2009 Kansas Jayhawks

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
We should post some comments on the Jake Sharp video dwid made, hoping that Jake Sharp or his brother look at them. I'm a big supporter of Sharp b/c I think he has the tools to be a C.J Spiller/ LeSean McCoy type threat in the NFL.

Entering the NFL without a 1,000 yard rushing season on at least 5+ YPC without a sub 4.5 40 (and it has to be from the NFL Combine) is career suicide for a white tailback. Black tailbacks have MUCH lower requirements based on their skin privilege. Actually, C.J Spiller is 88 yards below 1,000 rush yards- with just his bowl game to go on EXACTLY 5 YPC, but is a Heisman prospect and likely 1st round tailback. Spiller is a lot like Sharp in style (they are both great all purpose threats with great bursts of speed and moves). But right now one is penciled in as an NFL superstar and the other is about to be whited out.
smiley19.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
To be fair, C.J Spiller has a spectacular 5 return TDs this year (which is almost unheard of)..But as a RB and receiver, I think Spiller is very comparable to Sharp (in fact, if Sharp would have stayed healthy this year, he probably would have surpassed Spiller on the rushing end of things- with the way he started off).