2009 Rutgers Scarlet Knights

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Rutgers has seemed to be trending toward getting blacker with their recruiting. This has been going this way soon after the original days of Brian Leonard vitalizing the program along with Schiano's talks of chopping wood. Maybe coach Schiano feels the need to follow the black recruiting trend and appease the DWFs and Marxist media now that Rutgers is a big name.

Joe Martinek has proven that he was the best RB last year. He had the 2nd through 5th longest carries last year from scrimmage and just barely the best yards per carry for Rutgers- an impressive 5.3. This went along with the best performance amongst RBs in the bowl game when it mattered most. We will get to see just how thick caste runs in Mr. Schiano, depending on how he uses Martinek.

Update: Martinek was again the most productive back in spring practices and summer scrimmages by a significant overall margin and showed more receiving skills than Jourdon Brooks- yet Schiano still has them listed as "co-starters".)

Offense:
QB Domenic Natale
RB Joe Martinek (Will split time, but should earn the largest role in the backfield if production actually matters)
FB Jack Corcoran
OG Caleb Ruch
C Ryan Blaszczyk
OG Art Forst

Defense:
DE Alex Silvestro
DT Charlie Noonan
DT Scott Vallone (In a fight for the position)
LB Ryan D'Imperio
CB Billy Anderson (*Note: demoted to 3rd CB, but should still see time in nickle packages)Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

White Power

Mentor
Martinek is Leonard except he is faster and clearly Rutgers best runner from the position. I think he will play this year and do quite well. Schiano has said that Martinek was the most impressive back during the spring drills. I hope he plays him because of their Italian connection that they have going on. It would be refreshing for a coach to stick up for his own kind just once.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Martinek probably has similar 40 yard speed to Leonard and similar power. However, I am more impressed with Martinek's vision as a runner. He hits the hole extremely fast when it opens up.

White Power

Mentor
TJR Martinek runs a legitimate 4.4 thus that would make him faster than Leonard and one of the fastest backs in college football for that matter.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Joe deserves to be the starter. He broke the all time high school rushing record here in NJ. He may even be better than Ray VanPeenan who got screwed really bad. Noone can say speed is holding him back as he runs a 4.4

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I stand by what I said. Joe ran a 4.49 according to Rivals.com and a 4.5 flat at the Scout.com combine. Leonard ran a 4.47 according to Rivals and went on to run a 4.49/4.52 at the NFL combine. I'd expect a very similar time from Martinek if he gets a combine invite. Anyone can quote their best hand-timed 40 time to a newspaper. Martinek probably has a PR 4.4 hand-timed which is what "one" newspaper article quoted.

Leonard also has a better 100 meter time from H.S finishing 2nd for his entire grouping in the finals for the state of NY.

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Power said:
I hope he plays him because of their Italian connection that they have going on. It would be refreshing for a coach to stick up for his own kind just once.

is he Italian on his mother side? because his last name is clearly Czech.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Joe Martinek will get to show his talents this year but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Didn't they have Martinek as a safety until they moved him back to runningback? I think it's unbelievable that they move the all time rushing leader in NJ high school football history to safety.

White Power

Mentor
I think Rutgers could have 10 -11 white starters someone needs to go back and update the post on them.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White Power, you sure would help things along if you actually provided names of the players you think will start. Another perfect example of you wasting our time with such posts.

Since I was interested to see what CFN had to say about it, I took a few minutes and looked up their starters and (surprise, surprise!) there is one other white who looks to start, a CB no less! His name is Billy Anderson. So, Rutgers should have 9 or 10 white starters if everything holds up, and depending on whether Joe Martinek starts or not.

Now that we actually have a name, the starters list can be updated.

White Power

Mentor
They have Martinek listed as a starter. Here are the White Starters I have Colonel. Dominic Natale, Joe Martinek Jack Corcoran,Kevin Haslam ,Art Frost,Caleb Ruch, Ryan Blaszczyk, Blair Bines,Alex Silvestero, Ryan Dimperio, Billy Anderson. That gives them 11 by my count and 11 for a big east school is good. I hope this helps Colonel I will start to contribute more to this site I suppose.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Haslam
578220m.jpg

Bines
576288m.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No matter how Joe is listed, we all know he's in a battle for the RB position. Once again, that makes 9 or 10 white starters depending on what happens with Joe.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I just moved back into Canada last night guys! I'm staying with my folks temporarily and then getting married August 15!
smiley1.gif

Yeah, you guys are right- Billy Anderson is white- I checked the Rutgers website! I had done a Google image search for him and the pics that came back were black. However, when I went to those sites today- it showed the pics were not Billy Anderson- it was a different jersey number. Hallelujah, a white CB "AND" RB!

Rutgers is a team to cheer for this year.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I can't believe Rutgers is going to start a white running back. Joe Martinek is getting the chance he deserves. I mean all he did is set the NJ high school rushing record.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Congrats on the move back, ToughJ! It will be interesting to see how this team does compared to the previous ones.

whiteCB

Master
Wow I just laughed my ass off when Col Reb posted pics of the two guys white power thought were white. A quick side note: just because a name sounds white doesn't mean the person is and vice versa for black sounding names i.e. Javan Snead or Kahil Greene.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Wow I just laughed my ass off when Col Reb posted pics of the two guys white power thought were white. A quick side note: just because a name sounds white doesn't mean the person is and vice versa for black sounding names i.e. Javan Snead or Kahil Greene.

Wow White Cb, I actually thought Javen Snead was black!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Great news!!
smiley32.gif

White Power

Mentor
Perhaps I should stop posting considering I am a laughing stock of this site now seariously guys get your stuff together. I made a mistake in not looking up the pictures however I by know means intened any deceitfulness. I still think they have around 9-10 starters if my math is right.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White Power, I don't want you to leave the site. I have been busting your chops a bit lately. I did it to try to better you and the site, not to hurt you personally. Your math is right, and I believe you when you say you didn't try to deceive us. Don't worry about it man, we all make mistakes. Lord knows I've made a ton of them. Cheer up man!