2008 Vanderbilt Commodores

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Jared carried the ball three of Vandy's first four plays, picking up 6 yards, 4 yards, and 6 yards. then, for some bizarre reason, he only touched the ball one more time until the 4th Quarter.
smiley5.gif

now, i'm obviously not Vanderbilt's coach, but something is very, very strange about that kind of play calling. especially when the supposed supa afalete at quarterback is averaging a whopping 1 yard per carry but keeps tucking and running it (black QB nickson had 16 carries for 17 yards in the game).

just imagine what Jared might have done had he been allowed to actually "play" the whole game instead of just being on the field until the 4th Quarter.
smiley2.gif

Colonel Reb said:
Yeah, that stupid announcer on the far left of the screen, can't remember his name
that is former Florida Gators quarterback Jesse Palmer, if i'm not mistaken.

White Power

Mentor
Hawkins is a legitimate running back who does not have his coache's full trust, and I think we all know why. It's like coaches are scared to play the white kids. However later on in the game the idiot Johnson realized that Hawkins is his best play maker on offense, and he started calling his number in the decisive 4 th quarter. Great game Jared you are fun to watch play the game.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah Jimmy, it was Jesse Palmer. Jared is a great back, not a "surprise tonight" like they said he was in the 4th quarter. I hope Bobby Johnson will give him carries when their injured black back gets back. He's earned it in my opinion. ESPN is anti-white in almost every way. On Sportscenter after the game they talked about him "coming out of nowhere" like he just got on the team. Also, the Recap on ESPN's website mentioned him once, way down in the article. Instead it was Nickson who "threw for one touchdown and ran for another as Vanderbilt beat a ranked opponent on its own field." Never mind that Jared was player of the game.
smiley7.gif

dwid

Hall of Famer
it was more suprising they decided to use that black rb for a while, the two plays i remember are him running into his own lineman when there was a hole to go through, and him getting hit and fumbling, i stopped watching it for a while and then tuned in later to see them finally comeback with jared

DWFan

Mentor
I very, very rarely watch a college football game, but for the last several years, when college fans ask me who I want to win I invariably say Vanderbilt. This is based on my perception of them as the only SEC school who places their academic programs over their football/dorm rape programs. Is my perception still accurate (or was it ever?)?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think so, DWFan, although Bobby Johnson has lowered the academic bar more than any of his predecessors. Vandy is still the hardest SEC school to get into and that, along with having "a little less Caste than usual" coaches, is why I still halfway like the team.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the whitest team in the SEC is currently 4-0.
smiley32.gif

also, starting free safety Ryan Hamilton was named the Nagurski National Player of the Week for his performance against Ole Miss last week.
smiley32.gif
Hamilton, a 6-2, 210-pound senior from Wycombe, Pa., tied a school record with three interceptions. He returned one interception 79 yards for a touchdown in Vanderbilt's 23-17 victory at Mississippi. Hamilton's third interception sealed the victory as time expired.

Hamilton, who became the second Vanderbilt defender to win the FWAA's weekly award this season, added a fumble recovery and had six tackles (four unassisted), including a goal-line stop that prevented a Rebel score. The other Vanderbilt winner of the award this season was linebacker Patrick Benoist in a 24-17 victory over South Carolina.

Hamilton will be added to the 2008 Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List.

Patrick Benoist, the current leading tackler in the SEC, had 7 total tackles (4 solo) in the game, and a half-tackle for loss.

starting defensive end Steven Stone, who was not recruited by his home-state Razorbacks, continued his dominant play, as well. Stone had 3 solo tackles (7 total), 2 tackles for loss, and a sack, only the second Ole Miss has given up this season.
smiley4.gif
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting about Ryan, JC. I listened to some of the game online and it was amazing the way he was playing, especially in the second half. I'm glad they put it to the Weebles of New Miss. I hope they end up going to and winning a bowl game and getting Jared Hawkins some exposure. Vandy is also ranked for the first time since 1984. They are 21st in the AP and 25th in the coaches poll.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
some more cool info on Vanderbilt football regarding a player that should be given special consideration by us at CF for his attitude, Chris Reinert.

FOOTBALL: Reinert defies the odds, motivates his teammates
Submitted by Andrew Barge on 09-11-08, 9:12 pm

It was the fourth quarter of a tight game against a ranked opponent on national television. All eyes were on Vanderbilt redshirt junior walk-on receiver Chris Reinert.

Moments earlier, Reinert and redshirt junior running back Jared Hawkins had bumped into each other, causing Reinert to fall to the turf in agonizing pain. From the eyes of everyone watching, his season appeared to be over.

But Reinert wasn't done at all. As he sat on the medical cart with his fibula and tibia broken in his left leg, the receiver had one last contribution to give his team before he left.

