2009 Michigan Wolverines

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
UM had 9 white starters last year, 8 in 07', 7 in 06', and 8 in 05'. Typical Michigan team here, but we'll see what happens in the years to come.

Offense
QB Tate Forcier
LT Mark Ortmann
LG Stephen Schilling
C David Molk
RG David Moosman
RT Mark Huyge

Defense
DT Ryan Van Bergen
OLB Craig Roh

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Without McGuffie i could give a sh*t

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<div> </div>

<div>ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez says cornerback J.T. Turner has been academically cleared to play.</div>

The highly touted freshman from Massillon, Ohio, is expected to practice with the Wolverines on Thursday.

Rodriguez
also says junior linebacker Marell Evans and junior defensive tackle
Vince Helmuth are looking at options to transfer from the program.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/9930666/Rodriguez-says-CB-Turner-cleared-to-playEdited by: Colonel_Reb

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
You may have read of the big story out of Ann Arbor, the local paper the Detroit Free press has put up a big story on possible violations by coach Rich Rod concerning offseason practicing. Apparently the program has violated the rules concerning the time that players can spend in practicing. It sounds like something that a lot of schools might be doing but with the problems UM has had under this guy it just turns the heat up on him and the program. The sooner he is out the better (and whiter-hopefully) Michigan can get. If the team plays poorly he is gone.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
These Wolverines give no honor to the ones from "Red Dawn." F Ricardo Rodriguez.

Rich Rod is trying to turn Michigan into a thugged out southern school, like the U. The problem is he has to deal with a bunch of straight laced Lloyd Carr holdovers who are the complete opposite of what he's trying to do.

It's amazing, being somebody who grew up in Michigan, watch MSU (which has been the most thugged out program in the North) turn into Michigan and Michigan turn into Michigan State. (See Plaxico and Charlie Rogers). Dantonio is almost working miracles. I'm not kidding, the avg. gpa of the 2009 recruits is something like a 3.4. Dantonio is creating something unique, like Izzo.

He seems very fair to white athletes considering Blair White went from a walk on to star receiver. However, he's not starting White on the outside even though he's the fastest and best play maker down field. I'll be watching what he does closely because I want to root for him, considering what he's done in regards to discipline and character. I'm hoping White (how about that name!?) is not an anomaly that fell into his lap. Edited by: Fightingtowin

The Big Ten Network was showing the 1986 U-M/ND game. Both of Michigan's receivers were white -- John Kolesar and Paul Jokisch (not quite sure of that spelling). Kolesar also returned kicks, and Keith Jackson said he was Michigan's fastest player. NFL career cut short by injury. Jokisch was 6-8 and also played basketball.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Interesting info GLS. And Rivals and Scout want to make people believe we're the racists for even questioning a list of "TOP 100 WRs" with 1 and zero whites on it.

As recently as 1986 there was a starting white tailback in the NFL (Craig James) and the "caste" Wolverines had two whites starting at WR and Larry Bird was dominating the NBA. I guess all those white folks way back in those old racist times of 1986 wanted to segregate blacks and keep them from playing football and basketball right? It's amazing that fans bought this caste system idea so quickly through CaucasianRivals/Luginbill type media brainwashing. Whites proved we were equals on the field against black athletes as recently as the mid 80s. There were plenty of black defenders and guys like Riggins in 1983 and Craig James in 1986 were downright dominant.

jcolec02

Mentor
anybody see the Notre Dame/Michigan game? that Forcier kid is an athlete...Edited by: jcolec02

jcolec02 said:
anybody see the Notre Dame/Michigan game? that Forcier kid is an athlete...
The kid is amazing. Besides being a great passer, and clutch, he is lighting quick. The first play I saw him he made 3 or 4 guys miss with his quick feet.Although he has a really good 40 time, I think he's one of these guys who that time doesn't do him justice; he's even quicker than the time would indicate. He's going to be a star.

its a shame mcguffie transfered. on this years michigan team he could really put up big numbers. but yeah that guy forcier seems like the real deal, hes gonna be a star.

Ankiel

I live in Metro Detroit, and we've been talking about McGuffie leaving for weeks. I don't know if a Forcier/McGuffie duo would match the freaky Pat White/Steve Slaton tandem, but I'm sure they would be fun to watch.
McGuffie probably regrets it too 'cuz Rice sucks.

Riddlewire

Master
Ankiel said:
I don't know if a Forcier/McGuffie duo would match the freaky Pat White/Steve Slaton tandem, but I'm sure they would be fun to watch.
Slaton had the lovely habit of fumbling the ball away on the most crucial plays of big games. He hurt his team more than people give him credit for.
We might never know about McGuffie's skills as a college runningback if he gets moved to receiver for Rice.
White lofted the ball even as a senior. He was an effective passer only because the running game required so much attention from opposing defenses.
Forcier is a true freshman. In only his second game, he looked composed and decisive. And he doesn't throw a moon-ball like White. I have no doubts that Forcier/McGuffie would've been more dominant than White/Slaton after a couple of years at Michigan.

