2008 Iowa Hawkeyes

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the probable starting whites for Iowa this year. They had 11 in 05', 13 in 06', and 15 in 07'

Offense

QB Jake Christensen

WR Andy Brodell

FB Brett Morse

TE Brandon Myers

LT Bryan Bulaga

LG Andy Kuempel or Rafael Eubanks

C Rob Bruggeman

RG Seth Olsen

RT Kyle Calloway

Defense

DT Matt Kroul

DT Mitch King

OLB A.J. Edds

MLB Pat Angerer-in a fight for the position

FS Brett Greenwood

SS Tyler SashEdited by: Colonel_Reb

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It's good to see Bulaga starting this year. I remember seeing his profile on scout two years ago thinking he would be a solid player! The Iowa defense always plays whites and Mitch King is probably one of the quickest DT's in the country. Brodell should tear it up this year ala Jordy Nelson anyone?

jared

Mentor
Absolutely, I think this is Brodell's breakout year. He's not as stout as Jordy but might just be a touch faster. We'll see how he looks coming off of his injury.

Also keep an eye out for Trey Stoss and Colin Sandeman. 3 of the Hawkeyes' top 4 WRs are white.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Looks like 14 whites this year according to the new depth chart.

jared

Mentor
Redshirt Freshman Tyler Sash has taken over the starting SS job. That makes another rare pair of white safeties in the FCS (Air Force, Penn State, BYU? are the only others that come to mind). Anyway, in Sash's first game against Iowa State he had 10 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 INT.
smiley32.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
jared said:
Redshirt Freshman Tyler Sash has taken over the starting SS job. That makes another rare pair of white safeties in the FCS (Air Force, Penn State, BYU? are the only others that come to mind). Anyway, in Sash's first game against Iowa State he had 10 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 INT.
smiley32.gif

FBS pal
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
15 white starters it is then! Thanks for the info jared!

jared

Mentor
Gi-15 said:
jared said:
smiley32.gif

FBS pal
smiley2.gif

D'oh! Well at least I'm trying to make the transition. I'll get it next time.

Iowa usually put a large number of Whites on the field making them my "third" favorite team.

The #1 and #2 spots taken by BYU and Air Force.
smiley2.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Iowa hosts a reeling Wisconsin team this week.

I expect a good showing from Brodell and Iowa.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<H1>Iowa's Ferentz suspends son from team</H1>
<H1>IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - University of Iowa football coach Kirk Ferentz has suspended his son from the Hawkeyes football team after he was cited for drinking underage.</H1>
<DIV id=story_content>

James Ferentz, a freshman offensive lineman, was cited by Iowa City Police for drinking underage early Friday morning.

In a statement, Kirk Ferentz said he was extremely disappointed with his son's behavior. He says his son is suspended from all team activities for an indefinite time and will also be required to attend counseling sessions and perform community service for the next six weeks.

Kirk Ferentz says the fact that it is his son being punished "only complicates an already tough situation."

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8689616/Iowa's-Ferentz-su spends-son-from-team?FSO2&amp;ATT=MA
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Pat Angerer had 2 interceptions and a bunch of tackles today. He now has 4 interceptions for the season.

Iowa's offense humiliated the Wisconsin defense.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
A toast to IOWA for "shocking the world" by beating Penn State and giving them an ugly 1 in their loss column!

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Now, Iowa is going for win #7 and hoping to avoid a letdown against 3-7 Purdue. The media will - rightfully - have a field day if Iowa loses. "See, they suck. They got lucky against Penn State."

Go Mitch King, you are a monster! Go Hawkeyes!!

whiteCB

Master
Congrats to Iowa for beating the crap out of the "far more athletic" South Carolina Gamewieners. The "slow" Iowa farm boys brought Carolina to the barn and beat them into the ground. Though seriously it was good to see a team that gives white guys a fair chance beat the crap out of one that is as coal black as they come.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
1123655.jpeg

This is a really good natured fellow. Hitting a cabbie who honked at him.
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Iowa starting defensive end Adrian Clayborn has been charged with punching a cab driver who honked at him in Iowa City.

Police say Clayborn left his vehicle, reached inside the taxi window and punched the driver before a friend pulled him away at about 2 a.m. on Jan. 18.

The police complaint said the cabbie sustained minor injuries.

Two months later, the 20-year-old Clayborn was charged with assault causing bodily injury, a serious misdemeanor. He turned himself into police on Friday morning. Iowa's athletic department says he pleaded not guilty.

If convicted, Clayborn could face a year in jail and a $1,875 fine.

"I've been aware of this alleged incident since January and consider it to be a serious situation," coach Kirk Ferentz said in a statement. "Based on what I know to this point, I think it is best to let due process run its course before coming to any judgment."

Clayborn, of St. Louis, started 11 games last season as a sophomore on a Hawkeyes squad that finished 9-4 and beat South Carolina 31-10 in the Outback Bowl.

Clayborn was a key member of one of the nation's top defensive lines in 2008, and he's expected to play an even larger role next season with the loss of star tackles Mitch King and Matt Kroul.

Iowa would return just one starting defensive lineman, junior Christian Ballard, if Clayborn is dismissed from the team.

The Hawkeyes, who should be among the favorites for the Big Ten title in 2009, start spring practice Wednesday. Ferentz is scheduled to hold a news conference that day.

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/9359528/Police-charge-Iow a-player-with-punching-cabbie?FSO2&amp;ATT=MA [/url]