2008 Arkansas Razorbacks

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for new head coach Bobby Petrino.

Offense

QB Casey Dick

LG Mitch Petrus

C Jonathan Luigs

Defense

DE Jake Bequette

DE Zach StadtherEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8386118/Razorbacks-WR-Wad e-arrested-for-DUI?FSO2&ATT=MA [/url]
<H3>Razorbacks WR Wade arrested for DUI</H3>

Associated Press

<DIV =gray_dots>

Updated: July 27, 2008, 6:50 PM EST

Arkansas wide receiver Marques Wade faces a drunken driving charge after authorities said he nearly hit a police officer with his car late Saturday night.

<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = FSTL /><FSTL:EDGEINCLUDE source="/name/public/Topstories"></FSTL:EDGEINCLUDE>

A Fayetteville police report shows an officer stopped the sophomore from Ellenwood, Ga., after he sped through a parking lot and nearly slid into another officer. The report alleges Wade had bloodshot eyes and denied drinking, but said he had "smoked some marijuana earlier in the day."

Police said a breathalyzer test showed Wade had a blood-alcohol level of 0.11. Arkansas' legal limit is 0.08.

Wade also faces a misdemeanor careless driving charge. He was released from Washington County jail early Sunday morning after posting an $880 bond.

Wade told The Associated Press he had no comment Sunday about his arrest.

Wade is scheduled to appear Aug. 18 in Fayetteville District Court. He played only four games last year.

The incident marks the fifth arrest of a member of the Arkansas' football team this year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm of the opinion that the Razorbacks have likely won their only two ball games this year.

also, nice to see you back around, Daimon.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
fat black sumo defensive tackle ernest mitchell is out with a knee injury for the foreseeable future, after having arthroscopic surgery. that means finally true freshman Zach Stadther will get the start against Florida. Stadther has clearly been the Hogs best defensive tackle thus far even though he's not gotten a lot of snaps, and despite being virtually un-recruited out of high school.

he, and redshirt freshman defensive end Jake Bequette, have provided the very rare bright spots for the Hogs defense so far this year, both literally and figuratively. they are two of only three whites to play on the defensive side of the ball.

ballhawking free safety Matt Harris has "strangely" been demoted to back-up strong safety, despite ranking 4th on the team in tackles (after three games) and only starting once.

coaches say he doesn't have the needed size (Harris is 6-2, 196-pounds), so instead they've moved him behind giants Jerico Nelson (5-9, 195-pounds), Dallas Washington (6-0, 210-pounds), and Elton Ford (6-0, 208-pounds). clearly, they are all much larger.
smiley5.gif

dare i say what they have in common that Matt doesn't?
smiley7.gif
Harris didn't even play in the Razorbacks loss to Texas.
smiley5.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
as i posted in the defensive backs thread, Arkansas' Matt Harris had a HUGE game in the upset win over Tulsa on Saturday.

the Razorbacks defense also featured two white freshman d-linemen for much of the game (defensive end Jake Bequette and defensive tackle Zach Stadther), as well. AND previously ignored junior defensive end who doesn't even have a number on the team's website, Chris Berezansky saw a significant amount of action. this is the most white players on the field at one time for the Razorbacks in several years.

not coincidentally, with these four white warriors battling on the field together the Hogs defense performed the best it has all season!
smiley32.gif

the Razorbacks held Tulsa's explosive offense to a single field goal in the second half (when Harris was the full-time player at free safety), and for the game held Tulsa to a mere 23 points. Tulsa had averaged 56 points-per-game coming into the contest.

Harris had 12 solo tackles, 2 tackles for loss, and a pass break-up (as well as a forced fumble and numerous assisted tackles that he wasn't credited for).

Bequette had 5 solo tackles and a tackle for loss (but strangely no credited assisted tackles). Stadther had 2 solo tackles, 3 assists, 1 tackle for loss, and was credited for half a sack. Berezansky had 1 solo tackle.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
To quote Rosco P. Coltrane, Good news, good news!
smiley32.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
extremely gifted wide receiver Crosby Tuck's career is over.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - Arkansas sophomore wide receiver Crosby Tuck will no longer compete as a member of the Razorback football team. Tuck has been limited since suffering a severe elbow injury in the third game of the 2007 season.

"I want to thank the University of Arkansas and the football coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to play college football as a member of the Razorbacks," Tuck said. "While I have made some progress since my injury, it has grown increasingly difficult to remain competitive at this level of college football. I am appreciative to the physicians and the sports medicine staff for their work and support during my football career. While I will no longer play football, I am excited to remain at the University of Arkansas, pursue my degree and continue to be a part of the Razorback family."

what a terrible loss.
smiley18.gif

the official link can be found here.

johnnyboy

Guru
Jimmy Chitwood said:
extremely gifted wide receiver Crosby Tuck's career is over.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - Arkansas sophomore wide receiver Crosby Tuck will no longer compete as a member of the Razorback football team. Tuck has been limited since suffering a severe elbow injury in the third game of the 2007 season.

"I want to thank the University of Arkansas and the football coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to play college football as a member of the Razorbacks," Tuck said. "While I have made some progress since my injury, it has grown increasingly difficult to remain competitive at this level of college football. I am appreciative to the physicians and the sports medicine staff for their work and support during my football career. While I will no longer play football, I am excited to remain at the University of Arkansas, pursue my degree and continue to be a part of the Razorback family."

what a terrible loss.
smiley18.gif

the official link can be found here.

that really sucks. he was another great player from Shiloh Christian. God bless him and i hope he does well in all his endeavors.