Riddlewire said:
Ankiel said:
I don't know if a Forcier/McGuffie duo would match the freaky Pat White/Steve Slaton tandem, but I'm sure they would be fun to watch.
Slaton had the lovely habit of fumbling the ball away on the most crucial plays of big games. He hurt his team more than people give him credit for.
We might never know about McGuffie's skills as a college runningback if he gets moved to receiver for Rice.
White lofted the ball even as a senior. He was an effective passer only because the running game required so much attention from opposing defenses.
Forcier is a true freshman. In only his second game, he looked composed and decisive. And he doesn't throw a moon-ball like White. I have no doubts that Forcier/McGuffie would've been more dominant than White/Slaton after a couple of years at Michigan.
Rice is thinking about movie McGuffie to WR? WTF?

WHAT!!!!! no way, thats just not possible. they cant do that to mcguffie, it would upset the cosmic balance of the the football universe or something crazy like that. its gotta be just a stupid rumor going around, i dont buy it.

Riddlewire

Master
Whoops.
Didn't mean to cause a stir.
I have no evidence that Bailiff intends to move McGuffie to WR. It was merely conjecture based on the structure of Rice's offense. Those CUSA spreads seem to have very little love for quick and agile runningbacks. They prefer them downfield or running the occasional direct-snap play.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Michigan LB Mouton to sit one game</font>

<hr size="1" width="100%" noshade="noshade">

By Adam Rittenberg
ESPN.com

</font>
The Big Ten has suspended black Michigan junior linebacker Jonas Mouton for one game for punching a Notre Dame player during last week's victory at Michigan Stadium.

Mouton punched White Notre Dame center Eric Olsen following a run play with
8:42 left in the second quarter. No penalty was called on the play.
When asked about the punch before Wednesday's practice, Wolverines head
coach Rich Rodriguez said Mouton wouldn't face any punishment from the
team.
"What are you talking about?" Rodriguez told reporters. "I know they
were talking about one incident on film, and I didn't see anybody throw
a punch or anything like that. The little bit I saw on the clip, I saw
guys got tangled up together, and Jonas tried to free himself. There's
a whole lot of officials out there, and I'm sure if there was an
infraction, then they'd call it."
The Big Ten reviewed the film and determined that Mouton struck Olsen,
violating the league's sportsmanlike conduct agreement. The league also
issued a public reprimand of Mouton, a starting outside linebacker for
the Wolverines who has recorded 11 tackles, an interception and fumble
recovery in two games.

It marks the first time in recent memory that the league has suspended a football player when the player's team did not.
"The actions of Jonas Mouton during the Notre Dame game are
unacceptable," Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said in a statement.
"Mouton's behavior has no place in the sport of football or the Big Ten
Conference."
Michigan accepted the suspension. A Michigan spokesman told ESPN.com
that the team has no further comment and Rodriguez would address the
situation following Saturday's game against Eastern Michigan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4485462

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If you look at McGuffie last season, he had two bad games early- a very lousy game at Utah and a poor game at Wisconsin. By mid season he was starting to look like a consistent 5 YPC guy. He did this with an o-line that had lost some of it's best players (the o-line was just starting to figure things out mid-season) and with very uninspiring QB play to open up the offense. The kid would have been great with Forcier this year if he got significant time behind Minor.

The amazing thing is I've seen quite a bit of hate on McGuffie on Youtube. McGuffie had a better season than players ranked much higher than him by Rivals like Darrell Scott (their top RB overall) and Josh Haden, who were in much better offenses. Plus Marlon Lucky averaged 4.1 YPC like Guff last season for a great Nebraska team and got a UFA contract with Cincinnati and almost made the final roster cutdown.

It couldn't be any more obvious to see the agenda of the CaucasianRivals media and the walnut sized brain reactions of the DWFs following their lead.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Might as well add something although a little off topic. Someone on Youtube accused me of making excuses 100% of the time for white players playing poorly. I will counter this by saying that I don't think Kyle Eckel ever showed me any signs- even though he only got garbage time carries- to make me think he could cut it as a tailback in an NFL team's rotation. He's also a bit too small for fullback.

So maybe it's only 99% of the time that hate on a white skill player is irrational!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Rich Rod denied knowing anything about the Mouton punch and refused to consider any punishment. He was pushed by reporters on it and stormed away angry. This Big 10 suspension is embarassing to him and another sign of the type of coach he is.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah, in addition to his family situation maybe- with Rich Rod at the helm- McGuffie was smart to get out of there. I know Forcier and Guff could have made a combo that may have even surpassed White and Slaton. However, Rich Rod may have never allowed Guff to start again next season, even with Minor graduating. McGuffie would probably have to average over 8 YPC and run for over 2,000 yards to satisfy that Afrolete lover.

You can see how he runs the ship at Michigan with all the transfers, the recent reprimands from the NCAA and his appeasement of trouble makers on the team. Fred Jackson may not have had enough pull to get Guff on the field again.