2009 Rutgers Scarlet Knights

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
WP- you have made great contributions to the site- particularly with finding white skill players in the H.S section. People were just busting your chops or trying to help you out as a poster. I hope you don't leave. I agree with Colonel's sentiments- cheer up buddy!

White Power

Mentor
Man it takes more than a couple of card carrying Klan members to make me leave however I draw the line at cross burnings you start that and I'm out of here lol.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
In the first official two-deeps CB Billy Anderson is listed as 2nd string
smiley26.gif

DT Scott Vallone is listed in a battle with black Blaire Bines so maybe we'll get one back there.

RB Joe Martinek & Jourdan Brooks are expected to split the carries.

linkEdited by: Freethinker

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Another thing I'll add is that Jourdan Brooks is a 4.6 40 yard guy according to NFLdraftscout- Rivals lists him at 4.5, but the time isn't Rivals certified. This usually means it is based on what coaches told them or his PB hand-time reported from some other combine that could have had a fast track. Joe Martinek ran a verified electronic 4.5 flat 40 at the Scout.com combine.

Martinek also tested out better than Brooks for lateral agility (Joe's short shuttle time is reported as 4.37 or 4.25 compared to 4.5 for Brooks). How much evidence does Schiano need to proclaim Martinek as the "main guy"? This is just some additional evidence- read my team review above for the main way Martinek has proven he's above and beyond the other backs.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The problem is that Schiano and so many brainwashed football fans don't care enough to look at the evidence. If these coaches were objective observers who did their homework, things wouldn't be like they are now. Evidence is always a good thing, but it is only useful insofar as there are people who are willing to examine it and rethink their position.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point whiteathlete33, I'm just curious to see what really happens once play begins. Will Schiano do right by Joe or not? Only time will tell.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
He is receiving an opportunity and that is all we can really ask for. My favorite local kid here in jersey, Ray Van Peenan, is the one who got screwed. The best back in the state had to become a walk on at Rutgers. Does anyone know if he is still on the team?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree with you about Ryan, 33. He's not listed on the roster, so I guess he's gone. For me, real opportunity can only come on the field of play. If a kid never gets a chance to play, he has had no opportunity. If Joe gets some decent carries this year, then he will have received an opportunity.