OG: Casey Bulyca, SR
OT: Cody Habben, SO
TE: Michael Gottlieb, SR

DEFENSE

DT: Cameron Elisara, SO - close enough to me
OLB: Joshua Gage, SR

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I know ill be cheering for the huskies this year even though Ty Willingham is the coach. Jake Locker is a GOOD player. He is similiar to Tim Tebow. Both are 6'3, with Tebow around 235 and locker around 220 i would say? I think Locker might actually have better speed than Tebow, but Tebow deffinitely is a better power runner and just is a physical specimen. Ah the white quarterback can play the spread offense as well.
smiley2.gif

whiteCB

Master
celticdb15 said:
I know ill be cheering for the huskies this year even though Ty Willingham is the coach. Jake Locker is a GOOD player. He is similiar to Tim Tebow. Both are 6'3, with Tebow around 235 and locker around 220 i would say? I think Locker might actually have better speed than Tebow, but Tebow deffinitely is a better power runner and just is a physical specimen. Ah the white quarterback can play the spread offense as well.
smiley2.gif

Locker's got more top end speed than Tebow hands down. I remember watching Locker vs. Ohio St last year and once he turned that corner WATCH OUT! Tressel even had the gull to compare Locker to Vince Young and that shocked the media because they were trying to pigeonhole him as not that athletic. Tressel actually crossed the "unspoken" line of comparing a white player to a black player.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I saw several people comment hhis youtube video comparing him to Vince as well. Btw Locker has been playing baseball this summer for a minor league team i found an article yesterday. I'll post it.Edited by: celticdb15

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hope he doesn't give up football. He could be the next Steve Young if he can improve his passing. He has alot of upside and his athleticism if off the charts!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think football is his number one, baseball just more of a passion. (Hopefully)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Black LB E.J. Savannah is off the team due to academic shortcomings. This might open things up for white LBs Brandon Huppertand Cort Dennison to step in.

Also, hispanic Center Juan Garcia is back at practice and might end up starting over Matt Dedillo. Also, Icouldn't find Matt on the roster.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I look forward to BYU playing Washington in a few weeks. I'm curious as to how well the Cougars will be able to contain Jake Locker, an amazing athlete. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, the Willingham era will soon be over. Maybe things will start to look up with a new coach. Lane Kiffin is now interested in the job. What do you think about it?

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8728878/Lane-Kiffin-inter ested-in-Washington-job[/url]
SEATTLE (AP) - Ex-Raiders coach Lane Kiffin has expressed interest in the opening at the University of Washington just hours after the school announced Tyrone Willingham will not return next season.

"The University of Washington is a great job, one that I'm sure a lot of people have an interest in," Kiffin told The Associated Press while watching Monday Night Football at his home in the Bay Area.
<DIV =in_info__btm>

It came open for 2009 on Monday afternoon when Washington announced Willingham's dismissal, effective at the end of this season.

Kiffin spent six years as an assistant in the Pac-10 with Southern California, the last two as the Trojans' offensive coordinator, before becoming the Raiders coach in January 2007.

Washington athletic director Scott Woodward said he would likely begin the search for Willingham's replacement soon.

When asked if he might name a new coach before this season ends, Woodward said, "I would not rule that out."

Naming a successor before Washington's season finale at California on Dec. 6 would be a large step toward salvaging what is potentially a lost recruiting class this winter for the Huskies.

Seahawker71

If you guys think Jake Locker is something watchout for this kid

Jake Heaps will likely be the #1 QB recruit in the nation when he comes
out in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtjfAVWgmI8

Phenomenal athlete.

Lane Kiffen sounds good but honesly I'd love to go after Mike Leach. His
style of offense would work for the Pac 10 and knowing Heaps is going to
be available is certainly enticing.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I watched the youtube highlights and was impressed with Heaps.
But his wide receiver, #1, also caught my eye.
Good hands, good speed, and elusive runs after catch.
A little research, and found out he is Geno Simone.
He will be playing for Washington State next year.
Here is a short article about both of them.
[url]http://www.hsgametime.com/seattle/content/topstories/stories /NW_090608HSGT_gino_simone_jake_heaps_skyline.446c3c32.html [/url]
(This should probably go in the high school section.)Edited by: jacknyc

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sad news-Jake Locker unlikely to play again this year.
SEATTLE (AP) - Washington coach Tyrone Willingham says injured quarterback Jake Locker is likely out for the rest of the season.
<DIV =in_info__btm>

Locker broke his right thumb against Stanford on Sept. 27. For weeks, Willingham left open the possibility Locker could return, but Monday said the quarterback won't play against Washington State in the Apple Cup on Saturday and is likely out against California on Dec. 6.

