2009 Draft Prospects

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Draft tonight at 7:30 EST on ESPN. Keep those fingers crossed that your favorite players not only get drafted tonight, but go to teams that will use them favorably.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Woodside to play for Wolves in summer league

By: Kevin Schnepf, INFORUM

The Minnesota Timberwolves have picked up another point guard: Ben Woodside.

The North Dakota State point guard, who was not selected in Thursday's NBA Draft, learned Friday that he will play for the Timberwolves in the NBA Summer League to be held July 10-19 in Las Vegas.

Woodside, a 5-foot-11, 185-pound point guard, will be playing with guards Johnny Flynn of Syracuse and Wayne Ellington of North Carolina, the Timberwolves' No. 5 and 28 picks in Thursday's draft.

Under the agreement, the Timberwolves do not own the rights to Woodside. Remaining an undrafted free agent, Woodside and his agent Mark Bartelstein will continue to search for an NBA team that has needs which Woodside can fulfill.

"It's probably best that I didn't get drafted,"Â￾ Woodside said. "For me, the best way to get into the NBA is to be a free agent, play well in the summer league and hope I get picked up. I am very satisfied with where I'm sitting at right now."Â￾

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Well the T-wolves went pg crazy in the draft, but now it seems Rubio will not play there and Calathes is overseas and Ty Lawson to the Nuggets, so Woodside would actually be the 2nd point guard, if he makes the team.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
does next years draft look any better?

I really don't like to judge drafts a year ahead of time. Too much will change during the college hoops season.

However, Cole Aldrich and the Lithuanian kid seem like locks for the top 10.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Im excited about Aldrich! It would also be nice to see Harangody in the first round. I saw a draft with Luke Babbit out of Nevada goin in the mid first round. Hard to say tho like Freethinker said. Scheyer and Singler should be coming out as wel.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
An update on a few of our guys who SHOULD HAVE been selected in this past draft:

Josh Heytvelt is playing for Oyak Renault of the Turkish league. Through the first 3 games he is averaging 20 ppg (2nd in the league) and 10.33 rpg (2nd as well).

Ryan Toolson is playing for Pinar Karsiyaka, also of the Turkish league. Through 3 he's leading the league with 24.67 ppg.

Jimmy Baron on Mersin BSB. is 6th in scoring at 18.5 ppg.

I wish these guys continued success in the pro careers. Josh Heytvelt is by far better than 25% of the aflete bench warmer/ scrubs in the NBA and there is no excuse why he was not drafted!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Freethinker said:
An update on a few of our guys who SHOULD HAVE been selected in this past draft:

Josh Heytvelt is playing for Oyak Renault of the Turkish league. Through the first 3 games he is averaging 20 ppg (2nd in the league) and 10.33 rpg (2nd as well).

Ryan Toolson is playing for Pinar Karsiyaka, also of the Turkish league. Through 3 he's leading the league with 24.67 ppg.

Jimmy Baron on Mersin BSB. is 6th in scoring at 18.5 ppg.

I wish these guys continued success in the pro careers. Josh Heytvelt is by far better than 25% of the aflete bench warmer/ scrubs in the NBA and there is no excuse why he was not drafted!

Thanks for the updates! All they can do is to continue tearing it up and make these NBA teams realize how stupid they are for ignoring them.