"When I got on the cart, I gave the crowd and my teammates a thumbs up and they got real loud, so I started waving my arms up and down and they got even louder," said Reinert.
With millions watching, Reinert had seized the moment. The result was a fanatic reaction rarely experienced in Vanderbilt Stadium.

"It was my way of saying, 'Guys, forget about me - think about winning this game. We'll worry about me afterwards,'" Reinert said. "I just wanted to get everyone and the team back to being excited about the game."

It worked. Before Reinert even made it into the ambulance, he heard the sound of the touchdown horn and the eruption of the Vanderbilt crowd. Hawkins had scored on a 13-yard run, which would turn out to be the game's most decisive play.

Reinert's display of enthusiasm showed the nation what his coaches and teammates already knew.

"Chris is a really tough guy," said Vanderbilt coach Bobby Johnson. "He always has enthusiasm and I definitely think it motivates our players - on the next run when Jared broke three tackles and got into the end zone for the score."

Captain Bradley Vierling agrees.

"Chris is always positive, a great guy to have in the locker room," Vierling, a redshirt junior, said. "The way he got up and pumped up our crowd - that was an exciting thing to be a part of."

While enthusiasm defines Reinert for his coaches and teammates, it's a passion for the camaraderie of football that personally fuels him. Whether he's at practice, playing in a game or on a medical cart, his teammates are his sole motivation.

"For me, the unity is the most important thing. There's a sense of gratification you can share when you've completed something with a group of people," Reinert said. "Having that feeling, working so hard together, it motivates me and drives me every day."

It's why, despite an impressive 1410 on his SAT, Reinert chose to attend prep school after graduation to further pursue his dream of big-time college football. It's why he wasn't listening when everyone said a 5-foot-9-inch receiver without blazing speed doesn't exist in the Southeastern Conference. It's why his hard work got him to Vanderbilt and earned him a yearlong football scholarship as a sophomore.

And it's why he won't hesitate when you ask him if he'll ever play football again.

"Absolutely, I'll be back. What happened to me was unfortunate, but it's something that'll motivate me to work even harder and get back out there stronger and better than before," Reinert said. "I can't wait to be back."

After last Thursday, you can bet Vanderbilt fans feel the same way.

Riddlewire

Master
I can't believe it's this late and nobody posted about Vandy's win yet.
Backup QB Mackenzi Adams 'turns on' the Commodores offense after lackluster starter Chris Nickson is injured early on. Adams was better than Nickson in the playing time he got last year and he was much better than Nickson tonight. Will he get the start next week? He certainly deserves it. He delivered Vanderbilt's first win over Auburn since the 50's.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It was a great win, and a great showing for Adams, much to the chagrin of Kirk H. He wouldn't give Adams any athletic compliments until he absolutely had to. I wish I could have chunked some shoes at him for at least half of that game last night. I just wish Jared Hawkins had received more carries.

Gi-15

Mentor
I sure would have like Jared to get more carries, but seems like the TB run was pretty much taken out of the game by the Auburn D. At least this win keeps Vandy and Jared on the map !

Colonel_Reb said:
I think so, DWFan, although Bobby Johnson has lowered the academic bar more than any of his predecessors. Vandy is still the hardest SEC school to get into and that, along with having "a little less Caste than usual" coaches, is why I still halfway like the team.

The Vandy fans have wanted the academic bar lowered for over 50 years now. Around 35 years ago, athletes were allowed to attend Peabody and play on Vanderbilt athletic teams. I once heard a Tennessee fan joke that Vanderbilt ought to let football players attend predominantly black Tennessee State while playing for Vandy.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Very true Gi-15. This week, Vandy goes to Starkpatch, Missippi, where the modified cowbells induce lingering headaches and/or ringing ears. I doubt Vandy will have too much trouble there, but you should always be aware of the let down after the big win. It would do my heart goodto see Jared run wild and Vandy become bowl eligible in the land of the Maroons.

Colonel_Reb said:
Very true Gi-15. This week, Vandy goes to Starkpatch, Missippi, where the modified cowbells induce lingering headaches and/or ringing ears. I doubt Vandy will have too much trouble there, but you should always be aware of the let down after the big win. It would do my heart good to see Jared run wild and Vandy become bowl eligible in the land of the Maroons.

I heard on the radio that the last time Vanderbilt was 5-0, FDR was in the White House. In recent decades, when Vandy won a few major games, they would have a let down and lose to somebody they should beat. We will see if they can avoid it this year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
Colonel_Reb said:
Very true Gi-15. This week, Vandy goes to Starkpatch, Missippi, where the modified cowbells induce lingering headaches and/or ringing ears. I doubt Vandy will have too much trouble there, but you should always be aware of the let down after the big win. It would do my heart goodto see Jared run wild and Vandy become bowl eligible in the land of the Maroons.