Locker had surgery last Friday to remove stabilizing plates from his thumb.

The Huskies (0-10) are the only winless team in the country. (No doubt this would be different with Locker, a tremendous athlete. I wishJake the best and look forward to watching him next year.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8809206/Willingham:-Locke r-unlikely-to-play-again-in-2008 [/url]

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Willingham is out and former BYU QB and current USC offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will be the new head coach at Washington.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8896206/Reports:-Washingt on-to-name-Sarkisian-head-coach?FSO2&amp;ATT=MA [/url]
The University of Washington will hire USC offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian as head football coach, according to multiple reports.
<DIV =in_info__btm>

Sarkisian will replace fired coach Tyrone Willingham.

The Seattle Times reported that Sarkisian had his coaching friends lobby UW officials for the job, and that UW athletic director Scott Woodward was impressed with Sarkisian's interview. Fresno State coach Pat Hill and Texas Tech's Mike Leach reportedly removed themselves from consideration for the job.

Sarkisian first joined the USC coaching staff in 2001 as an offensive assistant, and became offensive coordinator in 2007. He spent 2004 with the Oakland Raiders as quarterbacks coach, returning to USC in 2005.

Sarkisian was a standout quarterback at BYU, leading the nation in passing efficiency as a senior on a Cougars team that won the 1997 Cotton Bowl.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sarkisian already making mistakes!

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/9153128/Washington-report s-2nd-violation-by-Sarkisian?FSO2&amp;ATT=MA [/url]

SEATTLE (AP) - Washington is self-reporting to the Pac-10 Conference a second recruiting violation this month by new football coach Steve Sarkisian.
<DIV =in_info__btm>

Though the violations are secondary, any such missteps are a sensitive issue for Washington, a former national power program that's been in disarray for most of this decade.

The Huskies were the only winless team in major college football last year and coach Tyrone Willingham was fired during the season.

"I want to make it clear that we do not tolerate NCAA violations," Washington athletic director Scott Woodward said Thursday. "We, as a department, are committed to compliance with the rules."

Woodward has been in his job on a full-time basis since September. He said a violation occurred when Sarkisian, the former Southern California offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator Nick Holt, who also just arrived from USC, met with two high-school seniors and their coach last week in Los Angeles. A reporter from the Los Angeles Times and a junior teammate of the two players were also present.

The Times reported Wednesday the meeting with Jordan High School senior James Boyd, a star quarterback and defensive end who has committed to Southern California, along with Jordan High coach Elijah Asante, senior Delvon Purvis and junior Deshawn Beck took place at a hair salon and then a coffee shop.

The story focused on how colleges sometimes offer scholarships to relatively lightly regarded players in a push to sign their star teammates.

The Times reporter, Ben Bolch, said he was at the hair salon interviewing a player and his coach when Sarkisian and Holt arrived.

"Bottom line is that they did not know I would be there and did not talk to me other than to make introductions," Bolch said of Sarkisian and Holt, in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Washington acknowledged the NCAA does not permit coaches to have off-campus contact with recruits until July 1 prior to their senior year. It is also forbidden to have contact with recruits in the presence of media.

"Coach Sarkisian and Coach Holt found themselves in an awkward situation that was not of their doing," Woodward said. "They regret that the incident occurred, and I'm confident that they will handle similar circumstances differently in the future."

Last week, the school reported to the Pac-10 that Sarkisian and his staff simulated a game-day entrance during an on-campus visit by a recruit, specifically smoke and players running out of the Husky Stadium tunnel. An NCAA bylaw prohibits prospects from participating in any type of "game-day simulations" during a visit. Washington expected to get an administrative reprimand from the conference for that and did not believe it would jeopardize the eligibility or recruitment of any players.

Mike Matthews, the Pac-10's associate commissioner for compliance, did not immediately return messages left at his office in Walnut Creek, Calif., seeking comment for Washington having two violations in two weeks. His staff is reviewing the incidents.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Joe Montana's son, Nick has also comitted to play fo rthe huskies!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Interesting news, gentlemen.