2009 Nba Summer League

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just thought we should start a post about the summer league starting soon. The Phoenix Suns have picked up a 7ft European, Lee Cumard and Micah Downs to go along with Goran Dragic running the point guard position. I hope some of these undrafted kids make an impression. Especially Micah Downs who should change his name to Micah Ups! Man can he jump.

Indiana should be fun to watch with Hansborough and a few others.

The Bucks will have Joe Alexander in their summer lineup. This is a great chance for him to showcase his abilities. He has a chance to be a starter if he can shine. Come on Joe.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the update White Lightning. Nice numbers by Psycho-T and Anderson. ESPNU sometimes covers these summer league games, I will keep a eye out for them.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Coby Karl has also performed well playing for the Celtics.

Has anyone heard any news about where Josh Heytvelt will be playing summer ball? It makes me so angry that this guy was not drafted!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Hansbrough scored 22 points last night in a summer league game. He went to the free throw line 12 times so he obviously was causing alot of havoc in the post.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Morrison played VERY well in the Lakers win over Toronto scoring a game-high 24 on 9-17 shooting. he also added 5 rebounds, 2 blocks and 3 assists ... including one beauty: a full-court alley-oop to the high flying Tony Gaffney (another White player).

the player of the game, though, was certainly the underrated and under-appreciated White forward, Ben McCauley. McCauley, who is from NC State, also hit for a game-high 24 points on 12-19 shooting, while grabbing a game-high 15 rebounds!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Morrison followed up that performance with another nice outing: game-high 22 points on 8-16 shooting, with 4 boards and 3 assists. the only blemish was 4 turnovers.

Chase Budinger went 9-10 for a team-high 25 points in 22 minutes off the bench for the Rockets. he had ZERO turnovers.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think Morrison may turn things around with this change of scenery. He is too talented.In college he was unstoppable and should be at least a 15 point a game guy in the NBA. He has decent athleticism despite some of the knocks on him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Chase will fit in with the Rockets just fine. It's still a crime how low he was taken in the draft. The blonde hair/blue eye curse of death. He will prove people wrong. He has the potential to be an all star in a few years if he can crack the starting lineup. I compare his game to Ginobli.

Good to see Morrison lighting it up. It will be very hard for him to get the minutes on the Lakers but I hope they play him. Too much talent to waste away on the bench.

jwhite96

Guru
white lightning said:
Chase will fit in with the Rockets just fine. It's still a crime how low he was taken in the draft. The blonde hair/blue eye curse of death. He will prove people wrong. He has the potential to be an all star in a few years if he can crack the starting lineup. I compare his game to Ginobli.

Good to see Morrison lighting it up. It will be very hard for him to get the minutes on the Lakers but I hope they play him. Too much talent to waste away on the bench.

It's amazing Johnny Flynn , and Henderson were lottery picks while Budinger fell to the second round in the draft.

Flynn shot 3 for 10 with 7 turnovers in his first game. Budinger had 2 very good games plus a game he shot 9 for 10 from the field.

He shot 40% from 3 pt range which was one of the highest in the NCAA .
Add his unsurpassed leaping ability and of course, if he wasn't white he would have been in the top 3 in the draft.

jwhite96

Guru
O'Brien Hansbrough's coach at the Orlando summer league said the treatment Hansbrough receives is "borderline insane. If he scored 30 points a game they would still question his ability" .

O'Brien obviously recognizes the caste system.

I'm optimistic about Hansbrough because Larry Bird runs the Pacers.

For those who remember Bird's playing days, he was never , ever intimidated by blacks while playing.

He was the best player in the NBA.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Your right about that jwhite96. Welcome to the board bro. Tyler is going to be a future all star. He is in good hands. Larry Bird will teach him all of the tricks of the trade. Psycho T as they call him is intimidated by no one. He is a stud!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's been a good summer league in the few games I've read about. Indiana went 4-0 with Tyler leading the way.

