2008 Kansas Jayhawks

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely white starters for 2008. Nice increase over last year.

Offense

QB Todd Reesing

RB Jake Sharp
smiley32.gif
-in a fight for the position

WR Kerry Meier

LG Adrian Mayes

C Ryan Cantrell

RG Chet Hartley

RT Matt Darton

Defense

LE Russell Brorson

DT Caleb Blakesly

NG Todd Haselhorst

RE John Larson

MLB Joe Mortensen

WLB Mike RiveraEdited by: Colonel_Reb

whiteCB

Master
I look forward to watching Sharp run the rock and Meier catching it. Meier by the way is also the team's #2 QB after he was beaten out for the starting job by Reesing last year. Nice to see the coaching staff not waste Meier's athletic ability after he lost the starting job.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
What performances for Sharp, Meier, Reesing, etc.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

I hope Kansas is "allowed" to finish the season... as they are probably breaking some rules.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
What fun it must be to be a Jayhawks fan. Behind BYU I think I have found my team to root for this year. When was the last time that a top 25 team from a big conference was lead by a white QB, RB and WR???

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I think QB Todd Reesing, RB Jake Sharp and WR Kerry Meier are the most fun NCAA offense to watch in a long time.

Todd Reesing may not get much hype, but I think he's the best QB I've seen this season in college football.

FYI, they were already saying how Kerry Meier (who was torching everyone during the game) should "bulk up" and play TE in the NFL like his brother, Shad Meier. Hmmm, that same old caste doctrine sounds familiar, dosnt it?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thrashen, I agree about Kansas. Kerry Meier reminds me a bit of Matt Jones in the way that he moves, but his running stylereminds me even more of Archie Manning during his Ole Miss days. I think Meier would make a great NFL WR. I hope he keeps moving up the statistical rankings.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I will be rooting for Jake, Kerry, and Todd to have a great game today and upset Texas Tech on a national stage.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
The Kansas defense is pretty close to helpless at the hands of the Texas Tech juggernaut. Graham Harrell is really running the offense like a true leader, and TT has scored on each of its posessions so far.

I like watching Kansas play well, I hope they get their act together!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Kansas secondary has beenthat team'sachilles heel the last few years, so it doesn't surprise me too much to see them acting like a strainer to the Texas Tech offense. They can't tackle and they are often out of position. Jake and Kerry are having a good game so far though. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

sot42

Has anyone else noticed that the Big 12 has completely jumped the shark and become a bad video game league? I can barely bring myself to watch some of the
basketball on grass" that these teams play.

That said, Jake Sharp could very well thrive in this environment.

Not to mention Logan Dold.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kansas-Missouri to play at Arrowhead Stadium through 2012.

The Kansas-Missouri football game will continue to be played at Arrowhead Stadium through the 2012 season, the Kansas City Star reported.

Missouri, Kansas, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Greater Kansas City Sports Commission announced the extension Thursday.

Saturday's game between the two is the second of a two-year deal.

Both schools had said they needed the revenue of playing at least six games on their own campus before agreeing to this deal. In games on campus, visiting teams don't receive revenue. Last year's game at Arrowhead earned approximately $1.3 million for each school.

"This agreement enables the University of Kansas to bring a game to the back yard of its largest alumni base," KU athletic director Lew Perkins said to the Kansas City Star. "It is an outstanding opportunity to showcase this great rivalry on a terrific national stage."

Kansas will be the home team in 2009 and 2011; Missouri in 2010 and 2012.

No terms of financial guarantees to the two schools were announced.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3730763