backs or wide receivers so your saying that they are allowed to play certain positions is really not true if you take the pro's as a measuring stick.Edited by: White Power

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
True, I would take a polynesian over a brotha, and they aren't black. Some of them have some white genes in them too.

NorCal831

polynesians are good people. just dont confuse a samoan with a tongan or vice versa lol.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
polynesians aren't white people. additionally, they don't have to deal with the biases of the caste system.

as such, iwill bereserving my praisefor white players. but feel free to cheer for whomever you choose, gentlemen.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
polynesians aren't white people. additionally, they don't have to deal with the biases of the caste system.
<div></div>
<div>as such, iwill bereserving my praisefor white players. but feel free to cheer for whomever you choose, gentlemen.</div>
<div></div>

My sentiments exactly.

whiteCB

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
polynesians don't have to deal with the biases of the caste system.
<div> </div>
<div><div> </div>

My point exactly.
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:
polynesians don't have to deal with the biases of the caste system.
<div> </div>
<div><div> </div>

My point exactly.
smiley32.gif

Samoans are actually the most likely group- per 100,000 in the population- to make a roster in the NFL I've heard. A player like Harvey Unga will likely make 1,000 yards rushing before a white man makes it again. Personally, I think East Asian and Mestizos/ Native American players should be included, but since we can't come to a consensus I guess we'll just stick to counting numbers of whites.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<div>LOS ANGELES (AP) - UCLA guard Nick Ekbatani will miss 4-6 weeks
with a sprained ligament in his left knee, jeopardizing his chances to
win a starting spot with the Bruins.</div>
Backup defensive linemen Reggie Stokes and Jess Ward also have knee
injuries. Stokes has torn cartilage in his right knee, and Ward will be
out at least two weeks with a sprained ligament in his right knee.

Ekbatani,
Stokes and Ward all underwent MRI exams to determine the extent of
their injuries, which could prevent all three from playing in the
Bruins' season opener Sept. 5 against San Diego State.

Ekbatani was competing for a starting job on UCLA's revamped offensive line, which was among the NCAA's worst last season.http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/9950426/Three-UCLA-linemen-slowed-by-knee-injuries