Milwaukee is now 3-0. Joe Alexander had his best game tonight with 24 points. He is slowly getting some confidence in his ability to score like in college. Joe has an outstanding chance to not only start this year, but also to put up some serious numbers. Maybe he can cap it all off by getting in the Dunk Contest.

jwhite96

Guru
There are many examples of the caste system in the NBA summer league currently in Vegas. Chase Budinger who wasn't considered good enough for the first round is currently shooting an unheard of 66% from the field, and 62% from 3 point territory. Compare that with the "great" Ty Lawson, lottery pick who has made so far 1 of 15 field goal attempts. Even though Budinger is shooting with incredible accuracy only played 19 minutes last night. Another comparison , ESPN which deliberately highlights only black rookies and never a white rookie, showed lottery pick Austin Daye who was not as good as Josh Heyvelt while they played on Gonzaga. Heyvelt who wasn't drafted has only gotten a total of 14 minutes in 2 games while Daye who was highlighted on ESPN played 36 minutes in what is a meaningless game. It seems Heyvelt who is a pariah because of one drug offense has the deck stacked against him, while Affletes like Ray Lewis,among many are excused. Lewis who was involved in murder and pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice is rewarded with his face on Madden NFL football games. Just more of the same.

jwhite96

Guru
Chase Budinger after today's game is shooting 68% from the field and 73% from 3 point territory after 5 games. It's even more amazing when you consider these summer leagues are playing games every night or every other night. So Budinger in addition to shooting astronomical percentages, shows very good stamina.Today he scored 26 points in 25 minutes. I know it's only the summer league but his performance ,so far, has to be considered the best of any NBA rookie, so. Here was a player he didn't even get drafted in the first round. He averaging 17.8 points in 22 minutes per game which must one of , if the highest points per minutes ratio. He has taken 9.4 shots/game to average just under 18 pts per game.

He is really an incredible athlete. He was one of the top volleyball players in the country before concentrating on basketball. Chase really should have won the McDonald's slam dunk contest, but came in second although he was clearly the best.Edited by: jwhite96

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yet ESPN(Sportscenter) and most other stations, newspapers and fans ignore how great he has been. It is the curse of blonde hair and blue eyes. They only like that on women. Men are looked down at. He's white so he can be any good. It's disgusting to see how these American born and raised kids are treated. We all know what the NBA stands for. I don't have to say it. We need guys like Chase to some how break through and become all stars despite the odds. It's unlikely but it can and does happen. Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki have acheived the highest levels. Maybe eventually Chase can become an all star and show all the teams in the NBA how stupid they were to pass him up. Chase is the man!

jwhite96

Guru
I've been very interested with the NBA summer league and looking at the all the affletes drafted in the first round. Let's face it. The NBA is similar to a labor union which keeps whites out as much as possible. Only a few of the affletes have lived up in any way to all the hype. However, most of them, have performed from poorly to terribly. The second overall choice Habeet the 7'3" freak, is averaging 7 points per game. He is averaging less than one block per game. Even white Mark Eaton the former Jazz Center who was mocked endlessly, averaged 5 blocks per game. The statistics are skewed in favor of blacks, as very few whites receive more than token minutes, and a number of them haven't seen the court.. ESPN is hyping Johnny Flynn as if he was the new John Stockton. In reality, Flynn is playing poorly, having an assist to turnover ratio of less than 2/1 which proves he is not only a poor scorer (playing over 30 min/game while averaging only 11 pts/game, but despite what ESPN always reports is not very effective. Ty Lawson a top ten pick has only made one of 15 shots, Henderson hasn't scored so far.

Danny Green who was drafted just after Budinger, and is allegedly a deadly outside shooter is shooting 35%. Jack McClinton, who was drafted for his "incredible outside shooting ability has not made a shot in any of the 3 games he has played.

I watched a little of the replay telecast of a summer league game. As usual, whites who are on the court, are ignored by their teammates.

The retarded black analyst spent 10 minutes criticizing Joe Alexander.

Any white who follows the NBA is an incredible fool. I'm just looking at statistics because as much as I am aware of the caste system, I didn't think it was this bad.

The bottom line : any black who shows any talent is a first round draft choice. I really believe if whites had their own league and were able to develop their skills , with time, they could challenge the NBA affletes and have a good chance beat them in a 7 game series.

There must be potential Larry Birds, Jerry West, Bill Waltons, Pistol Petes, who have seen the obvious and channeled their talents into other areas. The only white basketball players who have a prayer of developing live mainly in areas with no blacks.

It is only a fantasy but I wish their were a group of lawyers who would sue the NCAA , NBA , and NFL for racial discrimination.

It is obvious from the summer league stats , whites' constitutional rights are being violated.

StarWars

Mentor
All my friends said Ty Lawson is better than Tyler Hansbrough, which prompted me to make a $100 bet with one of them that Tyler would do better in the NBA. The NBA, NFL, and NCAA are not real anymore.

green fire317

Banned
on yahoo sports they have the top 10 rookies who played the best in the summer league. Hansbrough was number 10. but hnsbrough did have better numbers than some of the guys in front of him.