I heard on the radio that the last time Vanderbilt was 5-0, FDR was in the White House. In recent decades, when Vandy won a few major games, they would have a let down and lose to somebody they should beat. We will see if they can avoid it this year.

sport historian, it was 1943 when Vandy was last 5-0. I hope they end up winning the SEC East and the SEC title as well, with Adams and Hawkins leading the way of course. Still a long way from that, but a man can dream.
smiley36.gif

DWFan

Mentor
sport historian said:
Colonel_Reb said:

The Vandy fans have wanted the academic bar lowered for over 50 years now. Around 35 years ago, athletes were allowed to attend Peabody and play on Vanderbilt athletic teams. I once heard a Tennessee fan joke that Vanderbilt ought to let football players attend predominantly black Tennessee State while playing for Vandy.

Since becoming aware of the caste system, it daily becomes harder and harder for me to pull for a team. I think your message might be the final nail in the coffin that changes my mentality to rooting for individual players. I still want Vanderbilt to win, since they are the only team in the SEC that comes close to fielding a racially fair team, but I'm not going to feel any solidarity with their fans, unless they are fans that want to topple the caste.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
DWFan said:
sport historian said:
Colonel_Reb said:

Since becoming aware of the caste system, it daily becomes harder and harder for me to pull for a team. I think your message might be the final nail in the coffin that changes my mentality to rooting for individual players. I still want Vanderbilt to win, since they are the only team in the SEC that comes close to fielding a racially fair team, but I'm not going to feel any solidarity with their fans, unless they are fans that want to topple the caste.

sport historian, I missed this post of yours this morning, but it is a good one. DWFan, I hope that more people will wake up to the anti-white discrimination that exists and quit being team fans. I also agree with your point about the fans being anti-Caste, but that would probably be hard to find in a big program. We can fight the Caste System andwin ever increasing numbers of those fans over to our side by educating them one at a time. It doesn't work every time, but it does work.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm sitting here watching a re-play of the Vandy-Auburn game, and it is blatantly obvious that Kirk Herbstreit can't grasp the notion that Mackenzie Adams has talent.

constant qualifiers such as, "Adams comes in cold not ready to play," precede every factual statement such as, "and leads his team down for a touchdown."

what the f@*# is going through the a-hole's mind that convoluted logic/thinking like that makes sense?!?
smiley5.gif

every time Adams makes a play, Herbstreit mentions that Nickson could have done the same thing, only better. he's even alluded that the offensive coordinator is now calling plays so the quarterback can be successful... as if that weren't the case with negro nickson taking snaps.

also, i found it incredibly funny that nickson allegedly injured his shoulder, yet he limped off the field. ha! methinks he pulled his vagina when Auburn was wearing him out.

Herbstreit has twin sons. i wonder if he teaches them that they'll never be good enough to play at Ohio State when they grow up, like he did, because blacky is so superior to them? or what he'll think if/when they don't get a scholarship to play football because some affirmative action superhero that couldn't hold their jocks got one instead?Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jimmy, you are absolutely right about Herbie K. I was so sick of hearing him during that game. I was telling my wife about all the lies and Caste doublespeak that were emanating from his orifice during the game. You don't know how proud I was of Mackenzi for making him look like the Caste clown that he is. Herbie, Mackenzi IS AS DYNAMIC A PLAYER (probably more so) AS Nickson is. You made yourself look like a fool Herbie K.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bobby Johnson was a fool today. He started Nickson and got no production, just like last week. He puts Mackenzi Adams in too late in the game and they lose their first of the year to coal black Mississippi State.
smiley11.gif
Until Johnson goes with Adams asthe starter, I won't be pulling for them to win.

As I wrote in a previous post, Vanderbilt has had years when they started well, but around mid-season, lost to a team they should beat. Then, the season would go straight downhill. Will this happen again in 2008?

Riddlewire

Master
Previous Vanderbilt history had nothing to do with this game. Johnson screwed up. Nickson should never have been on the field. Look at the stats. He was horrible throwing and running. All those failed snaps should've gone to Adams. Vanderbilt was the superior team. They got beat because of Johnson's fear of replacing his black stud with the actual best QB.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Previous Vanderbilt history had nothing to do with this game. Johnson screwed up. Nickson should never have been on the field. Look at the stats. He was horrible throwing and running. All those failed snaps should've gone to Adams. Vanderbilt was the superior team. They got beat because of Johnson's fear of replacing his black stud with the actual best QB.

Well said Riddlewire!